“Friendly overnight stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Friendly overnight stay”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The staff at this hotel are extremely friendly and helpful. We arrived much before check-in time and they looked after our luggage for the afternoon. Every time we'd pass any staff they would call out a very friendly hello or ask how we were enjoying our stay. Within 15 minutes of getting to our room, we received a call from the front desk to see if the room location was to our liking. Although we did not get to indulge much in the free breakfast as our shuttle left as it was opening, I must say it was much better than standard fare. It was like being at home in your own kitchen - so nice to see glass dishes in a free breakfast buffet! The shuttles were quick and the drivers were very friendly as well. We would most definitely stay here again when in Orlando.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Turkish first
Natrona County
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We elected to get a room near the airport after a late flight. We did have about a 20 minute wait after calling for the shuttle. The woman who picked us up was friendly and loaded our luggage promptly. We were assigned a high floor per our Hyatt profile. If you do not usually stay at Hyatts, it may be a concern that the vanity area is outside the bathroom and pretty much at the end of the beds. My husband deals with my hair dryer in the morning so it is not an issue for us. We had a maintenance issue with the lighting in our room and called the front desk. After about 25 minutes, called again and she apologized and said she had gotten busy. The issue wasn't fully fixed and she offered to move us. It is after midnight and we have unpacked just enough to not want to move. I suggested she just throw some points at us to compensate. She agreed but has not happened to date. Also, even though I know the tub was clean, it has a dingy old mat stain. We only shower but the tub did take away from a feeling of cleanliness in the tiny bathroom.

The breakfast area overflows into much of the lobby which is a good thing because there was apparently a soccer tournament in the area and the hotel was full of girls. Breakfast was the standard fare and nice to have available. The disposal system was kind of a mess. One garbage can inside a container with a small hole at the top. Not surprisingly, people who bothered to utilize it were not completely successful at getting leftovers disposed of without part of breakfast left on top. Yuck. Hot water was not hot enough for tea but there is a microwave available to solve that.
We were able to have a late checkout before the shuttle driver took my husband back to the airport to the car rental. Once again it was a friendly young woman.

Our experience was good enough that we chose to reserve a room again for the night before we flew out. Check in was a hassle because the key maker was not working. A staff member had to go to our room and let us in after about a 15 minute wait. I'm sure they got tired of this procedure as we were not the only ones trying to check in. Within the hour we received our room key. We checked out on a Monday and found the hotel to be very quiet. Nice to not have to jockey for position around the orange juice. Pillows were comfortable and we were able to cool the room nicely. This hotel worked well for us and I would recommend it for travelers in similar circumstances.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
st augustine
Reviewed December 25, 2012

my stay was just for one night prior to a flight out the next morning. i am a diamond member with hyatt and i decided since i had a ton of points, i would use points for this stay. the staff was very accomodating and helpful. a few issues i had were: for breakfast they had no sort of eggwhites. either hard boiled eggs or any way to make me anything with eggwhites and the cook was a little rude when i asked her about that. in this day and age, not everyone eats junk foor for breakfast and i was disappointed because the breakfast wasnt all it was cracked up to be. the bed was sort of sunken down on one side and uncomfortable. when i have time i plan to email gold passport to let them know of my issue with the bed in the hopes that it will be taken care of for other guests. i could not get a good cell phone reception in my room which was annoying but not their fault although they do make signal boosters to solve that issue which they may want to look into.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Falun, Sweden
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Our hotel the last day and night on the Orlando journey. Very nice room - more of a suite - and convenient, smaller pool area to relax in. In the evening, we walked to the Tony Roma restaurant just a few 100 meters from the hotel. As European, we were surprised to note that this area had several walkways, which is not too usual in the Orlando area! Breakfast was included in price, and acceptable...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have statyed at this property many times. They are a good place for a great price. Just when you think they have it right they go beyond with great team at the front desk. Ryan among others were the STARS of the service team. Ryan keep doing what ever he could and made all things possiable with all the requests that i had given him. The other team memebers had the same great attituded and they keep making me feel welcome and appricated my stay with them.

Michael

Room Tip: Upper floors are very good.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Well, within a minute or two from the airport, and location is pretty good for everything from Disney to downtown without being smack in the middle of traffic. If you've stayed at a Hyatt Place, this again fits the blueprint, good space with modern conveniences. Bed was nice, and only issue was the staff (front desk) seemed more inclined to talk amongst each other rather than help customers. But overall, descent place for good price.

Room Tip: Though close to the airport, didn't notice much noise from aircraft. But no direction or room s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1alwaystraveling
Franklin Springs, GA
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Having stayed at a Hyatt Place outside of Atlanta before, I felt I was in good hands here. My family and I went on a cruise that returned to Port Canaveral. Not wanting to travel on the Sunday following Thanksgiving, I had decided early on that we should stay at a hotel in the Orlando area and then fly out on Monday, which we did.

On my way from the port to the hotel, I called the hotel to confirm we were all set and to let them know we were traveling early and asked if we would be able to check in early (about 10 am). The lady was quite friendly and stated that would be no problem.

When we arrived I found the hotel to appear very much like the one I had stayed at in Atlanta. When I spoke with the lady behind the counter she said we would not be able to check in yet. After I explained that I had just called to make sure we would be able to, she looked back down at her computer screen and within a few clicks checking in early was no problem again (why was it a problem on my arrival?).

Once we got settled in the room, I again found things to be very similar to the room in Atlanta. I had requested a crib when I made my reservation, but it was not in the room. When my wife asked for one they acted as though they may not have enough. Soon a staff member arrived with a pack-n-play and set it on the floor and left. Thankfully, we were used to putting them together, but if someone had not used to one they may find it difficult to assemble.

I could hear planes at the airport, but that's to be expected. What I didn't expect was the noises coming from within the hotel. It seems that there must be some sort of work being performed on the floor above us. I kept hearing what sounded like drilling while my children were trying to take their naps. I then heard noises in the hallway outside of my room that sounded like someone continuously banging glass together. This seemed to continue for about 10 minutes.

I saw a review on here about the slow internet speed so I did a check and was getting about 250 kbps download and 500 kbps upload. I've never seen an upload speed at twice the download speed. This is decent for normal web browsing and email, but you won't be watching any videos or movies at this speed.

The staff were all friendly, but seemed to lack in their knowledge or desire to help the customer. The rooms were spacious and nice as all Hyatt Place hotels have been and the overall value for the room was very good. The internet is slow, but should work for basic stuff. Having had the experiences I did, I would probably have chosen another place to stay with my family. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't great. Your mileage may vary.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family