“Rehearsal Dinner/Room Stay”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #56 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 7, 2009

I stayed at the Grand Bohemian on June 5th 2009 the night before my wedding. We had the rehearsal dinner that night as well at the hotel. What a beautiful and amazing experience! We were in the pool area that evening! It had a canopy to block the rain! what an amazing view from this level! The rehearsal dinner from the staff to the location to the food was excellent! It made the day before my wedding awesome! What a beautiful way to start such an event and biggest day of my life! All the way to starting out my marriage in the beautiful hotel room the night of the wedding to the time we checked out! I would 150% recommend this hotel to everyone! Kim Martinez will make sure that your experience was as awesome as mine!! Thank you Grand Bohemian!

1  Thank Kimianis
GrandBohemianHotel, Sales Coodinator at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2009

The Grand Bohemian Hotel is a beautiful venue for wedding ceremonies and/or receptions. Our Catering Sales and Events team prides themselves on creating beautiful weddings and events that will create memories to last a lifetime. We are pleased to offer both Intimate and Full Scale Wedding Packages.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,396)

Reviewed July 4, 2009

Amazing from start to finish, great service, impeccable accommodations. I went there to view the meeting space for clients and came back hoping to be able to book them over and over again! The staff is welcoming and attentive to details. Rooms are nice, simple, artsy, never overstated. Jazz brunch on Sunday is phenomenal, pricey, but well worth the experience. Rooftop pool is actually an over-sized jaccuzi tub with jets and only 4 ft deep due to bldg restrictions, which I found pretty interesting.

The hotel is situated away from everything Universal and Disney, definitely a great alternative to the family-oriented and themed resorts and hotels that line the streets of Orlando. Smack dab in the middle of a small downtown area; good for walking, trying some restaurants and grabbing a drink at local bars that liven up on the weekends quite nicely.

The art gallery on-site is small but very nice and showcases works from local artists. I don't think it's needed though, the hotel itself serves as it's own art gallery. A trip to the sales office will have you in awe. The celebrities that have visited and left autographed photos are plentiful. If you love to travel, perhaps most exciting is the photo of Samantha Brown hanging proudly in the middle of more prominent stars congratulating the team on a job well done. Who knows hotels better than Samantha Brown right?

This hotel is for those looking for a fresh spin on the usual chain hotels. Kessler properties still maintain their "boutique" status even as they are building other properties in cities around the world. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a new experience in Orlando. The Omni Championsgate, JW/Ritz Orlando Lakes, and Gaylord Palms are all beautiful resorts, but this is a different kind of animal all together. If only once, spend the money to see it for yourself. You'll be glad you did.

Oh and if in Savannah, GA, try another Kessler property Mansion on Forsyth...just as amazing!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank kmcmurray
Reviewed June 28, 2009

This is our second stay at Kessler's Grand Bohemian Hotel in downtown Orlando. My husband and I booked an overnight stay, Saturday, with reservations for the Jazz Brunch at the hotel restaurant, The Boheme, on Sunday to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Since our last overnight stay, three years ago, I have to say the hotel is as lovely as ever, but there are a few areas for improvement. WE paid $138 for a deluxe suite - very affordable for a downtown Orlando 4 1/2 star hotel. I appreciated the discounted price even more after observing a few dissappointents.

The doorman and front desk representative were courteous and efficient upon check-in. I was not thrilled when I read a notice at the front desk stating we would not have access to the swimming pool from 10 AM - 3:00 PM and 4:30 PM - 6 PM. The hotel was having not just one special event, but two that day! Perhaps this is why our room was at such a good rate?

Not ones to dwell on the negative, we proceeded to our room on the 8th floor with a view of the pool. The rooms are spacious with a bedroom and adjoining sitting area and very clean. We had a king bed with plush down bedding and down pillows, a flat screen TV, stocked refrigerator and snack bar, red velvet couch and a desk and chair. The bathroom is very nice with a marble floor, plush terry robes for two, and a double spa type shower head, large vanity and basic toiletries, shampoo/conditioner, soap, lotion were Kessler's brand.

My satisfaction with the room was diminished by the loud thump, thump, thump of the DJ playing top 40 music for the private party at the pool. (I am 44, my husband 51) We are not opposed to people having a good time, especially if they paid the higher rate for a special party, but c'mon!!! We heard the music as clearly as if were there partying with them. Apparently, management tried to keep a control on the sound level as it occassional was turned down, but minutes later was right back up again. So much for taking a nap while waiting for the pool and spa to be free.

