3 people are viewing this hotel
$212
Free cancellation until 08/25/22
$212
Free cancellation until 08/25/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Traveluro
$192
Expedia.com$212
Hotels.com$212
Priceline$212
1,585 results
All reviews amway center jacuzzi suite room service love this hotel valet lounge wedding boheme marriott
Sort and selected filters
Sort Filter
Reviewed October 19, 2017

Top hotel and staff, the room was great and the facilities outstanding. The cocktail bar and restaurant were also top drawer. The hotel is close to many bars, cafés and restaurants and of course the arena.

Room tip: Choose a high floor, one that is close to the rooftop pool.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2017

I was in Orlando from Atlanta with girlfriends to attend the Bruno Mars concert. I was not familiar with the area but I wanted to stay as close to the Amway Arena as possible. I requested a room near the pool and requested an early check in. We arrived at the hotel around 9:30am on the day of the concert.

The doorman Mike greeted us right way and before we could finish paying for our taxi he had our bags on a cart and ready to go. We entered into this beautiful hotel which had a Starbucks, lobby bar, and restaurant on the main level (I live for Starbucks).

We were then immediately greeted by THE BEST GUEST SERVICES REP ON THE EARTH Giancarlo. I explained that were here early but wanted to know if we could leave our bags and grab some breakfast or sit by the pool until our room was ready. He said "Actually, we can go ahead and get your party checked in now". I thought wow! I was thinking we would have to wait a couple hours. He then asked for the form of payment and ID. My friends started to Cash App me their portions and I was going to put everything on my card. Giancarlo said " Ladies, I am very happy to take separate forms of payment and split everything up for you. That is no problem at all." Again, I thought, wow!

He checked us in and let me know that he was able to get us a room by the pool as requested. I didn't even have to remind him about the request and yes, I thought wow again. He said et me know if there is anything else I will be happy to help. Mike escorted us to our room and was very professional.

The room was absolutely beautiful with the best bed I have ever slept on in my life. We went back down to figure out where to eat so of course I looked for Giancarlo. He gave us a great suggestion and we went to have brush at Artistian Grille I think. The food was amazing!

We got back to the hotel and thanked him again for the great suggestion. He said do you know where you will have dinner tonight? We said "No, but we would love suggestions." He sad the hotel restaurant is a nice option but I suggest making a reservation. I can call and make them if you like? WOW again! We walked over to make the reservation and to look at the menu. We saw great options so we make the reservation for 5pm.

We came back for dinner at 5pm on the dot and our table was ready. Thank goodness the reservation was made because it was full of people waiting for it to open. Our waiter was Roberto who took great care of us and made wonderful meal suggestions. My steak was cooked perfectly and our drinks got us warmed up for Bruno Mars.

We came out of the restaurant and guess who was still at the desk.... Giancarlo!

He said hello ladies! Are you ready for Bruno?! we all laughed and said yes. We thanked him for everything and the awesome suggestions. I told his supervisor that I wish I could take him to every hotel and have him train all front desk staff. I asked him if he was a Bruno Mars fan and he said yes. I asked if it was ok for us to bring him back something for being so awesome to us. He said, oh no you all do not have to do that. We told him okay and said you look like you are about a medium so we will see you after the show.

As soon as we walked into the arena we got a 24K Magic World Tour shirt size medium for him. It was $40 but he definitely deserved it. We got back after the AMAZING show and of course he was gone. We left him a nice note thanking him for being so wonderful to us and we hoped he liked his shirt. We left early the next morning so we didn't get to see him. As soon as we landed back in Atlanta I called to make sure he got his shirt. He said yes and thanked us for our kind words on his note.

The room was a little over $400 for the night but it was WELL WORTH every penny of it. I do not mind paying for quality and great customer service. Every staff member we encountered was on top of everything. They really made our girls trip great. This will definitely be the only hotel that I ever stay in while visiting Orlando.

Giancarlo deserves The Employee of the Year Award, a raise, and at least a couple extra vacation days. I travel a lot for business and leisure and I honestly can say that the only other place that comes close to this type of service is the Govensor House in Dubai. Trust me, that says A LOT!

