“Lots of walking, needs updating, but still a very fun time!”
Review of Epcot

$31.99*
Orlando Helicopter Tour from International Drive Area
Ranked #11 of 428 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: One of 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot theme park sprawls across 300 acres—twice the size of Magic Kingdom park—and is divided into Future World and World Showcase. Here, creativity is encouraged, imagination is celebrated and countries are united. Be amazed, inspired, enlightened and entertained!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Meriden, Connecticut
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Lots of walking, needs updating, but still a very fun time!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have been to Epcot twice now. My most recent trip wasin February of 2013. My husband and I took a 5 day trip to Disney World in late February. We are in our 40s and do not have anykids. We had a fantastic time!

We got a 5 day hopper pass. If you aren't trying to get everything done in such a short amount of time, that may not be necessary. But it IS nice that, if one park is too crowded, you can leave and go to another. I highly recommend the My Disney Experience iPhone/iPad app. You can use it to see what the wait times are for attractions in the parks, find places to eat and restrooms, find shopping, and make dining reservations. It is free! It is very helpful to use to plan what to do in what order in each park.

We stayed at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, which is one of their moderate hotels. It is not fancy, but clean, staff is very accomodating. It IS a big place so be prepared to do a lot of walking. There is an onsite food court. It is adequate but nothing special. All of the Disney hotels have complimentary transportation to the parks. This one was closer to Epcot, but farther from Magic Kingdom.

There are two big areas in this park, Future Land and World showcase. The rides are mostly in Future Land. World showcase doesnt open till 11. I would suggest doing what you can earlyl in Future Land, then heading over to World showcase to eat, drink, and shop around the world.

Even if there are extended hours in the park, that means more people are there so lines are long. If you aren't already aware, please take advantage of the FREE, awesome Fast Pass option. Here is how it works. Walk into the park. Pick a Fast Pass ride you want to enjoy without a long line (the app tells you which rides have FastPass, the most popular ones do). Go to that ride and put your card (hotel or park admission ticket) into the machine. It will spit out a time usually about an hour or longer into the future when you are to return. So at 9 am, chances are it tells you to return between 9:50 and 10:50 or 10 and 11. You come back during that time (don't be late) and you go into the Fast Pass entrance, where you have no wait or a very short one. It saves you from waiting in line for 90 minutes to 5 hours (Yes, I have seen lines that say they are 300 minutes long), but also dictates when you ride the ride. Now, once you have a FastPass, it tells you when you can get another one (usually an hour later). So, while you are waiting for your FastPass, you can get a snack or enjoy another ride with a shorter wait. This does sometimes mean running all over the park instead of doing things sequentially, but it is worth it. I suggest starting as soon as you get there with the attractions you want to do the most. With some parks and some attractions, by 2 pm, there may be no more Fast Passes for the day. So then you are forced to either wait in a 2 hour line or skip the ride!

I highly recommend Test Track and Soarin. Mission Space is kind of cool. Be aware, Soarin and Test Track Fast Passes are very likely to be gone for the whole day by early afternoon, so do them early!
I would say Living with the Land is a good ride to skip as you sit in a boat and drive through greenhouses. In World showcase, Maelstrom is kind of cool. I would say skip the Oh Canada film unless you want to sit on the floor (there is no seating) and take a nap.

I will admit, Epcot still looks like it was built in the 70s and could use some updating. The countries ar very cool, there is nice food and drinking and shopping. I love the look of the German Biergarten, where you can eat at a buffet and set inside and it looks like you are sitting outside at a German village. Food is nothing special but it is a fun time, with live entertainment. Chefs de France is a nice looking place, good service. I am not really into french food and neither is my husband so he got chicken he could have had anywhere and I had macaroni and cheese but it was really good mac and cheese! I would love to spend a whole day walking around the countries, eating a little of whatever I want! Mexico is probably my favorite country there. The restaurant is very good. There is a ride inside I love, with a little indoor market area. Characters are likely to be in any country. We saw Marry Poppins in England and Donald Duck in Mexico.

There were tons of topiaries of characters as well. I thought this was pretty cool.

There are buses that go from parks to resorts. There is a boat that goes from Epcot and Hollywood Studios to the boardwalk area. Those boardwalk hotels are much pricier, but it is quick access to the parks.

I love Epcot and Disney. I will definitely be back!

Visited February 2013

• Turkish first
Newtown, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time or money!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We visited Epcot when it was first built and then once after it was completed. I remember that there was a lot of different things that had my entire family interested in years ago than there is now. If you like souvenir shops and an outside food court of different countries, then Epcot is for you. If you like interesting things to do and see then you better skip it! Even the fireworks just before Epcot closes at night was boring. I live in a small country town in Bucks County and our fireworks shows are ten times better than Epcot's. I think this will be the last time my family goes near this place. If you want a fun day and night, you should definitely do Universal Studios. So much more to do and see for every member of your family!!!!

2 Thank Linda B
Key Largo, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“What a disappointment!!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've seen this place about 5 time over the past 3 decades. What a total waste of money and time. Nothing more than a food court and souvenir shop. The entertainment sucked, the rides suck, and the have the nerve to ask $89 bucks and $14 to park. The place should be free. What the hell is wrong with disney? Never again unless they tear the joint down and start over.

2 Thank Greg G
Sarnia, Canada
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Walk-a-thon!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Nice spot, but immense, with not much of an internal transit system (boats on lake).

Everyone wants to ride Test track & Soaring which are on opposite sides of the park. We were there at opening time. Initially road Test Track (which had a 15 minute wait) then walked to soaring which had a 100 minute wait. So got a fast pass for at 2:00-3:00 in afternoon. Within 1hr of opening all soaring fast passes were gone. After experiencing Soaring, I'd say it is not worth a long wait. An Imax movie gives a better experience. Test track is a blast!

Rest of EPCOT is nice, but aimed really for an older crowd. Unfortunately these are the visitors who could benefit from some internal park transit system. I guess it comes in the way of electric scooter rentals.

We had dinner at Marakesh/Morocco. Food was excellent. The belly dancer did a nice show,

EPCOT Fireworks display was not too exciting. A big part of the show is a moving globe. While that travels about not many fireworks are shot.

Young children will be bored here except for a chance to see live Disney characters like Snow white, Mary Poppins etc. Perhaps the lineups to talk to them, may be less than at Magic Kingdom, since EPCOT is not a park aimed at their age group.

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Best part of disney world for adults”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I am not a big disney fan, but I did enjoy Epcot as an adult. When I went as a child, I thought it was boring. Going as an adult, it was a lot of fun. I recommend the wood and wine festival. They have stalls set up all over the place that sell 3 to 4 little dishes with 2 to 3 alcoholic drinks. All is in the 2 to 6 dollar range. They sell more than just wine, and the wine they do sell is nothing special, just stuff you would get at the grocery store. Every country has a country themed liquor drink, and there is plenty of beer to be had. It is a pretty fun experience. If I had kids, I would not bother with epcot, especially during the food and wine festival when it is full of drunk adults. Pretty much ever ride we went on had some issue due to some drunk person doing something stupid. But overall it was fun.

Visited October 2012