“My favorite Disney park!”
Review of Epcot

Epcot
Ranked #8 of 394 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: One of 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot theme park sprawls across 300 acres—twice the size of Magic Kingdom park—and is divided into Future World and World Showcase. Here, creativity is encouraged, imagination is celebrated and countries are united. Be amazed, inspired, enlightened and entertained!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This place is lots of fun but be prepared for lots of walking! The rides are more "woah, cool!" than they are high-octane (like Universal) or childish (like Magic Kingdom). Soarin' is really neat, and the Test Track is pretty sweet (even for a certified pansy like myself). Disney puts up all these crazy warnings about heart problems and potential for near-death experiences on their "scary" rides but I have never been on one that really terrified me. The "scariest" ride is Space Mountain, but that made me way more nauseous than frightened. My biggest fear was hurling onto the passenger behind me. Good thing I hadn't eaten lunch before boarding that thing. Anyway, beyond the rides the grounds and "countries" are amazing! I love seeing the different buildings and little shops in each of the places. And the food is spectacular, as others have mentioned before me. If you're on a Disney dining plan, make sure to eat your sit-down meals at Epcot! You won't regret it :) Oh, and for a good chuckle check out the Carosel of Progress. I think the last time they updated it was the early 1990's so the "big technology" is virtual reality video games, which never really launched into anything big. They're behind a couple decades but I don't see the ride changing anytime soon, so it's really fun to watch.

Write a ReviewReviews (26,255)
All reviews
"nemo ride"
in 231 reviews
"captain eo"
in 226 reviews
"flower and garden festival"
in 256 reviews
in 594 reviews
"theme park"
in 499 reviews

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We were very disappointed in Epcot. Way too much money for what was there. The only thing we enjoyed was the ride Soarin'. The rest was alot of walking and not that great. We would never consider returning. We were on a one day pass and was way too expensive. I didn't take any pictures and didn't buy anything. Save your money.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

got there at 9am and then the walk started,we called into every country around the lake,needless to say time we got round we were fit to drop with the heat .would not recomend for kids for this reason and not much for kids to do.all in all its a great park lots to see and if you like food you will love the different tastes in each country.you can take a boat trip across the lake which saves your legs.but you must stay till late and see the fireworks just fantastic .like i said great place for adults but take your kids to magic kingdom lots more for them to do.

1  Thank gerrykostilek
Reviewed October 25, 2012

There are no other rides worth seeing (The Test Track was closed). Mission Space was fun, but it can leave you feeling a bit sick by the end. It's a virtual ride that takes you to space. Don't miss Illuminations at night. It was a really good fireworks show.
Skip Maelstrom for sure. It was the lamest ride ever. It was a kids boat ride that is really hyped up.
Other things to see at Epcot are the countries. It is beautiful. Like a world tour.
Also, don't miss the "Living with the Land" ride. It makes you appreciate plants and wildlife.
Overall, Epcot is the second best park at Disney in my opinion after Magic Kingdom. Animal Kingdom is third. If Tower of Terror was a park by itself, it would take the place of Epcot.

We skipped Soarin' because there was a 90 minute wait and it didn't seem worth it.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 25, 2012

As a Disney Vacation Club member, I have visited Epcot many times. However this was my first trip during the Food and Wine Festival. During the festival, which located throughout the World Showcase, food and beverage stands are set up. Along with the usual countries, they are joined by Australia, Argentina, New Zealand, Ireland and a few more. Food is available in smaller portions costing between $3 to $5. Wines and beers are available in sampler and regular sizes.

We sampled many different foods and beverages. Everything was wonderful. A few stand outs in the food category were the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup, Mexican Shrimp Tacos, German Cheese Fondue, Belgium Waffles, Italian Raviolis and French Creme Brulee. The outstanding beer was in Germany, a grapefruit beer. Best of show!

If you are traveling to Florida throughout the month of October, a stop at this festival should definitely be on your agenda. On the weekends it is very crowded and has the flavor of a great street party.