“Experience on Feb 1 at Best Westen”

Best Western Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #208 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Overall good breakfast and excellent accommodations. Be sure to arrive early since when we got there at 9:30 p.m. they had overbooked and we were informed that we would have to stay at the Sleep Inn located near by. Exhausted after a long flight from SFO & trouble getting out of airport to motel, eventually we were accommodated.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is my second visit to this hotel. Location was perfect for what I needed to do. The rooms are clean and the staff friendly and professional. Love the Waffle House next door. I will continue to stay at the hotel when I travel to that area for business.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have stayed here a couple times now when going to Disney or Universal. I love the location being around 20 min out from the theme parks it is not as crowded in this area and you can easily find places to eat without being consumed by large crowds people. With the rate you pay here don't expect gold sheets or diamond plated door knobs, it is a fair price for a clean room, decent size, and super quiet. Last time I stayed here they must have been remodeling rooms because everything looked new and updated, especially the bathroom. I was pleasantly surprised. As for the hotel staff...I haven't ran into one rude person yet. I recommend this place and will continue to stay here for my regular trips to Orlando.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed here two weekends, prior to leaving on a cruise and upon return. The rooms are being upgraded and are very nice. However, their customer service in the breakfast bar and SOME (not all) front desk staff was extremely poor. We had requested pick-up from MCO, and spoke with a gentleman the night before our flight. He said the shuttle would have a stool for my mother who is handicapped. They did not. And the driver became very frustrated when we (my son and I) had to keep him waiting until we could get her into the van safely.

The breakfast room staff was also rude when we had to use both of our walkers in a confined space and some items were accidentally spilled.

When we called the front desk to report that we did not have a smoke detector in the room (a hole in the wall with exposed wiring), we were told, "Sorry, I have no maintenance crew right now to help you." My son and I then did a walk-through of all of the floors, and saw only two smoke detectors connected...one on the first floor and one on the third. We went to the front desk and were told, "We're upgrading each floor. They should be on the walls in about a week."

We loved the upgraded rooms...but it is not worth the frustration of working with staff who are rude and do not always speak English.

We will not be staying at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had a flight out of Orlando Airport early the next morning and was driving in that night to stay here. So I was looking for a good location, clean room and reasonable price. It fit the bill. The airport was about a ten minute drive, it had plenty of space for me to spread out my belongings and re-pack after a two week trip, they checked back with me about 20 minutes after my wake-up call to make sure I was up (because I just picked up the phone and then hung-up at the wake-up call).

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Nice sized rooms that were reasonably priced,rooms are well appointed and the beds comfortable, decent sized fridge, overall the rooms are in good shape. Well situated if you are looking for a property that is close to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Barney S
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Ok place for the price. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. However, they were renovating or fixing something on our floor, so it was very loud during the day.

Speaking of noise, do ask for a proper room without an interconnecting door. It'll cost you your good night's sleep otherwise.

Wifi was very unstable on the 2nd floor, but it was much better on the 4th. Noise from the construction was also much quieter on the 4th floor.

If you intend on using the laundry facilities located on the 2nd floor, make sure you have enough quarters. The reception never had enough to change two dollars which was needed to complete one wash cycle + tumble dry.

Housekeeping ladies did not speak a word of English. They should at least learn the basic vocabulary of things they work with everyday e.g. toilet paper, towels and cups! Absolutely appalling and very unprofessional.

Matilda or something at the reception needs to work on her manners and attitude, big time. A simple greeting, smile, 'thanks' and 'please' are all mandatory when dealing with customers. It's shocking how someone as rude as her can hold such position at a front desk.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple