“Beautiful condo, spacious, quality but isolated”

Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #37 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I chose to stay here instead of the Gaylord hotel. The property is isolated. Away from everything. The rooms are huge. Condo, fully equipped and nicely decorated. Nice big balcony. Large shower and tub. New. Easy in and out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank abst14

Reviewed October 6, 2012

From check-in to departure here I found the staff some of the most unhelpful I ever come across.We had to check -in twice as our room was not ready & when I returned to get the keys I had to go away again & repeat photo id.credit card swipe address etc as though everything was wiped.My husband had to return from our vehicle & do all again-deja-vu.On a 3 day trip every minute counts.I asked for help resolving a minor issue & was told come back to-morrow,ring HGVC head office or go to another dept which was closed for the day.Same treatment at Gifting dept -Not good enough & won't be returning.Resort lacks amenities such as golf,water soprts etc but good for families,Charge for cabanas at aresort-unthinkable .There are so many great hotels nearby this property will need to do some basic staff training.This is a shame as csuites themselves are well-appointed,clean,modern & spacious.Under different circumstances we would have returned but staff totally let the complex down.I received a customer satisfaction on-line questionaire & it will be interesting to see if they respond to my comments.i think not somehow.

Room Tip: Pool or lake room & I would have liked a lower floor but its not the sort of place that responds...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gilliandash
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize that you found our staff, who is typically recognized for their friendly outgoing service, to be less than helpful during your brief stay with us. None the less, every situation is unique and we apologize for letting you down and hope you will give us another chance when your travels bring you back to the Orlando area.

Peter M. Merrill

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband, I and our 5 year-old daughter stayed from 9/15/12-9/18/12 and were sad to have to return home. Because it was a very short stay, we didn't really get to know the property that well. But, based on what we did see, it was great.

As we pulled into the property we were greeted by a young man asking for our name. As soon as we were confirmed, he handed us our parking pass and directed us to check in. As we pulled up to the main building, we were greeted by name and directed to the check-in desk.

We were in tower two in room 5011, a 1-bedroom suite that faced part of the indoor parking and the pool slide. The room was spotless, with all the amenities a family could need. From a microwave to a washing machine/dryer duo. It did not disappoint. I enjoyed being able to make use of some high-end toiletries. I've stayed at the Hilton Homewood Suites where they provide the Neutrogena line of products. But, here at the Parc Soleil, they've gone a step up and made the Peter Thomas Roth line available...nice touch. I'm sure the ladies would appreciate it. Just thought I'd mention it.

The pool was sizable and very accessible for small kids. We spent nine hours on our last full day and have to say that it was truly relaxing. My daughter really enjoyed being able to walk in and out of the pool without fear of it being too deep. After 1:00 pm two female hosts came out to introduce games such as, 'Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader' and Bingo. They also had soft rock music in the background.I realize it was mid-September, not generally an overly busy time, so it was pleasant with lot of room to breathe. We really enjoyed a relaxing day.

We ate at the outdoor grill and the food was good, although a bit pricey. Our lunch was approx. $52.00 for a burger/fries, chicken finger/fries, two pina coladas, and one soda. I'd say the chicken fingers meal was large enough for my daughter and myself. So portion-wise, you got what you paid for. When you eat at the grill whether indoor or out, the bill is charged to whatever card you submit upon check-in for incidentals. They also serve Starbucks coffee, if that's your brand. Service was a little slow. But, we weren't in a rush.

We spent one day at Magic Kingdom and one day at the pool, so aside from my daughter not being able to go to the playground and use the slides, I don't know what else we might have missed.

All I can say that I looked forward to going back to the hotel at night. The king bed was comfortable, as well as the sofa bed. I will definitely be staying here, again. I've already recommended it to several people. By the way, I wasn't aware that this was a timeshare until we got a call from a rep. asking us if we'd like to sit in on a demonstration. Although we agreed to and set up a time. We decided against it, because we wanted to head to the park early. Perhaps, next time, we will and take advantage of the park savings.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Melisa V
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is one of the newest Hiltons in Orlando. An ongoing project which makes the entire place kinda lacking in charm.
On the bright side, the rooms, if you select the one bedroom appartment, are huge and very comfortable. With a full size kitchen, living room and a very nice bedroom & bathroom.
The studio in which we first booked are to be avoided , they are small , and the airconditioning hidden in the closet makes a huge amount of noise.

Staff was very friendly. Shuttle is not included which is quite a chame in a place like this ( it's available , but you need to pay for every ride)

Light sleepers be aware , Walls are very thin ...

Overall to be recommended ...

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank _V_Belgium
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Jenny at Check in was so sweet and helpful. As soon as I checked into my room, I had a call from customer service checking to see if everything was ok in the room. The King Suite was beautiful - hard wood floors, great bed, tv and dvd player, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, coffee maker....Peter Thomas Roth toiletries...very nice and comfortable.

Parking is free and right under the room towers. Wish I had had more time to make use of the pool and other amenities. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This place was great. Went with my wife and two daughters for three days. We had one of the one bedroom suites which had everything you would need. The bed was very good, I actually think that the pullout mattress (memory foam) in the living room was more comfortable Kitchen had all the pots and pans as well as silverware, glasses coffeemaker, toaster even knife block and cutting board. The room also had a dishwasher and washer/dryer with detergent. The bathtub that filled from the ceiling was a cool touch. We had a room that faced the Disney fireworks, but I think we would have preferred a Pool view since we were only in the room once for the fireworks and the pool is really beautiful. Our kids loved the pool. We even got to watch a movie on the big screen at the pool one night. Staff was very friendly and housekeeping did a great job cleaning up. We will absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room on fireworks side were quiet, but not much to look at during the day. I think the pool view wo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We spent a week at Parc Soleil in late September 2012, in a 1 bedroom suite. Upon arrival, we found the unit to be spic and span clean and very spacious. Our unit was in tower 2 on the 10th floor overlooking the pool. Included was a fully equipped kitchen, washer and dryer, iron/ironing board - everything you need for a week. Scattered around the grounds are several barbecue areas – you just need to supply the steaks and charcoal. The balcony was good sized, with a lounger and table with four chairs. The free wifi had excellent signal strength, though it did slow down noticeably in the evening.

Oddly, the bedroom storage was somewhat limited. Two drawers in each of the two large nightstands and a moderately sized closet was it. No dresser at all. There was some shelf space covered with sliding doors under the TV that could be utilized in a pinch, but all in all a somewhat odd and limiting arrangement. Likewise, in the bathroom there are no cabinets or shelves at all. You just have to leave toiletries spread out on the counter top, which might be a problem if you have a lot of stuff since the counter wasn’t overly big.

The pool area is quite nice with a water slide and four hot tubs. They show movies at the pool a couple nights a week. We could have easily listened and watched from our balcony had we wanted to. There’s also a small lake with a jogging track encircling it, as well as a fitness center. And there’s a restaurant by the pool, though we didn’t try it so I can’t say how it was.

The staff was very friendly, and the facility is extremely well maintained. All in all a great place. I’d happily visit Parc Soleil again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple