“Epcot...not worth the money!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Epcot

and up
Orlando Helicopter Tour from International Drive Area
Ranked #11 of 421 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: One of 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot theme park sprawls across 300 acres—twice the size of Magic Kingdom park—and is divided into Future World and World Showcase. Here, creativity is encouraged, imagination is celebrated and countries are united. Be amazed, inspired, enlightened and entertained!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Epcot...not worth the money!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2010

We just got back from visiting Florida with Epcot being one of the places we visited. After reading the reviews (good and bad) we had to see for ourselves what it was all about. Well, we certainly weren't "wowed" by anything to say the least and sorry that we paid the $80/person and the $15 parking fee. The only reason I can see why people pay that price is because they are curioius (like us). Go again? Never. There's far too much "hype" for the park and once there, it's a huge disappointment. The only plus (the day we were there) was the fact that the weather was very cool and not a lot of people in the park that day so we didn't have to wait in line for any of the rides (and, didn't even consider looking into the FastPass). Didn't need them. If we had to wait longer than an hour for any of those rides, we would have been even more disappointed.

4 Thank PrinceMichigan

• Turkish first
Prince Edward island
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Nice park, though perhaps not the best choice for small kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2010

As with all the Disney Parks, Epcot is worth a visit. My favorite experiences: Test Track; Illuminations; and Spaceship Earth.

Take some time to properly visit each country's pavilions in World Showcase. Each one is staffed by people native to that country, and the entertainment is also from that land. If experiencing such stuff (food, music) from other nations is not your thing, perhaps Epcot is not for you. Depending on the lineups, you can finish off the attractions/rides of "Future World" in a few hours. You cannot spend your entire day at Future World.

Some nitpicking: Ellen's Energy Adventure is fun, but looking a little dated. There are several imperfections (marks, scratches etc) in the footage at "Soarin'". It might be time for some refurbishing.

2 Thank CanadianTraveller002
Gainesville, Florida
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Epcot does needs serious updating!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

We had not been to Epoct in like 10 years but obviously it needs serious updating. I enjoyed the Soaring Ride - that's a good updated one - but the rest needs major work. Def. not worth the $80 per day rate - it's not compariable anymore. I'd rather be at Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom or Universal Islands of Adventure! Very disapointed!!!

1 Thank ProfessorCorrie
va
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Out of touch, needs serious updating - was good 10 years ago”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2010

I visited Epcot for the third time in last 10 years and will probably be my last trip. $80 per day does not cut for this park any more. World has become very small and place does not provide charm any more. Its really out of touch with today time!

Even my 6 year old who has done some travelling, felt that way! Very Dissapointing and not worth the money!!

3 Thank seeyourworld
Bourbonnais, IL
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Where's the Magic?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

Went to epcot with 3 other adults. I might have a different perspective had I gone with kids, but it seems to me that Disney (epcot at least) has lost its magic. We did have only short waits for the rides for the most part, thank goodness, because most weren't worth waiting for. I dont think this is a great park for adults, and I cant imagine little ones would care for it either. Perhaps better for the 8-12 year old age. For the price of a ticket, I could have skipped the whole experience.

2 Thank Kristy D