“No issues - short sleep before Disney, dirt cheap Hotwire rate”

Best Western Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #210 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 18, 2009

We arrived into Orlando late at night and just needed a place to sleep and shower before heading to Disney (and our Disney resort) the next morning. This place was fine. We got a cheap (cheap, cheap,cheap!) rate on Hotwire so were not expecting much at all, and it was actually better than expected. We called for the Best Western shuttle the second we landed (close to midnight), they told us to call again when we got our luggage. Which we did...however it was a bit of a wait for the shuttle to get there, maybe 20 minutes? Which was annoying late at night but we didn't care, we were on vacation. Room was fine (nothing special, nothing disgusting, just a normal average hotel room) and we slept soundly. Hotwire rate (pre-paid) was honoured fine, except for a small facility fee of like a $1.75 or some such thing, whatever. Check-in and Check-out was fine. We signed up for the shuttle for the next morning and they were very organized - called our rooms (we had 2 rooms) 5 minutes before the shuttle was due to remind us. Took us right back to the airport where we caught our Disney bus. The breakfast wasn't anything special but they had a waffle maker which the children made us of and there was at least coffee, juice, and some fruit as well as the typical toast, etc. so we had a quick bite to eat to hold us for a while. No issues. Wouldn't stay there for long, for one night in conjunction with flights in-and-out, it was just fine. And can not beat the rate!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 2, 2009

$1.75 "facilities fee" charged because, I was told, every room has a computer with Internet access in it. Whether you use it or not, which we did, or rather tried to. The connection was really bad. We were knocked offline numerous times and finally gave up. I meant to ask for my "facility fee" back when we checked out, but I forgot to.

Rooms are outdated and bare and smell faintly of stale cigarette smoke. No amount of disinfectant or room freshener can mask the smell of cigarettes. There is no place to sit other than the rickety wooden desk chair. The bed was comfortable, but the bedding is very cheap. Crappy pillows. Old tv. The bathroom had lots of counter space, which is always nice.

I didn't think the location was all that great. The only restaurant we saw was the WaffleHouse next door. We did not eat the free breakfast, as we just wanted to leave. The single window curtain in the room allowed sunlight in on either side, so there was no sleeping in for us. There was absolutely nothing inviting about this hotel, and in my opinion it is overpriced.

All 3 front desk staff encountered at different times during our stay were very friendly and accommodating. It's not their fault that we would not choose to return here.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2009

I stayed here for two separate nights this past weekend with friends while we were traveling. We chose it because of the price, location, and the fact that they had the free breakfast and a shuttle.

Horrible idea. The first night wasn't bad. The room smelled a little like it was a smoking room recently converted to a non smoking room but it wasn't a huge deal and I got there late. We didn't use the shuttle on the first night we stayed except to come into the hotel. My friends said it was okay, it got them there.

We left for the weekend to stay in another town and then returned on Sunday night since we had early Monday flights. When I checked in and requested the shuttle for one of my friends for the 5 am shuttle I was told it was full. They run the shuttle on a first come, first serve basis..and it's not really a shuttle, it's a van that seats ten people. Here is a hotel that has a couple hundred rooms and they only have a van that shuttles ten people an hour? They wouldn't give us any alternative to the shuttle...we had to pay $15 for a cab...at 5 am...when they supposedly have a shuttle.

After we checked into the room (non smoking, two beds) it smelled like someone just finished off a pack of cigarettes in the room and a bottle of cologne in the bathroom. It was very strong, they did give us a new room that was much better...except for the old food left in the refrigerator from the previous guests...it had never been cleaned. Gross.

In the morning when I woke up I also had bug bites all over my legs and feet. I have no idea if they were bed bugs or sand fleas or what they were but I most definitely got them while sleeping. When I got up two of them were fresh. Even grosser.

The breakfast is basically some fruit, coffee, and cereal placed on a counter. They did have a waffle maker but nothing else. No yogurt, no bacon or sausage or eggs, no bagels or anything of the sort. I can't even recall a hotel that doesn't have those in their free breakfasts. Frosted Flakes and coffee aren't my idea of a great breakfast but that's just me.

The only good thing I can say is that you wouldn't catch me in this place again..the beds were decent compared to most hotel beds. Very comfortable.

I just won't ever be staying here again and don't recommend anyone else staying either. There are many other hotels right there..Travelodge is across the street and the Sleep Inn is on the other side of the Waffle House...stay at one of those places instead.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank NickAndKaren
Reviewed January 24, 2009

The BW Airport Inn was a good 3 star property. Our room had a king bed and was a very good size. The room decor wasn't "modern" but it was fine for a best western. The beds were really comfortable and bathroom was a good size, the rooms we had were quite large. Check-in was good and staff was helpful. The shuttle was good, the drive from the airport to the hotel at 7pm took approx. 15mins and the drive back to the airport at 5am took approx 8mins. The hotel isn't really near any restaurants other than the Wafflehouse, but apparently a short cab away there is a whole bunch. We didn't use the breakfast so can't comment on that. There was a sm. fridge and sink in our room with cupboards(kitchenette style), but no utensils. All in all a good property.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2009

I don't want to say too much about this hotel because my stay was brief. I didn't get to try their breakfast or their airport shuttle -- two very important criteria for a mid-priced airport hotel. That said, I was somewhat surprised by the "tired" nature of the rooms. Bedspreads looked old. Beds were soft. It looked like they were delaying refurbishment.

Otherwise, a pretty standard motel. Front desk staff was pleasant. I'd only return if it were cheaper than other similar properties.

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed May 9, 2008

This Hotel is less than stellar. The Lobby looks fine, but the rooms appeared grungy to me. It may be ok for the price because of the convenience to the Airport, but other than that it is overpriced.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Having utilized Best Western Hotels almost exclusively for many years due to good customer service, this inn was was a shocking surprise. First the good, the room was clean and ready when we arrived. The complimentary breakfast was passable (I'm still not sure what the egg disc was supposed to be). The customer service however was appalling. Due to errors reserving the shuttle on the part of the front desk staff, my family almost missed our dream vacation. The worst part was the front desk staff made no effort to help resolve the situation. Their attitude was indifferent and at times flippant. The shuttle is operated by a contractor who services several hotels in the area. The drivers for the contractor were professional and pleasant however the service as advertised by the hotel is utterly unreliable. I will continue to utilize Best Western Hotels in the future but never this location.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)