“Enjoyable day at Epcot”

Book In Advance
More Info
$900.00*
and up
Tour of Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando...
Ranked #10 of 442 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: One of 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot theme park sprawls across 300 acres—twice the size of Magic Kingdom park—and is divided into Future World and World Showcase. Here, creativity is encouraged, imagination is celebrated and countries are united. Be amazed, inspired, enlightened and entertained!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Went to Epcot on a Saturday in mid-July and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was not as overcrowded as a lot of the other parks we visited.

First stop was Test Track. The wait time at 9:40am was 45 minutes so we decided to get fast passes which allowed us to go back at 11:30am. In the meantime we went to Soarin and waited just 20 minutes in the regular queue which was much less than we expected. We were split on how good this ride was. My parents have visited a lot of the areas covered in the ride so really liked it, whilst my husband and I thought it to be just OK. If you can I would try and get on row 1, if you are in row 2 or 3 as we were you are below the people on the row ahead so it can be a bit distracting seeing their feet above you against the screen!

I love Figment and so was pleased to revisit the Imagination ride I had loved as a kid! My husband did not share my enthusiasm but he had the song stuck in his head for the remainder of the day!

We joined the queue for the more intense "orange" Space Mission and it should have taken 40 minutes. They experienced technical difficulties whilst we were in the queue which took it to 1 hour 10 so we then only just made the end of the fast pass time for Test Track which was easily the best ride at the park.

I liked the new ending to Spaceship Earth and it is worth going on for this!

After finishing what we wanted to do in Future World by 1pm we headed off to the World Showcase. We started in Mexico with a Margarita whilst we sat overlooking the lake. This was recommended to us by a friend before our visit so I would pass on their advice - $9.50 each from the first cafe on the right as you enter Mexico!

Feeling a little lightheaded after a dinner time drink in the heat we went on the boat ride in Mexico which broke down halfway round for a short time.

On heading into Norway we went on Maelstrom which I remember being very good as a kid, but where has the backward flume gone? This has taken away all of the fun.

It was really enjoyable to look around the worlds and before we knew it 3 hours had disappeared. We could see a storm heading in so decided to speed up and just about got done in time. I would love for England today to be like Epcot England! Would be a lovely place to live.

All in all we had a great day in Epcot and would certainly return if we are lucky enough to visit Florida again.

Write a ReviewReviews (24,390)
All reviews
"nemo ride"
in 224 reviews
"captain eo"
in 227 reviews
"flower and garden festival"
in 238 reviews
in 576 reviews
"theme park"
in 482 reviews

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We spent the entire day at Epcot, something for everyone! We enjoyed Mission Space, Spaceship Earth, Soarin', and we finally got our fast pass early enough to enjoy Test Track. Everyone had fun on the rides. Then we enjoyed a walk around the World Showcase where we "visited" many countries in only an hour or two!.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I took a 4 day trip to Orlando this past July. I took a red-eye flight to get to Orlando so I got ther by the morning and me and my girlfriend thought that this would be the best park to go since we were a little tired fot the flight and the lack of sleep hours. This parks brings to you many attractions and above all lots of learning about science and wold culture. You can taste many flavors such as Morrocan, Nowegian, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, American, Italian, German and French Restaurants and attractions to get to know about the each culture separately. All the attractions and stands are attended by people originary from the country section. There is an entertaining light show at night by the lake and you must take a ride to the famous sphere. I recommend you to get to the most popular rides by the end of the day to avoid long lines and other shows you or your kids might like to see.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Can only echo what so many other reviewers have observed - the once futuristic techno show-case is now embarrassingly dated and boring. The park is plastic-fantastic ugly (aside from the disguised shopping mall of 'countries around the world' exhibit), and because there are so few entertaining rides - essentially the speedway and soarin and perhaps spaceship earth - the queues are massively skewed towards them, with the result that although the park attracts far fewer visitors for increasingly obvious reasons, you still spend most of the day queuing - but for very little. Frankly, until Disney completely overhaul Epcot, give it a miss.

2  Thank LaurenLiebenberg
See more reviews
Reviewed August 12, 2013

What can I say other than 'I love EPCOT and it is probably my favourite Disney Park'.
We used the traffic light system on undercover tourist to determine the best days to visit the park. We returned three times during our holiday - spending one full day within the park and two afternoon/evenings strolling around World Showcase. Don't get me wrong, the rides at EPCOT are great (Soaring; Mission Space; Test Track etc.) however, strolling around World Showcase has to be the highlight.
Where else would one be able to walk from Mexico into China into India into Italy into France into Germany into Canada...whilst sampling food and drink (including alcoholic) from the respective countries and be able to buy country themed souvenirs? Only in Disney.
Tip: Don't rush your way around the lake - take your time and soak up the atmosphere - that incudes theatrical shows, live music and acrobatic/dancing shows.
If you don't fancy walking the entire way around the lake, there is a boat that takes you to a dock near USA (about half way).
Go and enjoy!