“Out over 100 escape rooms, top 10!!”
Review of The Escape Effect

The Escape Effect
Ranked #6 of 247 Fun & Games in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We deliver an interactive entertainment experience that captivates the imagination and challenges the intellect for diverse groups of players.
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have done easily over 100 escape rooms and this definitely lands in our top 10! Sophisticated puzzles, great scenery design, great Game hosts. Jamie and Dan definitely have a great business going and we look forward to doing more of their rooms! Sherlock was definitely a great room to use your mind in every facet :)

1  Thank P7879UBnicoles
"on i drive"
"these guys"
"an amazing experience"

Reviewed January 14, 2018

My friend is visiting from Massachusetts and since i work for the theme parks i was looking for something different to do. Through our company portal, this escape room gives a slight discount so I opted to try it as the first escape room I've ever experienced. There are several escape rooms in Orlando and even another on International Drive, so it is important to know that this escape room is about a 20 min journey from the Universal area and is NOT the one near Shake Shack on I drive.

When we arrived, i was surprised that it was brand new as they just opened about three months ago. Everything was pristine and inviting. I got into a conversation with both a game programmer at the location and the owner himself and I could sense the passion for gaming exuding from both of them.They absolutely love what they do and it shows in the product that they present. I was with a group of three total and he was incredibly flexible with us as to what game we wanted to play since there is a 75 minute sherlock holmes game and a 90 minute greek mythology based game. When we arrive, we had been scheduled to go with another group of four in the sherlock holmes game however since it was our first time doing this, we opted to do the 90 minute game alone to get the hang of it. One of the people in our group was quite skeptical as to whether the experience was worth the money since he too had not done an escape room before. Without going into detail by the time we were done, we were absolutely thrilled and over the moon at what they had put together. As a matter of fact, we liked this so much, my friend and I opted to schedule the other room while he was still here so we could experience that too. In all fairness though, we did not end up finishing the 90 minute game and he was nice enough to keep giving us more time to try and complete it. However, there was another party that came in and we had to leave or he would have been kind enough to try and allow us to finish the game.

If i were to offer one point of constructive criticism, the 90 min game is set-up for a group of 8 - 10 people. So they suggest you to split up to complete the tasks. We were doing it as a group of three so it took a lot longer. I would suggest if a group of four or less playing the 90 min game, you should give them more time in general, possibly suggest upfront they split up and have a minimum number to play the game or shorten the amount of steps for smaller groups.

After the game was over, the owner, Dan, came in and explained the remaining steps of the game we missed and their solutions. In addition, he gave us some insight as to which puzzles we took too long in completing.

I thoroughly enjoyed this experience and can't wait to return tomorrow for the 2nd game. Also, my friend that was skeptical of the whether the experience was worth the money ate his words and can't wait to come back here to play again.

1  Thank GeorgeB2054
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

The Escape Effect is one of our top escape room companies in the area! Their rooms are unique and wonderfully decorated and themed. Even our 6 and 9 year old daughters enjoy them. Their Sherlock Studies room is awesome and At Odds With The Gods is challenging but a lot of fun! Would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a fun and unique escape room experience. Owners Dan and Jamie and great and very personable!

2  Thank EmmaKayKay
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

I like this place and how you feel in side room, I advise everyone to try this game - for first few minutes you will find you self lost but after you understand game -- good luck --

1  Thank Mohammad T
See more reviews
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

I came here with some of my friends the other night and we had a blast!! This spot is extra unique because the time in the room is longer than the usual 60 minutes. We were in the Sherlock Study room and boy are those props so cool!!! The clues made sense, the atmosphere was great, so many fun puzzles! We worked together and separately to piece everything together.

Everyone we met was super nice and enjoyed being there! Especially Dan and Jamie! They made us feel welcome as soon as we got there (and we were even running a bit late!!)

If you're in Orlando, give this escape room a try! Plus after the game you can stop by The World of Chocolate to celebrate your victory!!

1  Thank cordellkate