“5 hour wait in line disappoints ”
Review of Epcot

Epcot
Ranked #10 of 442 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: One of 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot theme park sprawls across 300 acres—twice the size of Magic Kingdom park—and is divided into Future World and World Showcase. Here, creativity is encouraged, imagination is celebrated and countries are united. Be amazed, inspired, enlightened and entertained!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Epcot has not moved on with the times sadly with a light show that is the same as it was in our last visit ten years ago with the same old floating metal globe. The Nemo ride is well worth a visit but the world showcase looks tired compared to parks where there is an investment to keep audiences captivated like Universal Studios islands of adventure. Most disappointing was a 5 hour queue at 10:30 am to meet the characters from Frozen. I was so shocked that Disney would expect children to wait for this period of time that I went to talk with guest services who kindly reminded me that if people choose to qeue they choose to qeue! Hardly making magical memories. I was also told that the frozen characters would be moving to magical kingdom but of course fast track was all taken up well before their move. I would recommend visiting if you have a 14 day pass but do not expect anything new and certainly not visionary or futuristic. Good for a retro flashback but not at all on par to what Disney could/should be offering.

1  Thank Arewethereyetornot
Write a ReviewReviews (24,637)
All reviews
"nemo ride"
in 224 reviews
"captain eo"
in 227 reviews
"flower and garden festival"
in 238 reviews
in 576 reviews
"theme park"
in 482 reviews

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Out of all the disney parks this one is properly my least favourite. I mean don't get me wrong I don't hate it but it could be a lot better. This was Walts most loved project he was working on when he died and he drew it as being a experimental prototype community of tommorow but that isn't really what it turned out to be. They really should redesign it a little. Do up the restraunts ( to look like they are very futuristic and add a ride or two. There isn't much to do there I mean I like space ship earth but once you have done it you have done it. Soarin is fun but not very thrilling and test track is good but very bussy. They need to add a roller coaster and a ride for kids. Then maybe make it look more futuristic like tommorow land in magic kingdom. Then it will get a 4 star raiting.

As for the world showcase it is great, very realistic and detailed and I love the fireworks at the end of the night. I also wish that there were more chracters to greet.

But epcot is still fun and a good park with lots to see and some to do.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I know it's Disney and everything's expensive, but 17.00 to park and another 100.00 for a ticket is a little much. Not too many rides for kids and teens at Epcot. I'd say it's more for adults. But there are several boats rides that I enjoy, and I always like the ride inside the big Epcot ball. The flower display during this time is pretty impressive. They had a display of Bonsai trees that was just amazing.I wouldn't say it's a great value for the money. But you've got to do it once.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

There is a lot to love about Epcot.

Show up at park opening or get a fast pass to ride Soarin'. Do not miss this ride. Seriously. Everybody from age six to 64 in our group loved it. If you don't arrive early or get a fast pass you could wait a couple of hours to get on.

Mission Space is a good time and not for those with a weak constitution. I like roller coasters like The Hulk and Aerosmith's Rockin' Rollercoaster and still got queasy on this one. There are two levels of intensity available. Choose wisely.

I thought Spaceship Earth was a waste of time and quite dated. Probably one of the cheesiest and most boring rides at any of the parks right alongside of Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress at Magic Kingdom.

One of the best things about Epcot is the Starbuck's coffee shop.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Epcot is the only disney park we haven't visited so we decided to go during our most recent trip to orlando. We wanted to wait till our kids were older to enjoy it - our youngest is 7 now. There are really only 3 headliner rides - soarin, test track and mission space. All 3 of these rides look dated - my kids were looking for something with more excitement. I thought the mission space ride was really well done but it would be so much better if the video screen was in high def. Same for Soarin - if the images were high def the it would be more appealing visually. The screen images looked grainy and old. We are not people that would buy a 7 day ticket and go everyday to a disney park - we like to take it easy and enjoy the hotel and some downtime. The problem with this is that it can get really expensive to go to the parks because it gets much cheaper if you buy a ticket for more days. We bought 2 day passes to disney and for a family of 5 it cost almost $1000 dollars(this is just 1 park per day and doesn't include park hopper) For a park like Epcot it definitely is not worth it but it is what it is. I did want to mention the new fastpass which was really convenient but really not useful to us at epcot because we purchased our ticket the day before we went. You can make your fastpass reservations up to 30 days before you get to the park so there is incentive to purchase your tickets in advance. We were unable to get fastpass to soarin or test track so we had to wait and go standby. The fastpasses we did get were not really necessary. But you are able to change your fastpass selections using an app that you can load on your smartphone. This came in handy when were were by maelstorm and there was a long line - we were able to change our fastpass selections on the fly and get on the ride without a wait. We went around the different countries and they had the flower show going on while we were there and there were some really cute flower displays as well as food. My husband and I were looking forward to trying some good food but didn't have anything exciting. The most crowded area was norway with the characters from frozen - too long of a wait to meet the characters so passed. It can take a while to get around the lake but it was nice to see the buildings from each country - didn't really get the theme in the canada area. The park was well maintained but like I said needs to be updated with the times and probably best if you have a park hopper and stay for just a 1/2 day to cover future world and come back during the evening to eat food around the world showcase and see the fireworks.

1  Thank averagemommy