“More than meets most short stay demands”

Hyatt Place Orlando Airport
Ranked #43 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 12, 2010

On a three night stay at this property (which was reflagged to Hyatt Place about a year ago) my wife and I learned how much difference management can make and how much a hotel can change depending on guest mix. All the staff were incredibly hardworking, friendly and willing to go the ‘extra (s)mile.’ The rooms were of good size, clean and comfortable, with a clear separation of sleeping, working desk and lounge space matching the chicness and efficiency of the brand. The bathroom had a separate shower/bath/lavatory area and dressing area, reducing the pressure of the morning rush and provided privacy. The differences the guest mix made were in the combined reception, bar, lounge, and food service area. The one morning with a group of touring ladies all descending at the same time there was no room to be seated and the lines were long as they struggled with unfamiliar surroundings and making choices from the more than acceptable breakfast menu. On the other days, self-service was fast and convenient and the small bar was adequate for a drink and late night snack. The free, self-serve Business Center with two computers and printer is off the bar in an alcove, providing little screen privacy and security, and availability is subject to hogging. For the frequent traveler, arrival and departure is greatly speeded when there is large group business in the hotel by the self-service check in and out.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 22club58
Write a ReviewReviews (1,022)

Reviewed November 6, 2010

So I came to Orlando to see the shuttle liftoff, which ironically never happened. The ease of staying here though kept me calm and happy because of the great service and great rooms.

The rooms are quite large, much larger than I expected. A sectional couch doubling as a bed, amazingly!!! comfy Hyatt Beds, a 42in plasma tv, small wet bar like area, a desk workstation, and a nice bathroom. For a hotel chain that not like the Ritz, this was very comparable and yet a steal for the price. Plus, it was very clean and classy, LOVED the modern decor and smooth colors.

Their airport shuttle service was also fantastic, arriving 10 minutes after my phone call. And the staff, even better! When I arrived at 12:30am, I was greeted with smiles and welcomings when I myself would probably not even be able to function at that time. Even during the day, everyone was fantastic and real, not like the "fake" hotel workers who can care less about their travelers like some of the other places. Plus, their little "Grab n' Go" food station was very very good and well priced!

All in all, this place was great! Comfortable, huge room, clean and modern, ultra friendly staff, and a very relaxing bed.....what more can you ask for??? A shuttle launch would have made it better, but I'll definately be back here when its rescheduled :)

Great job guys and girls! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Beachside-Guy
Reviewed October 25, 2010

My husband had stayed here on business. so we chose this one for our vacation with our teenage daughter. It is very convenient to the airport, with its own shuttle bus. (It is not close to Universal or Disney--about 30 minute drive ). It is set back off the main road with other hotels in an area that feels safe and no problem with road noise or airport noise. Staff was nice, attentive, available and capable. They were always there at the main desk, not hidden. There is a cooler right there at main desk with decent sandwiches and salads in case you arrive late, and a nice coffee bar too. Our room was very large. We had 2 beds and had a partial divider between bed area and social area. We had a large sectional sofa that seats at least 6, ironing board, kitchen sink and fridge, but no microwave in room. ( There is a microwave in lobby area. ). There is a nice work area desk in the room.. The bathroom sink is located in the main room and the bathroom itself only contains toilet and tub, so this helps when multiple people are trying to get ready. I think the pillows may have had feathers in them, which for me was a negative due to mild allergies. The ac unit seemed relatively quiet, which is good. Free breakfast every morning- I remember Tazo tea, very fresh fruit salad, grits, bagels, toasters, juices, cold cereals, wrapped fruit, and some mornings biscuits and gravy. Hotel seems fairly new, and all carpet, furniture, fixtures were in good shape. There are 2 free computers and a printer in nook off the lobby and I think there was an indoor pool and fitness center, too. We stopped the maid in the hall to ask for extra towels, and she seemed very pleasant and friendly, and even though she did not speak much English, she tried very hard to figure out what we needed and brought it to us immediately.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank pickymom1
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Overall good place to stay. Convenient to airport and rental car lots. Quiet and very clean!
Breakfast selection was very limited (in my opinion), so do not count on much more than sparse fruit and 3 selections of cold cereal.
I would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Needing an airport hotel with a shuttle, my wife and I blind booked this through Hotwire. We were very pleased with our stay.

The hotel is located just north of the Airport. However, we rarely, if ever heard any planes. It is the typical cookie cutter Hyatt Place, with the lobby being compact and efficient, while also being trendy and stylish. The shuttle driver was quite friendly, as was the check-in clerk. We quickly got our keys and went to our room.

The room had a fridge (no microwave) a separate sink, as well as a sitting area. The room, while not quite being a suite, had distinct sitting and sleeping areas. It had the typical Hyatt Place chic look, with comfortable furniture.

Twice we got sick there. The first time, the front desk clerk arranged for the shuttle driver to take us to Walgreens to get some meds, and the second time, he brought my wife some saltines to settle her stomach. The service went above and beyond what we typically see.

Overall, great stay, and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2010

The shuttle bus took forever to arrive and the driver didn't even apologize, not a good start. Check in was smooth and friendly, but the hotel overall experience was just average, fairly typical airport hotel.
The elevators are some of the slowest I have ever been in.
Breakfast is particularly bad. If the hotel is packed, you'll feel crammed at breakfast time, as the seating place is limited. It's a particularly bad idea to have the lobby and the breakfast area so close.
The room is fine -fairly clean and comfortable, although slightly weird in the layout, with a kitchenette-type basin near the office desk and the bathroom basin in front of the bed.. A/C is noisy, I never like when it's stand-alone unit.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Clean rooms, good service, decent breakfast and also I love the shuttle service to airport which reduced my car rental expenses greatly. The only mishap was that I lost my GPS, but that was due to my own carelessness, not to blame anyone. But be careful not to misplace anything in the business center, because the hotel can't control other people lifting unattended stuff.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple