Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #60 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
san diego
Reviewed July 17, 2005

What a wonderful hotel. With the exception of having to use a valet everytime I needed my car, the experience was grand. Beautiful lobby, restaurant and rooms. Other dining options within walking distance. I would definitely recommend this elegant hotel.

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (1,406)

Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2005

I had a wonderful stay at the Westin in June 2005. We stayed at the hotel for a romantic, relaxing weekend and the Westin definitely fulfilled that need. The rooms are quite large and decorated modernly with dark wood furnishings, royal purples and browns, and great art on every wall. The bathroom was luxurious with 2 shower heads (great water pressure), marble countertop, large shower & mirrors, and comfy bathrobes. My room also had a nice table/sofa area and a large tv, but by far my favorite thing was the BED. It was the most comfortable bed ever...tons of pillows, soft sheets, and a great feather comforter.

Our view was of the pool located on top of the parking garage. It was surreal to be swimming around these huge buildings. The pool is a medium size pool with an attached jacuzzi. My only complaint was the jacuzzi was a too hot and it was a bit annoying to be swimming and see pepole watching you from their room. The area is clean and there are lounge chairs to lay out and a shaded area under a canopy w/ chandeliers (a nice touch).

The hotel is located near clubs, bars and resturants in the downtown area, which was nice b/c we could walk everywhere. It is also a few blocks away from Lake Eola, which is a lake in the middle of downtown. It's a nice, relaxing walk around the lake and surprisingly very quiet.

I did find a few negative things about the hotel such as parking, it's ONLY VALET PARKING and it's quite expensive - about $19 a night (more if you have a SUV). There aren't many parking spaces in downtown, so you're forced to park there. The entrance is difficult to find, in the pictures it appears to be on the corner but really it's next to the valet enterance in the back (watch out when you're trying to find it b/c there is bus only lanes and lots of one way streets).

Also something I found a bit annoying was the hotel sponsors an art scholorship and adds $1 to your bill, this was not told to us beforehand and I found out our last day when I got my valet bill. Granted it's only a $1 so you feel obligated to leave it on there, and it does mention if you don't want to participate you can take it out, which by then you feel cheap since it's only $1. It's a "sneaky" way of getting people to contribute, even though it's a worthy cause.

Regardless of a few negative things, I had a wondrful stay there and would recommend it to anyone hoping to have a relaxing stay in Orlando.

• Stayed: June 2005
32  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 4, 2005

I stayed at the Westin Grand Bohemian in Orlando - the hotel was beautiful and perfect for a weekend stay with friends to enjoy downtown. However when I retrieved my car from the valet, several of my designer sunglasses, driving glasses, and CDs were all missing. I drive a Honda Civic (eco-friendly) and couldn't imagine someone from the street breaking into it parked next to a Mercedes and BMW. The hotel advised me that the valet was run by an independent company and was not inclined to assist me. The valet company informed me that I needed proof of the theft and since I don't have surveillance equipment in my car, I had none. Nothing further was done by either the valet company or the hotel which was disappointing considering I just paid to stay in the "best hotel in Orlando" and I live 20 minutes away. If staying there, I would consider self-parking and enjoy one of the most beautiful hotels in the Orlando area.

51  Thank JLorah
Reviewed May 31, 2005

The Westin Grand Bohemian Hotel is truely one of the very best hotels in Downtown Orlando. The hotel was even featured on the Travel Channel and has won many local and national recognitions and awards. The hotel is very upscale but dont let that scare you away, its truely worth the stay. I love the nice decor and fine artwork featured throughout the hotel, there is even an art gallery near the lobby filled with fine artwork including some pretty valuable pieces made by popular artists. The hotel restaurant is another reason why this hotel is so well renowned, especially locally, The Boheme restaurant offers a delishous fine dining experience with nightly live music and also a delishous Sunday brunch. Some of the hotel amenities include a nice roof-top pool, a fully-equipped fitness center, a business center, an upper-level concierge lounge, and much more.. I recommend this hotel to all, especially couples seeking a romantic stay.

• Stayed: January 2005
35  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 24, 2005

Well, what can I say, other than this hotel is rather overrated and *certainly* not worth the asking price. Don't imagine it's cockroach infested or any such thing, its got nice features, the bed for one is absolutely gorgeous. However, I couldn't help but feel there is a certain amount of disingenuity here...

Firstly, take a standard mid-range Orlando hotel, paint on a thin veneer of class (as in add a few framed pictures, throw in some above average furniture), then, add lots of overpriced extras to make people feel like they are staying somewhere super special and voila, you have The Westin Grand Bohemian.

I do understand the building's size & location has limited what they could do with the place, so i'll excuse the tiny low ceilinged corridors. The ice dispensers on every floor feel a little motelish, but thats just being picky.

It's when I enter the bathroom and find that the "Heavenly Bath" they proudly advertise on their website has turned into a "Heavenly Shower", that I begin to feel a little let down. Oh, it's a bath to be sure, but one that would scarcely fit a midget amputee.

I then move to the back of the room and spy a large bottle of Evian water sitting on the desk. "Complimentary! What a wonderful touch." I think to myself, as it is located nowhere near the mini bar, however I am disappointed to find that a $5 price tag hangs from the kneck. After suffering the midday heat of Orlando, this is a cruel blow indeed.

So I take a shower in the Heavenly Shower, and the double shower heads are really doing my body a great service, and after that pleasentness, I slip my body into a bathrobe which I feel I must purchase for myself, because it is *the* best bathrobe that has ever had the pleasure of being wrapped
around my shivering form.

Moving from the bathroom I throw myself onto the bed, sink in, and view the entertainment system that I had used before in La Quinta Inn. "There's that motel feeling again, I guess this place really is for those with more money than sense."

Breakdown:

One night,
Two small bottles of mineral water,

Total cost: approx 360 dollars

• Stayed: May 2005
16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 9, 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Bohemian for a weekend get away. The food was wonderful. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The lounge was so comfortable to sit and enjoy a few drinks. Everyone on staff was very pleasant and friendly. We had a great massage, not your typical hotel massage that they just spread lotion on your back. We would highly recommend the Westin Grand Bohemian to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2005
12  Thank hdefx
Orlando
Reviewed April 23, 2005

Great Hotel and Restaurant. We had a reservation for the hotel and restaurant. We were celebrating our anniversary and the service was great all over. From the check in to the restaurant at dinner everything was flawless. Great food and outstanding service. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Aloft Orlando Downtown
#112 of 340 in Orlando
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!