“Disney and Epcot not what it use to be :(” 2 of 5 bubbles

and up
Orlando Helicopter Tour from International Drive Area
Ranked #11 of 419 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: One of 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot theme park sprawls across 300 acres—twice the size of Magic Kingdom park—and is divided into Future World and World Showcase. Here, creativity is encouraged, imagination is celebrated and countries are united. Be amazed, inspired, enlightened and entertained!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Disney and Epcot not what it use to be :(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I'm a Florida resident. I have been to Disney/Epcot over a dozen times ...it has been about 10 years since my last visit to Epcot ... No reinvestment has occurred with Future World outside of test track ...Future world appeared old and run down...come on Disney how about a fresh coat of paint on the grounds/sidewalks ...yikes ... several rides were not functioning at 100% (lack of sound in parts of figment, screen issues w/several other rides including nemo) ... World Showcase has been kept up ...however, I was stunned by the lack of live entertainment/parades.. our family walked around World Showcase 4 times and caught only one live act ...stunning. It was our intention to convert our day passes into annual Florida resident passes by the day's end ... my husband and I both walked away thankful we did not purchase the annual passes at the start of the day. The value for the money is just not there with Epcot the countries are now only about gift shops, restaurants and bars ... you can find that for free elsewhere ...

6 Thank Ann S

43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“I love EPCOT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Most kids don't like EPCOT. Those kids haven't been to EPCOT with me. It's freaking awesome. If you don't want to do something -- a shop, a ride that seems cheesy-- don't do it!

Get fastpasses for the bigger rides. Try "kidcot" for the little ones or the Phineas and Ferb mission for Tweens. College kids can have a drink around the world.

We always have to ride Figment and try to stay awake late enough to watch Illuminations. I may be a nerd but this show reminds me of an Olympics Opening Ceremony.

This is the park to split up if you have a lot of ages. There is something for everyone, but not really for everyone at the same time.

Try to go during the Food and Wine Festival! Last year we were there for the soft opening a day before the festival officially started. No lines and the festival experience. Score!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank StephySunshine5
Sunnyside, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The Best Park in Walt Disney World”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

This park may not attract kids as there aren’t many rides, but I will highly recommend it for adults who love to explore other countries and different cultures

Epcot is a learning environment where kids can play and learn. If you are looking for fantastic roller coasters, Epcot isn't for you!

Soarin was an amazing attraction ever. It really felt like I was hang gliding over California. I loved that you could smell pine when flying over evergreen trees and orange when flying over the orange groves. I would recommend it to everyone.

Take a walk around the water and see the Around the World Showcase were you walk through different countries. It's fun and exciting. Every country have staff from the representative country and souvenirs from each country. You can buy different souvenirs in the different stores. There is also restaurants in each country. We had dinner in a German restaurant, very good buffet here and we set on the table with people we didn’t even know, that is the concept of the whole idea though.

Watching illuminations is something else the best firework display ever!!

I must say I enjoyed having worked for Walt Disney World for two and half years, what a wonderful company to work for….!!

Visited November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Awesome fireworks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

When we got here the park wasn't extremely crowded and we enjoyed it so much...we got on the rides right away and later only waited about 45 minutes (without the express pass).

My daughter played the phineas and ferb game - it was 30 minutes - but she really enjoyed it, and I liked the way when they went to certain places they could make stuff in the store ring and ding, etc.

We went back to the hotel and showered and came back later for the Awesome fireworks show..

Fun was had by all!!!!

1 Thank Luvs B
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Careful with your room key”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

A lady wiped out are room keys by trying to add another day....was upset that we wanted to get a park hoper the last day and the same value it cost us one day and we could of used it all four days and no one told us about ....

1 Thank reremonkey28