“Clean, quiet and always there” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Place Orlando Airport
Ranked #49 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Clean, quiet and always there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Every time I need a place to stay in Orlando (thanks airlines!) I try to come here. They always have a room available , the windows open for fresh air and its a clean, quiet and highly comforting place to stay. The rooms are small but the amenities make up for that!

Room Tip: Face east, that's my suggestion, east.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was a great choice!
I just returned from my first visit to a Hyatt Place, and it was extremely comfortable and enjoyable. The Hyatt Place Northwest is very near the airport (not the hotel in the airport, but its sister facility), and for my needs, it was also conveniently located to a meeting site. I was part of a group of 9 that stayed here, and the positive comments were unanimous. The hotel has an incredibly skilled and considerate staff who went out of their way to accommodate our needs, most notably assisting us with transportation to our meeting site. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport and also offers to take guest to local restaurants (within a set radius). Our work site was a little outside this radius, but they offered to take us in their van if it wasn't being used to transport guests to/from the airport. Their hospitality exceeded everyone's expectations.

The rooms deserve mention. They are spotless and spacious with a separate seating area that had a large sectional couch, ottoman and large television. A very comfortable king-size bed had the most comfortable pillows I've encountered in a hotel in a long time! The bathroom area was small, but adequate, and the room had all the necessities (blow dryer, full-size ironing board, iron, coffee maker, coffee, small fridge, desk, etc.) They aim to please and have an easy "borrowing" policy for those larger items that you might need.

Some reviewers have commented on the breakfast, so I'll add my opinion to the list. I enjoyed the breakfast, but truth be told, my expectations for an early breakfast before an early meeting are minimal. I don't eat that much in the morning, especially when I have to be at an early meeting. I looked forward to their grapefruit sections, mixed fruit and orange juice every day. The coffee was terrific! Others in the group chose the hot breakfast "sandwiches" that varied daily- egg bagel, etc. You could make toast, customize your oatmeal, chose a small pastry or small cake donut (my sweet tooth was not tempted here - a good thing, I guess.)

I ordered from the menu the afternoon I arrived and had a bowl of mushroom soup with brie. Delicious. I didn't need to order anything else, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so. There are many restaurants in the area and most people want to explore.

The pool is small but not crowded. Very clean. Never more than 5 or 6 people in it. I had it to myself the first evening. Unfortunately, Florida rains squelched plans for any other swimming. Has a work-out room with very good treadmill and elliptical. Weight machines also, but I didn't use them, so can't comment.

I rarely write a review and have spent more time on this review than I expected to, but this hotel deserves a great review - the pleasant, helpful staff are a 5-star crew (a special shout out to Ryan!). I wish I could recall the names of the many other friendly female staff members who helped to shuttle us to and fro! I appreciate their kindnesses during my 3 night stay.

Room Tip: No views from the hotel worth seeking out. I had a room on an upper floor and although only parking...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank nosynurse
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Early morning flight and knew I had to be in the security line at 6am so decided to stay in Orlando the night before. It is more relaxing than rushing the next morning. The price of the room included parking for the trip. i think if you stay more than seven days there are additional charges. The first room they gave me had ac problems so they moved me right away, The second room had the squeakiest bed ever. I slept on the couch. AC was loud and the on and off kept me awake so at least the couch was away from that also. I think they have great staff and the shuttle was prompt in taking me and picking me up. They do have food you can purchase but there are so many places to eat in the area that I went out and got something. Left before breakfast.

Room Tip: I never heard a plane so think the rooms are very soundproof.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cumming, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Bathrooms currently being remodeled which will definitely add to comfort but rooms clean, spacious & comfortable. Great staff, excellent location & breakfast very tasty. Breakfast is not normal muffins & waffles; freshly prepared every morning. Certainly recommend for lodging. Wine, Starbucks & desserts available in the evening.

Room Tip: Our room was on 6th floor & very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Boone57
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed at this Hyatt during a brief vacation in Orlando. No complaints. Courteous staff, good breakfast, quick shuttle service to the airport, helpful friendly staff, great location. This is my second stay at a Hyatt and I will definitely be returning to another Hyatt in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We booked this room via the Hyatt website as a stopover before our Disney Cruise. We had two rooms for 7 people. This hotel is awesome! They provided a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport and a great breakfast the next morning. The rooms were nicely decorated and spacious. We found the bathroom to be a little small, but we managed. The beds and the sofa bed were very comfortable. We had a very restful sleep after arriving after 9pm. The free Wi-Fi came in handy to check our flights for the next day. This was a great choice! The entire staff at the Hyatt Place Orlando Airport/Northwest was fantastic and made us feel very welcome! If you find yourself in need of a hotel near the airport, this should be your choice!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Clarence Center, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for the night before our Caribbean cruise for my family of 4. For the price of 1 room at most nearby hotels I was able to get 2 rooms at this Hyatt. We were picked up at the airport by the complimentary shuttle within minutes of calling. The rooms were very clean and spacious. We were hungry after traveling and got snacks of generous proportions- pita & humus, chips & dip which we ate while sitting on the couch in our room and watching tv on the big flat screen. The shower, shampoo & conditioner were wonderful. The beds very comfortable. There was a good selection at the complimentary breakfast buffet. I would definitely stay here again and try other Hyatt's.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family