“Good location and a decent hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Suites

BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #196 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
London, United Kingdom
“Good location and a decent hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed here as it was very close to the airport and therefore easy to find after a long flight. The reception staff were a little indifferent (I guess they become tired of international travellers) but the hotel itself was good. A little on the pricey side compared to some but not bad overall.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Terry B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Turkish first
Salt Lake City, UT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Since our flight was coming in late into Orlando, we thought it would be best to spend the night closer to the airport and then head to our regular resort the next day, especially when traveling with a toddler. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Nothing to write home about. Just your average cheaper hotel. The breakfast was pretty bad, but when you're hungry from flying for a long time and going straight to bed, you become more accepting. The staff was helpful and our driver from the airport to the hotel was really nice and friendly. The drive from the airport is actually pretty long. I think it was about 20 minutes or more. Felt like forever.

We needed a crib for our baby and they brought us one that looked like it was from the 1800's. She didn't last long in it.

It wasn't a bad hotel, really. But I wouldn't recommend it for longer than a one-night stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a good value for the price. Super close to the airport, which is a huge perk for early flights. We were upgraded to a suite by the manager, which we really appreciated. The hotel is older, but they do a good job with updated bedding and decor in the lobby. The room was clean, which is always my priority. We had great service but the staff told a customer behind me at the desk that if he didn't see a luggage cart in the lobby, then she guessed they were all in the hallways. She should have told him she would have someone help him...it was kind of sad seeing his reaction, just saying ok and making multiple trips with small children! The only other negatives were breakfast and the in-room computer. Everything at breakfast was low or gone, and all the tables were filthy. We had to wipe them off ourselves. The computer turned on but did not connect to any sites. Oh well; their wireless worked great on my laptop. Overall, great value for the proximity to the airport. If you want cleanliness for a bargain, this is your place!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan C, Owner at BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Shanna,
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to write us a review. I am very dissapointed to hear that your stay with us was only satisfactory. In regards to the breakfast area being low on items and lacking cleanliness we greatly appologize and will take a proactive approach with a stronger training program within the breakfast department. We here at the award winning Best Western Airport Inn & Suites take great pride in our product and have a strict policy with our staff to maintain quality assurance with our appearance and customer service. As for the luggage carts, it is difficult for our front office staff to track down the carts as guests are required to return them to there designated areas. Please be advised that as a limited service property we do not offer luggage services... However I do see you point in that we could have been more sincere in our approach with our most valued guests. I assure you that our front office staff will be informed and a training protocol will be implemented based on your review specifically. I hope that these issues will not become a diterent from staying with us again. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further questions and/or comments. Thank you.
Saratoga Springs, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Best Western Airport Inn & Suites ”

Feb 19, 2013, 7:29 PM

Following a cruise, a hotel was needed near the Orlando Airport. As a Best Western rewards member I thought that the Best Western Airport Inn & Suites would be a good choice as it was rated clean, affordable, offering shuttle service as well as having a pool. Boy, was I mistaken..... I requested early check-in when making my reservation,

Upon arriving at 11:00 am I approached a Desk Clerk who seemed bothered that I was waiting at the reception desk. I gave my name and inquired as to the availability of an early check in. I was told No, the hotel is sold out and no room was available. I inquired about shopping and local attractions, the clerk stated the Mall was a couple of miles down the road. I asked if the hotel shuttle could transport us to the mall, I was told that the shuttle was busy w/ airport runs and it operates as a Taxi when it's not making runs to the Airport. I asked the clerk if she could call a taxi for us to the Orlando Mall. A taxi arrived, the driver was polite and courteous. As we were approaching the mall, my companion noticed that the meter wasn't on. We inquired as to how much the ride to the mall approximately 2 miles from the hotel would be we were charged $15.00, No flat fee was offered.

Not wanting to deal with that specific Taxi Driver again, I called the Best Western at 3:45 and asked the clerk to call a different Taxi to transport us from a Publix Market near the mall back to the Best Western Airport Inn & Suites.

At 4:30 no Taxi had arrived, I called the clerk to inquire about our ride and was told that the Taxi had come to the hotel by mistake, the clerk gave the driver our address and sent him to pick us up. At 5:15 pm we again called the hotel and were told that they would check into it, We were told that the driver went to the wrong Publix Market. The Desk Clerk stated that they would make sure that the Taxi had the correct address to pick us up very shortly. With 1 hour passing & the sun starting to set, I again called the hotel. I told the clerk no one had arrived & I wanted the hotel shuttle to pick us up now! Within 10 minutes the Taxi surprisingly arrives to take us to the Hotel. The Driver stated that they were given the address to a different Publix, no one was there and they left and not called again until about 15 minutes ago. We arrived at the Hotel at approximately 7pm.

When approaching the reception desk to check-in, both clerks said "sorry" that was it. Waiting for transportation for more than 3 hours is un-thinkable, the Best Western Airport Inn & Suites response to their errors was so unprofessional & insensitive. The room was clean and a basic breakfast was provided. Upon checking out, no reduction in rate or compensation was offered or provided. The shuttle driver to the Airport was courteous & professional.

Following my visit as well as being a rewards member I was sent a survey, I completed the survey with the information listed above. I was sent a reply from the Manager at the location who stated he was sorry that our stay wasn't up to our expectations, he hoped we would give the location another try in the future.

With today's economy, customer service can be used as a valuable tool to separate goods & services provided to consumers. The Best Western Airport Inn & Suites Orlando clearly doesn't value customers or the services provided by it's staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Deana,
We are horrified to hear of your experience with the transportation services here in Orlando. I understand your frustration with the shuttle and appologize for the lack of customer service that you have recieved from our staff. Please allow me to explain that we are a limited service property and our shuttle service is utilzed first and foremost for our complementary shuttle to and from the airport. With any free time that the shuttle is not operating to and from the airport, we typically offer as a courtesy, transportation services within the neighboring vacinities (this is strictly upon availablity). Furthermore, we do not offer concierge service or transportation coordination but the front desk associates do have the ability upon request to contact transportation companies to the best of there ability. I sincerely appologize if our service was not up to your standard and will assure you that this matter will not go unnoticed. Please contact me so that we can resolve this matter to your satisfaction. We will eagerly await your response. Thank you again for taking the time out of your busy day to help us improve our service.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I only book rooms in this best western hotel everytime I go to orlando. Their price is very affordable. Also the rooms are clean, quiet, and nice. The staff is wonderful. They are friendly and funny and they make sure we are always doing well and comfortable.
In addition, the lobby is really nice and clean with their fancy and modern TV screen and couch. Surprisingly, customers like hanging out in the lobby contrary to other hotel I've been.
The location is close to the Florida mall as well as the airport. Everytime, before going back home, we shop, go back to the hotel, and take their shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Julie,
Our entire team appreciates your review of our hotel. We are so happy to hear that your stay with us was a positive one. Thank you for your most graciouse compliments and we look forward to your next stay.
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

The location, near the airport, and the cost make this an acceptable place to stay. The decor is highly dated, but the room and common areas appeared to be pretty clean. There was a computer in the room, but we could never get it to work. If you a looking for a place for a one night stay, then this is not a bad place to stay.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the award winning Best Western Airport Inn & Suites, we were very disappointed to hear that your stay with us was only satisfactory... As for our property we have replaced all our carpeting in the last year and have upgraded our mattresses and bedding packages aswell. Recently we have replaced all our guest rooms with flat panel televisions and are gearing up for a FF&E overhaul. We take great pride in our maintinance program and housekeeping initiatives to keep the property clean and fresh. If there is anything further I could do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for taking the time out of your busy day to leave us this review. We hope to see you again soon.