“Useful airport stopover”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Honiton, United Kingdom
“Useful airport stopover”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Very comfortable room, very clean. Friendly staff. Reception offers snacks which were all I needed after 10 hours of Virgin Atlantic hospitality but had I wanted more I didn't see any restaurants handy. Shuttle frquent and short ride. Complementary breakfast very good - more variety than most but difficult to get a seat in busy periods.
Good value for money and ideal for my purpose of crashing out jet-lagged before returning to airport for a car next day so I will definately use it again if in the area but probably wouldn't want to spend a longer stay there as nothing much else in the neighborhood except othe rhotels.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed at the Hyatt Place Orlando Airport one night right after getting in for a flight. Nice and close to the airport. Easy pick up by bag claim. Everyone there is friendly and helpful. A bit short handed the evening I was there as the check in person was also the bar person and food person but they weren't very busy so it was not a problem. Room was clean and plenty of space. I really recommend Hyatt Place for traveling when staying a night or two. Great upgrade to free breakfast with a lot of options. I will use again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelNut70
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here Sept 2012 with my parents and my sister for a local family wedding. Checking was quick and the staff were very friendly. The room was super clean and very spacious even with four adults staying in the room. My sister and I ended up sleeping on the sleeper sofa...can't say it was super comfortable but it did the job better than others. They serve hot breakfast but do not have a huge variety to choose from for hot items. However, it is hot and it is free and a lot of hotels nearby do not even offer continental breakfast anymore. It is very close to the airport but you do not hear the planes. For the price, the quality is great. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chula Vista, California
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this location the night prior to our Disney Cruise departure. It was jusy a 10-15 minute drive from the baggage claim area at airport to the hotel. Hotel shuttle was prompt and courteous. Check-in was a breeze and we were resting before we knew it. The hotel was very clean and welcoming as with all Hyatt Place locations we have stayed at. Breakfast is always good here, but they have definitely improved as they have added more hot breakfast sandwiches. Hyatt Place Orlando Airport has lived up to the Hyatt Place reputation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pablo C
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I needed a place for business that was convenient to everywhere and the Hyatt Place fits the bill perfectly. Where do I start? The positives are the unique rooms with living area and small fridges, to the extensive free breakfast, to the free internet, to the very friendly staff, The Hyatt Place is nirvana. I also was able to get a very good room rate via priceline so my total experience is as good as it gets. Only minutes from the airport, if you want a sure thing stay at the Hyatt Place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This hotel is clean, modern with a surprisingly good hot breakfast. Can't beat the rate for the value, very close to airport and a couple of good restaurants within walking distance. The room was spacious and quiet, staff was efficient, neither friendly or unfriendly and checkout was seamless. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for business or holiday and families.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Me and my wife stayed here the evening before an early morning flight (we live about 2 hours away). We paid the "Stay and Fly" rate that includes parking up to I believe two weeks, and shuttle transportation.

Upon checkin, an extremely friendly lady checked us in, and everything went flawlessly. Our room was well appointed, clean, and spacious. The bed was comfortable, and the other amenities were nice as well. The only issue I had was the TV remote would only turn the TV on/off (had to get up and walk to TV to adjust volume). Not a big deal, but that's the only minor flaw I could find in the room.

The common areas were very clean, and a good representation of the Hyatt Place brand.

The shuttle runs between 4:00am-2:00am. We were downstairs and outside waiting by 3:50am. We left promptly at 4:00am, and arrived at the airport about 5 minutes later.

Upon return a couple days later, we got our bags, and called the hotel. I was told it would take about 15 minutes, and was given a location to meet the shuttle. The pickup spot is the furthest assigned pickup area away from the airport entryway. Probably not a big deal during the day, but at 1:00 in the morning, it is isolated and I wouldn't want my wife waiting for the shuttle alone. This is certainly not a Hyatt issue (all hotels use this location), but more of an Orlando airport issue, that I thought was worth mentioning. The shuttle arrived 20 minutes after I called, and we were back at the hotel 5 minutes later.

All in all, everything worked out great. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business