“Epcot is great!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Orlando Helicopter Tour from International Drive Area
Ranked #11 of 419 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: One of 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot theme park sprawls across 300 acres—twice the size of Magic Kingdom park—and is divided into Future World and World Showcase. Here, creativity is encouraged, imagination is celebrated and countries are united. Be amazed, inspired, enlightened and entertained!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Portland, ME
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Epcot is great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2008

I am 25 and have gone to Disney every year since I was 6 months old. I have to say when I was youngerm EPCOT really didn't appeal to me that much. I wanted the thrill rides and EPCOT really didn't have anything that one would call "thrilling" and even to this day it still doesn't. But now that I'm older, I appreciate EPCOT alot more than before.
Yes, they have done away with some of my favorite rides there (Horizons, the ORIGINAL Imagination (which was MUCH better than the one now, though the current one is still great) and World Of Motion) but they have added new rides to keep up with the times (Test Track, Soarin and Mission Space)

World Showcase was always my least favorite part of EPCOT but the past few times I've gone I've really enjoyed it. It's so interesting to see the cultures from other countries. Have any of you who have been to EPCOT ever actually stopped and talked to the people working in the countries? They are natives from those countries. They are always more than helpful and when you ask them about where their from and about their country, they are always very eager to talk about it. The foods around WS are GREAT!! We always stop and buy chocolate in Germany and we eat lunch at Le Cellier in Canada. I highly recommend it as the filet mignon is AMAZING. I love steak and the steak here is the best I have ever had. They also serve these delicious breadsticks. There is soughdough, pretzel break along with a few others, all very tasty. I do however during our next trip hope to eat at San Angel Inn in the Mexico pavillion.

Another highlight of a day at EPCOT is definitely the Illuminations show. There are so many great places to sit around World Showcase Lagoon that it's pretty easy to find someplace with a great view. We usually prefer to sit between Mexico and Norway. The show is great -- you definitely don't want to miss it!!

All in all, I really enjoy EPCOT. It may not have as many rides as the rest of the Disney parks, but it is a great place to learn a little something about other cultures. I think for little children, yeah it may not be as fun for them but hopefully when they grow up, they will learn to appreciate it more, like I did!!

13 Thank derelicte19

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“EPCOT - MY FAVORITE OF ALL THE PARKS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2008

Went to Florida for the softball training as chaperones and stayed at the Caribbean Resort. What a fantastic first vacation ever!! From flying to visiting the World Wide Sports Complex to all the Theme Parks, but I have to say Epcot was my favorite. Visiting all the countries, shops, food and the people in their native lands were beautiful. It surely was a magical experience!!!

Thank you.

5 Thank Cancer25
London
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Soarin - Great - but not worth the wait!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2008

Just come back from our disney trip - we had to do Soarin - on both visit's to Epcot the fastpass distributions for the day had all been given out - by 2pm and the queue was over 1 and a half hours. So our final day we decided to get to the park early and queued for half an hour and also got fastpasses for later in the day as we were expecting a fantastic ride - following all the hype. It was ok, I would have been really disappointed if i had queued the 110 mins quoted by the end of the day. It's a simulator that moves around over a large screen - it does feel that you are flying and is quite relaxing but as we were in row 2 was a bit off putting to see the legs of fellow passengers above us - took away the moment a bit - so would recommend opting to row 1. It is a good ride - but there are much better rides in the parks that are half the wait time of this - worth doing but at peak times get there early and get your fastpass to avoid disappointment.

5 Thank Anonymous133
WPB,Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We really liked it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2008

My husband and I visited Epcot last month (March) with our teenage daughter and we loved it. It was so much fun! It's not for little kids cause there are no real rides but you can visit the countries and there are other things to do like concerts and such. I want to go back and take my mother, She'd love it too. I think it was really nice and if you go during the FlowerFestival it's beautiful.

1 Thank asas14
Schererville, IN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Illiminations is GREAT!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2008

The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Test track (so worth the wait my 3 yr. old was to small but th 6yr. old LOVED this one too), Illuminations we were told was not worth going to see, I couldn't DISagree more, it was so NICE. Also if you get there about 1.5 hours before the evening show, there is a mexican resturant with perfect seating and a great place to kill time while having a super yummy dinner.

4 Thank deadra5505