“Beware of the "Stay A Night On Us" voucher policy.”

Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #38 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Hillsborough, FL
“Beware of the "Stay A Night On Us" voucher policy.”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is a nice property, but....We agreed to attend a sales presentation at the Parc Soleil and sat through the 2 hour pitch.
Overall, the pitch was handled professionally but the cost is pricey and there are add on fees each time you book. Also, the monthly maintenance is high. But what really turned us off to doing business with Hilton is the policy about the voucher (worth $200 supposedly) that you are promised in exchange for sitting through the sales pitch. We left ours in a room we had checked out of and realized it about two hours later. The housekeeper and the security staff told us that this happens regularly and the policy is to discard the voucher. HILTON WILL NOT REPLACE THE VOUCHER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! Any reputable company would just void the original and replace it since there is an electronic and paper trail. But why they have the staff discard these vouchers is quite suspect. I'm sure they wouldn't discard my wedding ring if I left it in the room. That is what lost and found is for. So rather than turn the vouchers over to lost and found they destroy them in an effort to keep the $200 in their pocket. Very sleezy. Borderline dishonest. I've also found it very difficult to redeem Honors points and to even get credited for them in the first place. Not a company you want to reward with loyalty! There is no upside for giving them your repeat business.

5 Thank Mr S
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly 407-465-4070.

Alexandra Daley-DiLibero
Resort Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
  • Arabic first
Oxford, New Jersey
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed back in August 2010, had a 2 bedroom penthouse, views are amazing we could watch the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom every night!! We could also see Space Mountain, Cinderella castle!! It was awesome. Can't wait to go back in November with my daughter (who has no idea we are going). Cannot wait this place is great!!!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Linda K
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This property is so nice that we keep coming back. Our first stays were during March spring break where we stayed here for 1 night before our cruise and 7 nights after the cruise for the theme park portion of the trip.
We now just got back - we stayed at PS for 2 nights, then 6 nights at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, and then the last 2 nights at Hilton Orlando. PS wins hands down for being the most relaxing, pleasant place to stay.
Check-in was a breeze. We got a really nice room on a high floor with a view of the fireworks. It was a faraway view, but nice to look out to nevertheless. Nice that there were no other towers around to block our view. Yes, it's in the middle of nowhere. But it's far from the crowds and noise. Also, a short drive will get you everywhere. We had no problems getting to the premium outlet malls, the Florida Mall, Disney parks, Universal, Publix market, etc. Also, Whole Foods is less than 5 min away, which is a great place to get a nutritious meal. Super Wal-Mart is also minutes away if you forget any items. However, if we didn't rent a car, it'd be hard to stay here.
The room was clean and in great condition. We were so happy to have covered parking for our car, and there were no problems finding a spot. The pool was nice and not overrun with more crowds. It's also so nice to have a washer/dryer in our 1-bedroom unit too.
I only have a few minor complaints that I wish this property would make some adjustments on:
1. Have some 1-bedroom units where you have 2 queen beds. Having 1 king bed and a sofa bed is not really a great configuration for a family of 4.
2. Please don't call guests at 8am to get them to go to your timeshare presentations. Some of us are jet lagged from the west coast and came to the resort to rest from our stressful, sleep-deprived lives - remember, your 8am is 5am to us.
Other than that, well done, Hilton! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Being Hilton members we coincidentally got a call to tour their grand vacations properties in Orlando the same time we had planned our Disney trip...we stayed up the road at the embassy suites (which is no where near as nice as the parc soleil) and rode over to see the property one afternoon and we found it to be so new and gorgeous that we purchased membership. Once owners we even left the embassy suites to hang out at the pool at the parc soleil the rest of our time in Orlando...
Fast forward 6 months, we booked a 2 bedroom suite at the parc soleil for a 5 day getaway and we had such a nice stay, I can see myself going back every year with our small boys just to get away even if we don't go to Disney. The staff is as friendly as can be from the concierge to the security guard at the gate. the main pool, which is the highlight of the property in my opinion, has a 0 entry, perfect for little ones and a slide for the bigger ones...if that's not your thing, there is also a large adults only pool and various hot tubs in the area. My 3 year old loves the little playground complete with jungle gym and slides as well. They have activities by the pool and a nice rec room with board and video games...thought i even saw a pool and ping pong tables...The property is immaculate and the room was large (full kitchen, living/dining, washer and dryer en suite, 5 piece bathroom etc.). To round out the property there is also a reasonably priced restaurants located off the main pool and a coffee bar/gift shop attached. We are looking forward to seeing the property and amenities expand and can't wait for our next stay.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank PShui1378
California
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed for a week (July 22-30) and have virtually nothing bad to say. The property is very well kept. The pool area is large and was not crowded at all. The hotel was easy driving distance (15 minutes max) to Universal, Disney World and Sea World. They had daily activities for kids as well as adults (wine/beer tasting, trivia, kareoke, Wii, blackjack, etc.).

The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were a little soft for my taste, but the family slept comfortably. The free wi-fi worked just fine. The kitchen was well-equiped (I would recommend buying groceries and making as many meals as possible at the hotel).

The staff was very accomodating and quick to respond. Towels and shampoo were delivered less than 15 minutes after they were requested. Everyone from the desk clerk to the maintenence workers were friendly with a wave and a smile.

My only complaint is the parking. There aren't enough stalls to accomodate the number of cars. If I wasn't back to my room by 8:00 I had to park on the opposite side of the complex. One night I timed it and it was a five minute walk back to my room.

1 Thank CorkyBBagilbert
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Let me temper by saying we have stayed on Disney properties over 30 times.
This was the first time not in a park resort, so we wound up eating breakfast at Chef Mickeys & 1900 Park Faire to use the monorail.
3 night stay.
Beautiful 1 Bedroom Suite, huge bathroom kitchen, dining area & living room. Laundry in room.
Very luxurious, restaurant food was excellent, little coffee shop/store was huge ripoff.
2 Pools, one for kids with slide, 1 a little quieter.
So, if you need more room and like to have meals in, this is the place.
With the amount of time my family spends in a room, I don't know if is for us.

Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

This is our second time in Parc Soleil, we decided to stay for 7 days. If you have a family, this hotel is my number one pick for Orlando!

We stayed in a 1 be suite in tower 100 overlooking the pool. Our room was very modern, spacious and fully appointed for a family of 4.

My kids get sick if they eat out too much, so I packed a cooler with the basics we like to eat. Just bought food that was already in our house like pancake mix, syrup, steaks, chicken breasts, my favorite seasonings, etc. When we got here there is a Walmart and whole foods 2 miles down the road so I spent $60 on bread, milk, wine, water, fresh salad greens etc. We ate out a few times and had breakfast in our rooms and dinner to save some $$$. I bought my calphalon grill pan to make the meat in, great idea from my hubby!

Facility
The hotel is top notch! The pool area is fantastic for kids and adults. It's not too deep so if your kids can swim you can feel more comfortable with them going down the slide. There is an activity center for the kids with wii, playstation, board games, computers, etc. My 6 and 8 year olds loved it! They went from the pool to the center all day every day. For the 4th of July, the activity folks did a party for the guests that was awesome and played Grease by the pool.

Next year, we'll by a 3 day park hopper pass for $99 early in the year so we don't have to pay the Disney prices.

We are owners and our room cost $49 for all 7 days. We will definitely be back next year for July 4th.

• Stayed July 2012