I was very disappointed with my stay here. To start, we requested adjoining rooms with one king and two doubles. We got none of our requests - we got rooms two apart (why stick another family between us?), and two doubles in each room. Apparently the hotel was booked solid and they were renovating some of their rooms. Fine - I can live with this.
The rooms were relatively clean, but very dated. There was a strange smell in one of them - either cleaning solution or cologne. You couldn't open the windows so we were stuck with this. Climate control was atrocious - one room got freezing when the radiator was set to 76F, while the other would not cool off when set to 66F. The air conditioning was loud and annoying. The beds were comfortable, and the bathrooms were clean and spacious.
The airport shuttle runs every hour, which is far too infrequently.
The main reason I'm giving it one-star was the inaction of staff when we got noisy neighbours. We were stuck on the same floor as a Mexican rock band. They got back to their rooms at 4am and promptly spoke loudly in the halls, and repeatedly slammed hotel room doors. This woke our family (and doubtless other families) on the floor up, and we were scheduled for a 8am flight. After 30 minutes of noise, I phoned down to the front desk, and got the response was "Yes, we know. We're trying to get them to settle down." There was nothing in the way of apology or compensation. I booked on Expedia and pre-paid, so the staff the next morning said there was nothing they could do except feed-back to the manager.
I don't expect 5-star quality from a 3-star, but I do expect prompt action when people complain. I also would expect a little planning when it comes to their guests. As a Best Western Platinum member, I am supposed to have room preference, upgrade potential, etc. What I got was stuck in poor rooms next to noisy neighbors with little action.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cozy and contemporary hotel only 10 minutes away from the Orlando International Airport, offer a Complimentary daily shuttle. The only hotel in the area that prepare your Brekfast To Go if you have a early flight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Best Western, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Airport Hotel Orlando
- Best Western Airport Inn And Suites
- Orlando Best Western