“Not What It Appears To Be”
Review of Epcot

$48.29*
Orlando Helicopter Tour from Walt Disney World Resort Area
Ranked #12 of 439 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: One of 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot theme park sprawls across 300 acres—twice the size of Magic Kingdom park—and is divided into Future World and World Showcase. Here, creativity is encouraged, imagination is celebrated and countries are united. Be amazed, inspired, enlightened and entertained!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Visited Epcot with my wife while on vacation in Florida. This place not only cost $92 per person to get in but we visited during the food and wine festival and you will spend more than your admission cost on food. The festival is interesting offering cuisine from various different countries but be prepared to spend anywhere from 6-9 dollars on food that couldn't fill a young child. The drinks are also very expensive considering a bottle of water cost us $3.50. Prepare to spend an easy $500 between two people when going here. The attractions also leave much to be desired and an upgrade to them would bring in a better crowd.

1  Thank Richard G
Write a ReviewReviews (23,058)

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was the first park we visit on this trip and we heard it was one of the best parks for adults. It was nice, but we were expecting so much more! The rides seemed old....

2  Thank Bruna G
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was expecting a park that was futuristic and educational but I was simply bored. On arrival at 10am the park was packed. We went straight to soaring and got a fast pass to return at 8.00pm (the alternative was to queue for 95 minutes). Then we headed for tes track and waited for 70 minutes. When we thought we'd got to the front of the queue, we designed our race car and then there was a disorganised push through some doors into another queue whereby people from the two separate design workshops were pushing through- very frustrating. Then the ride was lack lustre - I couldn't believe it was one of their top three! So after that there were no more fast passes and mission space had a 90 minute queue so we went into a discovery centre. this was boring and dated- everything just felt a bit grubby. We watched the hurricane video for something to do - it was okay but clearly and advertising ploy by the sponsoring company. We noticed the queue for space mountain was only 15 minutes so we did that and found it pleasant enough.

Then on to world showcase, it was heaving with it being the food and wine festival. I tried a couple of dishes but they were so expensive. It was very hot too and a bottle of water was £2.50.No free water here like at universal! The world showcase buildings were nice and well done but I was just underwhelmed by the entertainment on offer. Saw a video about china but can't remember it now really. Did the boat ride in Mexico but it was just full of cartoon characters. Sat around for 40 minutes to wait for the film on American history - I found it quite interesting at first but by the end it was so cheesy I started giggling at it. After this we sat around for another 40 minutes to see a Smash Mouth concert which lasted 30 minutes but was good. For the rest of the day we just wandered around spending money on food and drink, passing time until our 8.00 call back to soarin. Even when we went back at 8.00 we still had a 20 minute wait. The ride was really good but ruined slightly by people's feet dangling in front of you - universal had far better simulator rides with Despicable Me, Transformers, Spider-Man and Simpsons. Before the fireworks we went on mission space which was a bit of a let down considering it was supposed to be one of their best rides. There was a lot of hype about potential nausea and motion sickness so I thought it would be intense - like the rest of future world it was just dated and yes there were a few g forces but nothing to get my heart pumping.

All in all we found ourselves wandering around the park to pass time until the fireworks. Yes we did a few attractions but none were particularly memorable.We spend a lot of money on food and drink (no alcohol because we were driving) as there seemed to be little else to do other than waste more money in souvenir shops. The fireworks were great but having to linger around in the park until 9pm is a pain and only forces people to spend more particularly as you can't take food in. For $90 plus the small fortune that we spent in the park ( we didn't buy any souvenirs only snacks) it just was not worth it. Our perception of the place was probably tainted by the fact that we'd spent two days at universal which was modern, exciting and such good value in comparison! Universal also had no queues at this time of years so we could ride our favourites several times.

2  Thank Leanne J
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We spent a day and a half here and had a wonderful time at Epcot. This was one of the best parts of our Disney trip. We loved the updated Test Track ride Future World, and the World Showcase. I saw the best firework show I have ever seen there and we were right up front for all the action. The full day I was there the weather was perfect. There was never too long of a wait for anything, and Disney has done a great job of making any remaining time interesting. The rocket ride, Mission Space is amazing. Very intense, but really awesome. We enjoyed the shops and the restaurants in various "countries" around the park. I was here some years ago a couple of times and Disney has done a great job of making technology updates so that the park is still relevant. The kids loved the various characters around the park. We made some great memories. It was fun, relaxing and not as stressful as Magic Kingdom. I definitely want to go back soon!

1  Thank Amber K
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I try to visit this event every year. It is a great way to experience dishes from different countries. This year I noticed it was very crowded as compared to last year. I recommend visiting towards the end and later in the day when is not as hot. One of the benefits of being an annual pass holder is that you don't have to rush to see and try everything in one visit. Tip: if you want to ride Soarin, get a fast pass, go enjoy the food and wine fest, and return.