Room tip: The pool is on the 6th floor if you are interested in swimming or getting a little sun.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank myadanyelle
Reviewed October 16, 2017

This is our second visit to the Grand Bohemian. I love the service and attention to the guests that this staff excels at. The faucets in the bathroom were a little tricky and took a little effort and time to figure out. The keys are very sensitive to phones etc and will disable them, had to make a trip to the lobby in a wet bathing suit to get back into my room. I also had certificates for a continental breakfast which do not have any times on it, my family went down at 9:30 and they were already closed. They should specify the time on the certificate. The desk clerk was very accommodating and did offer a solution. He also recommended a local restaurant a few blocks away 5 minute walk, called Artisans Table..Absolutely fabulous restaurant and excellent suggestion. Overall a very good stay with a few small hiccups. We will definitely be staying again. I suggest this property to anyone going to an event at the Amway Arena. The Arena is 3-4 black aways, and you travel through church street were there are restaurants and other entertainment. You won't be disappointed with a stay at this beautiful property,

Room tip: Higher floors have a better view
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2017

We stayed here as an anniversary staycation. We were on the 6th floor which is great for going to the pool. The rooms are very nice, we were in an Executive Suite. The noise at night from both the street and other rooms made for not a good nights sleep. To be fair, this hotel is down the street from ORMC (a hospital) so you get a lot of siren noise. The street noise from cars filled in from that. Also, the walls are pretty thin and even though we were in one of end suites, we could hear guests return home at all hours of the night.
We were disappointed that there was no wait staff at the pool to take drink and food orders. Also, a nice touch would have been complementary bottled water in the rooms as Orlando water is pretty bad.
The staff, especially the valets were outstanding. Had a problem with housekeeping only showing up at 4 in the afternoon when we had just returned to the room. We were getting ready for a night out so I just had her give me some towels.
All in all I think it is a little pricey for what you get, but then there isn't much of a choice downtown.

Room tip: I know you don't get a view, but perhaps rooms with a pool view and not on the street would have been quieter.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Molokairaceofficial
Reviewed October 15, 2017

I’ve been staying at the Grand Bohemian, Orlando for 13 years, and in that time, I’d say that the hotel has done a good job maintaining its “brand,” even though it’s now part of Marriott’s portfolio. While staying at the Grand Bohemian, I’ve experienced the following:
• Suite accommodations
• In-room dining and hotel restaurant
• Valet

About the Rooms/Suites
The rooms and suites at this hotel are stylized to fit with the aesthetics of the rest of the property. Deep purples and burgundies are abundant, mix CDs of “chill” tracks are available for the in-room Bose radios, and interesting artwork is hung throughout. Lighting wise, the rooms are on the dim side, and the bathrooms aren’t much brighter. Some of the rooms are starting to show their age, but things are still comfortable, and everything is maintained reasonably well. In the years that I’ve been using the property, I honestly can’t say if the rooms have been refreshed. If they have, any changes are subtle (or consistent) enough that I can’t tell. The hotel has always been one of the nicer properties in downtown Orlando (still is), but it’s not quite a luxury property. I would consider it more along the lines of Kimpton than Four Seasons. The clientele of the property is a mix of business people, couples, and people attending conventions, sporting events, etc. The atmosphere is generally festive and downright loud in the lobby, bar, and restaurant. People tend to behave themselves once in their rooms, though I have had to move before because of loud neighbors or unattended dogs that were barking for the owners’ returns.

On my last visit to this property, I noticed that (like many properties do nowadays), the hallways were not air conditioned, and the lobby was warm. Walking from my room to the elevator was enough to work up a sweat, and arriving in the lobby didn’t provide much relief from the heat outside. I spoke with the front desk about this change, and the employee simply said that she always feels hot in the hotel too.

About Dining
Dining in the hotel is good, but I usually skip the restaurant unless grabbing a bite for breakfast. The “Grand Bo” (as many call it) has always been popular with the locals who want to enjoy dinner, Sunday brunch, or drinks, so sometimes the guests of the property have to fight for a spot to dine or drink. In-room dining is consistently good, though I did have to get three people involved when part of my last in-room meal was wrong. I immediately phoned and asked that the incorrect item be removed from the bill, and the person helping me agreed that it would be. At checkout, I saw that the bill hadn’t been adjusted, and the agent at the desk said that the Food and Beverage Manager would have to follow up with me personally in order to get the $15 item removed from a $200 meal. I thought this policy was a bit much—especially since I had been in residence for 3 days by that point. The F&B Manager never followed up as promised, and when I called to speak to the hotel manager, the agent who took my call promptly removed the $15 from my bill. Silly games.

About the Valet
The valet staff does a good job of getting cars down from the garage quickly, and they’re usually friendly about doing so. They have to deal with a constant string of cars coming into the small, narrow driveway, so they should be commended for keeping things moving as happily as they do.

Summing Up
Nine times out of ten, I have stayed at the Grand Bo when travels have taken me to Orlando, so I think the hotel is a solid choice for those who want to be away from the theme parks, yet in a place nicer than a budget hotel. This full-service facility gets the job done, and rates are generally favorable for such a hot-spot of an attraction. And now that it belongs to the Marriott/Autograph collection, you can get your points for staying somewhere off the beaten Disney path.

Date of stay: April 2017