The bed was plush and comfortable. We enjoyed the Bose stereo and the compilation CD Kessler provides for their guests to play while visiting. If you like the CD enough you may take it home for $15.95. Unfortunately, we could not hear the TV or the stereo over the DJ until he left.

At 3 PM we went down to the 6th floor to go to the pool and spa and the temperature of the water was heavenly. I was a bit disappointed by the appearance of the pool and spa, both need resurfacing as they are cracked and discolored from patching and wear and tear. In the meantime, the pool surface needs a good scrubbing. The pool lounge chairs are comfortable, but the ivory colored fabric is turning brown and should be replaced...ugh! I put several towels down as I didn't want to lay on dirty lounge chairs. Overall, the pool area needs a facelift.

Although we did not have time to use the exercise equipment in the fitness center, it is very well set up with everything from weights to stair climbers and treadmills with flat screen TVs. They even provide complimentary headphones for their guests. There is not an actual spa on premise, but massage, facials and body treatments are available in room by appointment.

We did order room service for lunch. The order was taken courteously and delivered within 30 minutes. Of course, the price was about $50 for lunch for two, but that is to be expected of room service in an upscale hotel.

The unique theme of this hotel is Kessler's unusual collection of artwork in rooms and all common areas. There is something for people of all artistic tastes. The hotel possesses one of only two Bosendorfer pianos. On Friday and Saturday evenings, the hotel lounge is a popular place for a cocktail live jazz from 8 PM- 10:30 PM. My cocktail recommendation: The Pomegranite martini is delicious! My husband loves that Crown Royal Reserve is served here.

The hotel is very clean throughout with one peculiar housekeeping oversight to mention. Many of the doors in the hotel require a good cleaning as they have fingerprints and other dirt on them. It was a strange oversight that I found on our room door, the bathroom door and on several doors in the common areas.

We have frequented the hotel lounge of this artsy, eclectic hotel over the last six years and always have a good time. There was a wonderful love seat in the corner we found with a spacious marble coffee table. From here we could hear the jazz from the other room quite clearly and also do some people watching. The lounge also offers the full room service menu if you care to eat while enjoying a cocktail or two.

We have enjoyed the Sunday Jazz Brunch before and enjoyed it just as well today. At $50 a person, it is pricey, but it is a unique brunch with live piano jazz, unlimited champagne and mimosas, shrimp, crab legs, sushi, and several signature meat dishes along with carved ham and new york strip.

All in all, we had a fantastic week-end and will return in a year or so. I hope to find a newly refurbished pool, spa, and deck when we return:)

3  Thank Moonbeam929
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I will have to say that my expectations were high coming to the Grand Bohemian because of all the great reviews on Trip Advisor. Honestly, we didn't think it was up to the standards we expected.

Valet-fantastic, but expensive. $20/night but that's expected for any downtown hotel.

Check in-uneventful-however, they told us the pool would be closed for 4 hours during prime time on Saturday!!! Yes, it was...they apparently schedule events up at the pool, which in my opinion is pretty inconvenient when you are paying for amenities.

Pool-Nice, again...they closed it for an event on Saturday afternoon. There is NO pool bar. The look at the pool is nice; however, the white lawnchairs are getting brown, etc. Needs a touch up here.

Fitness Center-small but nice.

Rooms--they were nice, again nothing spectacular. Don't expect a 5 star Ritz Carlton or 4 Seasons...it's not like that here. The eclectic art is very interesting---a great touch. There was a purple couch in our room! Shower/Bathroom were great-. Everything very clean. Bathroom Amenities nice & we enjoyed that they brewed Starbucks.

Bar--very nice, modern. We enjoyed this very much. Very cool lite up menu.

Room Service--very good, but expensive. $50 for 2 people. Again, we realize we're going to pay more staying here but $50 for breakfast food is pretty steep.

TRY: Wall Street, Spice & Eola Wine Co.

1  Thank LegoJoe
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I was impressed by the staff at this hotel. Very caring and professional. When I had a special request, Jose made it happen. I would visit again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2009

From start to finish, everything was handled well. The front desk was friendly--and extremely professional. The cost of the parking by valet was $20 a day, but worth every penny. We were treated like royalty--and after only one day, the staff was calling us by our name. The beds were soft, plush, and comfy, and the nightlife in and outside the hotel was wonderful. The lounge is great, and the jazz combo was top class. We loved our stay and will be back.

1  Thank vrob125
Reviewed June 4, 2009

I attended a conference that was extended a great price. Valet and check-in were professional and expedient. Bellman Extaordinaire, Jose, recognized me in the entrance hall during a break in the conference and brought my luggage to my room. We had a great conference and loved the amentities.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Aloft Orlando Downtown
#114 of 341 in Orlando
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!