“This hotel is a home run for me!”

Hyatt Place Orlando Airport
Ranked #46 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is my second time staying at this location and all staff members are very friendly and helpful. The Hotel always smells fresh and the breakfast area is clean and comfortable with a terrific breakfast buffet. The spacious rooms have a sofa to spread out and relax on while dining in and watching TV, there are plenty of electrical outlets conveniently located by the desk area for cell phone, ipad and laptop with easy Internet access and very comfy beds. I appreciate the availability of the refrigerator and wet bar with sink. There is a full-length mirror on the closet door slider and plenty of room to get ready in the sink area, which is conveniently located outside of the bath and toilet area.

There are a variety of restaurants located close by, with easy access to either the airport or the freeway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel and there will be less airport noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bridget H
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Orlando Airport

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stay here every time we have an early morning flight out of Orlando and we've never been disappointed. Checking in is easy, staff are friendly and we love the Park,Stay and Fly program. It makes the price really worth it. We've also done the Stay In Family Night package, and enjoyed a couple of flatbreads while watching a movie. (You can get pizza too ;) )
The rooms are immaculate and spacious. We love having the separate living room.
Nearly forgot the breakfast which is included. Hyatt Place has worked really hard to provide a breakfast product that is good quality and has something for everyone. It does tend to get mobbed but you can always take your breakfast up to your room and enjoy it in peace.
No complaints. We'll be back very soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and ice machine, but that's true of any hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank beanetbear
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here during UCF Family Weekend as the hotels near the school were sold out. It's about 20 mins away from the campus right down the 408. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the rooms. Large sitting room with a small divider between it and the bedroom. The sofa wasn't the pull-out type. Fridge, coffeemaker, desk, large swivel flat screen with great movie choices. Bathroom small but adequate. The complimentary breakfast was plentiful. Staff were pleasant although my interaction with them was minimal. I was surprised being so close to the airport I did not see or hear any airplanes. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I was in room 222. There was a huge A/C unit right outside the window and a Dish. Wasn't noisy b...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2013

...from the time of the airport pick up until the last minute, it was a very great stay. Elia the driver took me everywhere I had to go,great....nice big rooms, clean....nice shower and bathroom...the breakfast (complimentary) was also up to standard and plentiful, a good hotel to stay also to attractions and the nearby airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Every time I need a place to stay in Orlando (thanks airlines!) I try to come here. They always have a room available , the windows open for fresh air and its a clean, quiet and highly comforting place to stay. The rooms are small but the amenities make up for that!

Room Tip: Face east, that's my suggestion, east.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was a great choice!
I just returned from my first visit to a Hyatt Place, and it was extremely comfortable and enjoyable. The Hyatt Place Northwest is very near the airport (not the hotel in the airport, but its sister facility), and for my needs, it was also conveniently located to a meeting site. I was part of a group of 9 that stayed here, and the positive comments were unanimous. The hotel has an incredibly skilled and considerate staff who went out of their way to accommodate our needs, most notably assisting us with transportation to our meeting site. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport and also offers to take guest to local restaurants (within a set radius). Our work site was a little outside this radius, but they offered to take us in their van if it wasn't being used to transport guests to/from the airport. Their hospitality exceeded everyone's expectations.

The rooms deserve mention. They are spotless and spacious with a separate seating area that had a large sectional couch, ottoman and large television. A very comfortable king-size bed had the most comfortable pillows I've encountered in a hotel in a long time! The bathroom area was small, but adequate, and the room had all the necessities (blow dryer, full-size ironing board, iron, coffee maker, coffee, small fridge, desk, etc.) They aim to please and have an easy "borrowing" policy for those larger items that you might need.

Some reviewers have commented on the breakfast, so I'll add my opinion to the list. I enjoyed the breakfast, but truth be told, my expectations for an early breakfast before an early meeting are minimal. I don't eat that much in the morning, especially when I have to be at an early meeting. I looked forward to their grapefruit sections, mixed fruit and orange juice every day. The coffee was terrific! Others in the group chose the hot breakfast "sandwiches" that varied daily- egg bagel, etc. You could make toast, customize your oatmeal, chose a small pastry or small cake donut (my sweet tooth was not tempted here - a good thing, I guess.)

I ordered from the menu the afternoon I arrived and had a bowl of mushroom soup with brie. Delicious. I didn't need to order anything else, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so. There are many restaurants in the area and most people want to explore.

The pool is small but not crowded. Very clean. Never more than 5 or 6 people in it. I had it to myself the first evening. Unfortunately, Florida rains squelched plans for any other swimming. Has a work-out room with very good treadmill and elliptical. Weight machines also, but I didn't use them, so can't comment.

I rarely write a review and have spent more time on this review than I expected to, but this hotel deserves a great review - the pleasant, helpful staff are a 5-star crew (a special shout out to Ryan!). I wish I could recall the names of the many other friendly female staff members who helped to shuttle us to and fro! I appreciate their kindnesses during my 3 night stay.

Room Tip: No views from the hotel worth seeking out. I had a room on an upper floor and although only parking...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank nosynurse
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Early morning flight and knew I had to be in the security line at 6am so decided to stay in Orlando the night before. It is more relaxing than rushing the next morning. The price of the room included parking for the trip. i think if you stay more than seven days there are additional charges. The first room they gave me had ac problems so they moved me right away, The second room had the squeakiest bed ever. I slept on the couch. AC was loud and the on and off kept me awake so at least the couch was away from that also. I think they have great staff and the shuttle was prompt in taking me and picking me up. They do have food you can purchase but there are so many places to eat in the area that I went out and got something. Left before breakfast.

Room Tip: I never heard a plane so think the rooms are very soundproof.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo