“Great stay!”

Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #37 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We just completed a 5 night stay here and really enjoyed it. Granted, we weren't around much as we were doing Disney, but the room was wonderful and exceeded our expectations. We had a room on the 8th floor of tower 1 with a view away from the pool and I loved it - it was so peaceful and we could see Epcot in the distance. Very convenient location to Disney. We did spend a day at the pool and it was fantastic - kids had a great time. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MLN221

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just completed a week at Parc Soleil to go to the Disney parks. Requested a penthouse room overlooking the parks. Yes, you do see a lot of vacant lots, but you also see the Swan/Dolphin resorts, the castle and Space Mountain and the Tower of Terror. We actually planned a night just to be back and watch the fireworks from our balcony. We were able to watch Magic Kingdom and Epcot fireworks at the same time! The kids listed our balcony nights as one of the highlights of the trip, and it was so wonderfully quiet. The pool was wonderful and they loved the bathtub filling from the ceiling. On the downside, our room wasn't ready for over 1 1/2 hours after check-in, which was frustrating after such a long drive, but we received 50.00 vouchers for the on-site restaurant, which was very good. Service at the restaurant and front desk was slow. We received only 1 room refresh all week, so it was tough to keep clean towels. But housekeeping delivered new towels and anything else we needed right away when we called-but who wants to wait around for towels. We were a bit surprised that as HGVC members on the penthouse level, daily room service and complimentary breakfast were not included. But the room was very lovely. Just need towel holders to accommodate 4 people. There's plenty of wall space to add them. Then room service wouldn't be a big deal. The drive to the parks was not nearly as bad as I thought from reading other reviews. The entrance to Disney is no more than 5 minutes and there's tons of restaurants within 5 minutes as well. Very convenient location.

Room Tip: Request tower 2-where the market and restaurant is. We prefer the park view over the pool view. Qu...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Carol C
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed for a weekend in July. This resort would not be my first choice when I return to Orlando and I don't think it would be my second or third either. I really don't care for the location or the area that surrounds the property itself. The resort seems to be placed in the middle of vacant lots. If your are looking for a place to sleep and need the extra space I would say book this hotel. If you are coming for a whole vacation experience I would check into one of the other Hilton vacation clubs in the area.

The rooms are very large and modern,SS appliances, hardwood floors, and a nice soaker tub in the bathroom. We did get a great nights sleep after 11:00 p.m. Our room was located directly below the car park. When guest arrived back at the resort we had to listen to car horns and alarms beeping. The location of our room made the balcony area useless. We had the cars below us and massive a/c units on the side of us.

The day of our arrival we ate downstairs by the pool. The sandwiches we ordered were good and fresh. Service was standard nothing spectacular or horrible.

Room Tip: Request a very high floor or you risk having the parking garage right below you.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank miamitogeorgia
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

My daughter and I are traveling all over the state of FL looking at colleges for 7 days. It's been grueling. Since we are new Hilton Grand Vacation Club members, I thought we could spend 2 days and 3 nights at the very nice Parc Soleil property and just relax.

The first day we were here (we're actually here right now) we got no maid service. I called the front desk to let them know and the young lady was very apologetic and sent a cleaning crew right up. They did a fantastic job.

Today is day two of our stay and for the second time we got no maid service. Again I called the front desk to ask them why we didn't receive maid service and we needed to get ready to go out and meet up with family. I told Andrew that as a Club Member on my first visit as a member, I feel that this not how we should be treated. Andrew informed me that Club Members don't get regular maid service, only clean linens and towels if we request them!

We spend thousands of dollars to be Members PLUS maintenance fees. I feel that we SHOULD get maid service! Why would you go on vacation if you have to clean your own room(s) and change your own beds AND wash your own dishes???

Let this serve as a warning to those who are invited for a discounted vacation stay: If you buy into the Club, your family vacations will be just like staying at home!

• Stayed: October 2012
7  Thank kpavlik
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the housekeeping services we provide our Members, however, as you correctly point out, daily housekeeping service is not built into your annual maintenance fee. At the same time though, realizing that some of our Members do prefer having their unit clean more frequently than the mid-week clean, which is part of your maintenance fee, we do offer a variety of supplemental housekeeping services on an ale carte basis, including the daily tidy service which is built into our nightly rate for our transient rental guests. Again, we apologize for any confusion and look forward to providing you and your family a lifetime of exceptional vacation experiences within our Hilton Grand Vacations Club Family of Affiliated Resorts, as well the ever growing collection of properties in the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and through our ClubPartner Perks program.

Peter M. Merrill

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed here late September in the 15th floor Penthouse overlooking the pool in Tower 2. The family was ecstatic when they saw the room and the view over the pool. Couldn’t complain about anything during our week long stay, just wished it could have been longer. Very spacious, well equipped kitchen, washer & dryer, luxury fittings throughout. King bed was extremely comfortable, however the sofa bed was a little on the hard side, but worth the sacrifice. The pool was awesome and had a water slide. There was a restaurant/eatery and the food was good quality and price. There is also a small marketplace where you can but the essentials at a reasonable price. You definitely need a car to stay here, 10 minutes to all theme parks. Gives you freedom to leave the parks when you are ready and go on to do other things like visit the factory outlets or dine at a restaurant. Would definitely recommend this stay.

Room Tip: Spoil yourself with the Penthouse Suite
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GlenAlison
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I chose to stay here instead of the Gaylord hotel. The property is isolated. Away from everything. The rooms are huge. Condo, fully equipped and nicely decorated. Nice big balcony. Large shower and tub. New. Easy in and out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank abst14
Reviewed October 6, 2012

From check-in to departure here I found the staff some of the most unhelpful I ever come across.We had to check -in twice as our room was not ready & when I returned to get the keys I had to go away again & repeat photo id.credit card swipe address etc as though everything was wiped.My husband had to return from our vehicle & do all again-deja-vu.On a 3 day trip every minute counts.I asked for help resolving a minor issue & was told come back to-morrow,ring HGVC head office or go to another dept which was closed for the day.Same treatment at Gifting dept -Not good enough & won't be returning.Resort lacks amenities such as golf,water soprts etc but good for families,Charge for cabanas at aresort-unthinkable .There are so many great hotels nearby this property will need to do some basic staff training.This is a shame as csuites themselves are well-appointed,clean,modern & spacious.Under different circumstances we would have returned but staff totally let the complex down.I received a customer satisfaction on-line questionaire & it will be interesting to see if they respond to my comments.i think not somehow.

Room Tip: Pool or lake room & I would have liked a lower floor but its not the sort of place that responds...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gilliandash

We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize that you found our staff, who is typically recognized for their friendly outgoing service, to be less than helpful during your brief stay with us. None the less, every situation is unique and we apologize for letting you down and hope you will give us another chance when your travels bring you back to the Orlando area.

Peter M. Merrill