“Marriott must be proud that have this property under their portofolio”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #60 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I can honestly say as a Platinum Elite member I was very pleased with this property, it met and exceeded my expectations, the rooms are very trendy, the satff is very friendly and the location of the hotel is very convenient to local nightlife. We really enjoyed our stay at this property and we look forward to stay there again!!! Marriott and Kessler hotels have done a great job with this partnership

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,407)

Reviewed July 21, 2010

I decided to take a mini-vacation (I live locally) in Orlando one weekend, and stayed at the Grand Bohemian on a Saturday night. The location is *perfect* if you plan to hit the bars and clubs around Orange Ave. The lobby and bar are uniquely styled - not exactly my style (I find the artwork a little creepy), but the "Bohemian" theme is well carried out. Rooms are spacious and the bed was exceptionally comfortable! Front desk and guest services personnel were friendly and attentive.
My biggest complaint - given my plan for a relaxing Sunday morning after a night out - is it was *impossible* to relax at the pool! The pool area is nicer than the average urban rooftop pool - beautiful decor, surprisingly little street noise. There is a large canopied area with tables and chairs to stay out of the sun, and several lounge chairs around the edge of the deck - in my opinion, not enough chairs. After just a few people arrived at the people, it began to feel very crowded (and once one of them started smoking, it was impossible to avoid the smoke...a big deal to me, but it may not bother others). The space might be more comfortable if the canopy was smaller and the chairs were more spread out, but that would apparently interfere with events such as weddings. Which leads to THE WEDDING PLANNERS! I was already not feeling totally comfortable at the pool when a troupe of VERY loud, VERY obnoxious wedding planners showed up and began marching around the pool deck, shouting orders at each other, completely oblivious to the people trying to relax inches away (literally - one of them bumped my feet as she walked past, and didn't even acknowledge it). I was so disgusted that I packed up and left. Bottom line - the hotel is comfortable, clean, and in a great location for Orlando business or nightlife, but not for relaxing at the pool - not even early on a Sunday morning.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank mightaswellbaby
Reviewed July 9, 2010

THe hotel was great. Beautiful and stylish, not to mention comfortable. The staff was very helpful in resolving an unexpected problem. Downtown location is very convenient for business or pleasure purposes. Delicious room service. All for a great price.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank BaileyBird
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We had a most enjoyable time at the Grand Bohemian........the care and consideration given to the rooms by the housekeeping staff was really appreciated........they were on top of everything. We will surely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2010

The Grand Bohemian is my hotel in Orlando. Service is always excellent. Accommodations are opulent, restaurant offerings succulent, and the gallery is a fascinating, unique addition.

This last trip was exceptional. Having neglected to pack a neck tie for my MCO meetings I headed for the gallery only to find it had closed for the night. I approached Concierge-extraordinaire Patricia Clifton for assistance. Through some devious means (I am, of course kidding about that description), Ms Clifton managed to acquire a display case key to access an elegant tie that saved my entire business trip.

I have visited perhaps half of the Kessler collection hotels. Each has been excellent. Orlando remains my favorite, and a big part of that is because of the over-the-top personal service.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I was initially excited to see that this hotel offered the government rate for the five days I would be conducting business in Orlando. It ended up being a huge disappointment. I cannot believe this property carries the Marriott name. Marriott definitely needs to reconsider whatever deal they have going with this hotel. The lobby area is extravagantly decorated and does appear to be a five star hotel when you walk through the door, but I promise you, it ends there. My room was very dark, there were visible stains on the carpet, and the carpet wasn't even tacked down around the perimeter of the room. You could see a ton of dirt and debris that had collected in this area. The furniture was extremely dusty, the headboard was stained with something, the refrigerator full of alcohol and snacks wasn't working and had condensed everywhere, so the inside of the refrigerator was wet and smelled like mold. None of the ice makers were working on any floor. The coffee pot was filthy, there was a board sticking out from in between the box spring and mattress that I hit my leg on and finally figured that it was the hotel's poor attempt to make the bed more comfortable. I didn't sleep well all week. The bed was lumpy and way too soft. The mattress seemed old. The box spring had something spilled all over it. My shower head was covered in pink mold. The elevator and many of the floors smelled of natural gas, so much sometimes that I wanted to gag. The internet (for $12.95 per day) is as slow and inconvenient as dial-up. After requesting hot tea to take to my room one night, the service person in the bar suggested that I use my filthy coffee pot to make hot water for tea. When I told them it was dirty, the bar finally gave me hot water and a tea bag for which they charged me $3.50!!! Did I mention that I am a gold member, but was NEVER alerted to the concierge lounge where there is supposed to be free tea and clean coffee pots??!!. Don't let the Marriott website fool you. This hotel is not new but very old. It is lipstick on a pig really. They should spend less money on making it look like an adult amusement park with fancy art and velvet chairs and actually put some money into the guest rooms. I will never stay here again, and I am very, very disappointed that this hotel carries the Marriott name. I have stayed in Fairfield Inns and Courtyard's that were nicer and cleaner than this hotel. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Sholeh_Kia, General Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. Please accept my personal apology for any inconsistency in our service. Your comments regarding your last experience with us s are very disturbing to me as they are certainly do not represent the quality of service we have proudly built our reputation. I can assure you that we have taken immediate steps to ensure no further recurrence. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for not living up to our usual high levels of service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando in the very near future at which time I hope to have the privilege of making your personal acquaintance. In the meantime, if I may be of any further assistance, please contact me directly.

Sholeh Katherina Kia

Reviewed June 4, 2010

I have to confess I'm checking out the competition.

I wind up in Orlando a few times a year either on business or for triathlons. I agree with all of the recent reviews. The worn rooms, the nickel and diming over other hotel charges, wedding rentals, etc. I don't use the concierge at this location but I see that the hours are limited by their lack of presence, the décor that hits you over the head etc.

With one exception, I feel the Orlando area has a lot of authentic things to offer in particular the nearby old Orlando neighborhoods! They are within walking distance or a very short cab ride.

The staff is also very helpful. There can also be interesting guests at this hotel... not the typical Disney visitors. Love the gym, bar, food, the bed linens and the roof top pool scene. I am happy with this hotel and will probably be back but my loyalty is faltering. So bottom line, I'm ready to look around and do some homework on my next Orlando visit.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank SevenSees
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Aloft Orlando Downtown
#112 of 340 in Orlando
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!