“Nice vacation”

Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #40 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were there for 3 nights as a promotional gig with Hilton. They put us up for 3 nights for a great price if we were willing to listen to there sales pitch for trying to get up to buy into the ownership program.

The hotel and surrounding area was very nice, room was great, bathroom was huge!!!. The only problem we had with this room was the screaming child every single morning, and I am talking early morning. Do believe they should give you a complementary breakfast while you are there.
Staff was more than helpful and very eager to please. Will not go back because if you don't buy into their membership program, you aren't allowed to stay there.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay away from families with small kids if you are just with your spouse, air conditio...
1  Thank Debby S
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We're delighted you found our Team Members more than helpful and very eager to please during your brief stay with us. At the same time though, please understand that while you may have opted not to become a member of the Hilton Grand Vacations family at this time, we'd love to have you stay with us again if your travel plans bring you back to the Orlando area. If this is of interest to you, you may make a reservation at your convenience by simply visiting our Hilton website. Again, thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to be of service to you.

Peter M. Merrill

Write a ReviewReviews (3,026)

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a "family resort" property--both a time share and hotel--located near several of Orlando's themed attractions. It was my first experience in this type of property. While it's not for me, it might well be what you're looking for.

For what it's worth, and just in case you ARE like me, here's why I would not return: no PBS station, no FM on the sound system (so NPR available only on the small alarm clock radio), and no desks in any of the rooms! (But see below about the staff's excellent attempts to accommodate me!) There was also a fairly constant thumping and screeching from the pool area--loud music, an evening movie projected on a giant screen, children enjoying the water slide--all normal at a family resort. But not for me.

I'd rate the property higher if my request for a quiet room on a high floor--repeated several times in advance both to central reservations and directly to the hotel--had been honored. Upon arrival, my prior requests and Hilton "gold status" were irrelevant, although the friendly desk clerk did read (for the first time) the notes in my record. I was assigned a mid-level room facing the noise, albeit away from "mechanicals," and told to check the next day "to see if someone checked out." I accepted that, until I discovered later that people checking in after me were offered--and got--the very type of room I'd requested. I did request a change the next morning, but was told that the hotel was full--which it clearly was not. Apparently "full" means something other than "all rooms occupied." (See below for rooms you might like.)

So my visit started off poorly--but then began to turn around, thanks to some terrific staff. Although I was stuck in my room for 4 days--actually a deluxe suite from which I had to escape during the noisier periods--it was immaculate and had everything I needed in a kitchen. (Wal-Mart and Publix are nearby!) And "guest services" got into problem-solving mode. They sent Roop and Jorge from Engineering to make unsuccessful but earnest attempts to tune in an NPR station on the sound system. (The FM option is not connected to an antenna since "nobody uses it.") They explained that the hotel had "dropped the PBS station from the channel line-up" in a recent revision. (Although you-know-who lost the election, there's no Big Bird to be seen at the Parc Soliel, kids.) But here's the best: At the behest of Myrna from Guest Services, Roop and Jorge returned shortly with a small table for me to use as a desk. Where did they get it? From their break room!!! Wonderful. (BTW, I could have worked at the dining table, but would have had to stretch my AC plug perilously across the room.) These accommodating staff made it possible for me--a misfit here--to have a pretty good time and meet some terrific people.

About "amenities:" The Activity Center and Exercise Room are meagerly but adequately stocked and staffed. Planned activities for kids seemed to be enjoyed. There were some for adults, but none appealed to me, so I can't comment. One of the two pools is quieter and more adult-oriented (though children are allowed), the jacuzzi was delightful, and the nearly completed walking/jogging track was a pleasant retreat. Restaurant meals were reasonably priced (for a hotel) and fairly well prepared, though the presentation was odd--more fit for poolside than a dining room. (No seafood forks, only plastic wine glasses, etc.) Sundries and snacks are available in The Market, but I'd recommend a 5-minute drive for wider choice and better prices.

Rooms: Others have noted that the walls are thin, so be sure to ask for what you need--even if your request, like mine, is ignored. There are two completed buildings. Building 100 faces northerly (front side) to the pool. The back side side looks over marsh and ponds and affords a view of the Disney fireworks at night. Building 200 is busier and noisier, housing all the "activities and amenities." The pool side, facing east, has a nice sunrise view; the back side overlooks rather dismal construction areas, but is quieter than the front.

NOTE: I'm rating Service as "average" only because it was a mix of terrible (Reservations & Room Assignment) and wonderful (some Guest Service, Housekeeping, & Engineering).

Room Tip: Quietest-Building 100 rear. Closest to amenities-Building 200. See review for details and comments...
1  Thank mbj2
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Very nice, luxurious hotel, with multiple swimming pools and hot tubs, and even a water slide. Beautiful landscaping and top-notch amenities. We stayed on the 11th floor, and the view is wonderful. I would not change a single thing, except maybe better directions to get there - it is confusing the first time.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in a one bedroom which was one of the nicest rooms we have every stayed in.

Pros: Full kitchen with stove , fridge and blender with nice sized kitchen table. Seperate living room/ bedroom. Bathroom is large with incredible bath. Property is well maintained with two pools and 4 hot tubs. Parking is free. Rooms with fireworks view.

Cons: Sport courts are at the other end of the property. Restaurant is limited and pricy. Pools are cold and not heated which is great in the Summer but may be too cool in the off seasons.

Overall was a great stay and will look to book again

Room Tip: Get a room with a fireworks view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Xelint
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is really a beautiful and comfortable property. The rooms are perfect and well supplied with all comforts of home. We always stay in the two bedrooms and the full kitchen and dining room, not to mention your own washer and dryer make this perfect for traveling with children. The pool was warm and relaxing. The pet peeve I have with them is that since this is a family oriented location, most families drive SUVs or minivans and the parking places are so narrow that there is no way to open a door without bumping into your neighbor. I had to back out each time my group loaded or unloaded. Also they don't provide any shuttles to nearby theme parks. Other than these inconveniences, I will still return and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Ask for room toward pool side.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights and thought everything was teriffic. We did the 2-hour time share presentation but decided against it. We stayed in a studio but the 2 and 3 room suites are beautiful. The hotel is fairly new, clean and modern. The staff is amazingly friendly. If you go, be sure to talk to Jodie, the concierge. She is wonderful and can help you with your plans. We were there on Halloween and the staff put on a festival for the kids, including trick & treating and a movie. They have a regular recreation program all of the time.

The facilities are plenfiful - nice restaurant, deli, great pool, several hot tubs, etc. You are only a few minutes from DisneyWorld but they have a shuttle to the park and to Universal & Seaworld ($9 roundtrip) if you don't want to drive. This would be a great place to spend time with a family just relaxing or taking in the parks.

Room Tip: Rooms are well equipped with fridge, M/W, large bath, utensils, dishes, etc.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The property is very nice. Our room overlooked a lake with fountains. We could see the parks in the distance. We were told we had a view of the fireworks but we were never in our room at that time to see them. There is a restaurant, marketplace and Starbucks on location - very convenient.

Room Tip: One bedroom premium rooms (rooms that end in "22") do not have a bathroom entrance from th...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family