“2013 food and wine festival”
Review of Epcot

and up
Orlando Helicopter Tour from International Drive Area
Ranked #11 of 424 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: One of 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot theme park sprawls across 300 acres—twice the size of Magic Kingdom park—and is divided into Future World and World Showcase. Here, creativity is encouraged, imagination is celebrated and countries are united. Be amazed, inspired, enlightened and entertained!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“2013 food and wine festival”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Awesome! The food offerings in almost every country were great. Germany and poland were very popular.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Test Track - Test Track Yeah”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

There are only a few things I like about Epcot - Sorry Peeps. I don't like walking around the Countries. I would rather go to that Country (but that is my opinion)
What I do love is Test Track. I am not good on rides with heights, but this one is so different.
My 13yr old Son and Husband loved designing the 'virtual' vehicle you are tasked to do before you enter your 6 seater 'car'. You are very secure and feel safe. The ride takes you outside and you circle the whole ride complex on a track going at 65mph. No dips, twists, jerking, just speed. with the heat of the day (even in the evening) and the speed you are going it's an awesome experience indeed.
Imagination.
We love going on this slow but fun ride(if you can call it that). With Figment showing you what you can do with your 5 Senses, especially, Sight, Sound and Smell.
I love the song that is sung as you go around 'IMAGINATION' Thats all it takes.
Soarin
I can't go on this as my motion sickness kicks in big time. But my Son just loves it. You are strapped into seats that virtually swing gently and your feet dangle. (no loose shoes - you have to take them off) You soar through California, the fields, hills, the Grand Canyon. It is quite life like.
Mission Space. Now there is a lot said about this. well it's two separate ride now. one for the fit able bodied and the other for over 55's who suffer from any of a load of problems. There are 13 very serious warning signs for this ride and even sick bags. You can feel quite claustrophobic too, but if you do survive it, its a good ride.
The Coke Zone.
You can buy quite a few neat Coca Cola items and you can also taste a variety of drinks that Coca Cola sells around the world.
Spaceship earth or should I say the 'Golf Ball' We have always loved this ride into the ball and see the progression of the World . This ride has been completely revamped and you now have the opportunity to design a post crd on you way down. There is a queue for this ride now so it shows how good it is.
This is all we did in Epcot this year. We forgot to watch 'Honey I Shrunk The Audience' Now this is a 4D film show.
Maybe next year we will do more.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank CrazyCaz49
Orlando
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“They know you are coming - be aware.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

The magic is gone. Everything is made in china and the worst is the service has gone to arrogance and uncaring.

Its no longer good service by caring "cast members". They just milk you for tons of money and deliver mediocare food and poor service.

Being in the industry, I have a ticket called a hospitality pass. Allows me in to epcot so I spent over $150 in just lunch time for small portions and over cooked and salty food at the food & wine festival.

Being there just three hours, I had to go out of the park due to an emergency for one hour for my little son, but found I lost me right to return. Supervisor did not care and said, I should be happy for the privledge to have ticket since I sell their tickets.

I know now the truth, they expect you to be blinded by the mouse, spend tons of money and don't expect service, as they don't care, they got plenty of customers, the huge lines are proof. Reality is the princesses are now in charge & lost the original vision of Walt.

Luckily, sea world and universal still care.

1 Thank Kaelan
Plymouth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ignore all bad reviews.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our family visit Florida every few years and nowhere else compares to Epcot for family fun and entertainment. Epcot is educational but for all ages, not just for children. There is a huge range of restaurants to choose from. We reccomend waiting until you get to China for their simple but delicious food. Epcot's rides suit most folk, and providing you don't book your holiday during the height of the summer, the queues aren't too bad. We are sitting in a restaurant in England having read some of the reviews and we are all agreed that the negative comments must have come from folks who simply don't wish to learn anything, have no sense of fun or adventure and find 'foreign food' a bore! Choose Epcot. you will love every minute of it.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank puggy1775
Orlando, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Epcot - Food and wine festival”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was my first year going to the food and wine festival. I am a big foodie and I love to try new things so I thought it was a great event. The food is in small portions, so to be full... expect to purchase 2 or more dishes. Some dishes are larger than others, and some are very small. I would suggest maybe watching what comes out of the line before choosing to purchase. There were a few selections I made quickly before seeing what they looked like and I was disappointed at the size. Overall, all of the food was very delicious.

It is very easy to spend lots of money. Everything does add up. Dishes are anywhere from $3-$8 and drinks are $2-12. If you want to set a budget, preload a gift card. Disney makes it all too easy to just swipe a card over and over so that you loose track of how much you have really spent.

I did bring some guests with me that were less adventurous with food... They were pretty disappointed and ended up choosing quick service instead. I would suggest before you go or bring guests, show them the menu on the internet to make sure they understand the options and/or to make out some sort of plan before you go.

Also understand that this event makes Epcot very busy! There were waits of 20 minutes at some vendors during afternoon hours... I can't imagine what dinner must have looked like!