Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #43 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Trendy hotel in downtown area. NBA players stayed there because it was just two blocks from the stadium. Great location for dinning, bars, and night life. Nice clean room however, water temperature in shower was impossible to set and sometimes took minutes to warm. Staff very nice but seemed inexperienced and unsure. Housemaid kept parking she service cart right outside our door.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank PrimoKimo
There are newer reviews for Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed over a long weekend to attend concert at nearby Amway Center. A road trip from our home that usually takes 4.5 hours took almost 10 due to mechanical problems and traffic. Upon arrival we were greeted by Bryan Perez who listened to our tale of woe sympathetically and later surprised us with a wine a cheese platter left in our room with a lovely, hand-written card. The room was beautifully appointed and very comfortable. The spa was on-property, reasonably priced an relaxing. The pool are was well kept and inviting. A great visit made better by wonderful staff and exquisite surroundings. Look out Mickey and Minnie, we have a new provider of hospitality when we visit Orlando!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mccorfield
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is super clean (which I am very hard to please in this area), walking distance to everything, bars, restaurants, Thornton park. The hotel interior is super cool and a nice change from most generic hotels. Very friendly staff and one amazing Sunday brunch. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Amy D, Front Office Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando. We are a unique experience in "art and music" in the downtown Orlando area. We hope you will always think of us when you are in Central Florida.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This feels like a boutique hotel even though connected to a larger chain. There is lots of artwork displayed (and for sale) throughout the location. It's definitely an interesting location -- certainly not what I expected for downtown Orlando. The beds were awesome and the rooms quiet and comfortable. Having said that, I enjoyed my stay but don't know if it was worth the price for Orlando.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

We are happy you enjoyed your time at our Hotel. When you return, please contact our Gallery Director for a complimentary art tour of the Hotel's unique art work. We appreciate your patronage.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I was totally surprised when I walked into this hotel.....suddenly I was no longer in Orlando, I was in New Orleans.....or Manhattan's East Village! Wow, the amazing art work displayed on all floors, the very sexy and arty lobby......room was luxury and comfort combined with chic taste. Bedding luxurious and bed super-comfy. Front desk staff were all incredibly welcoming and friendly , and all staff went out of their way to be courteous and kind. Location of hotel perfect and valet parking was excellently managed. My only complaint is lighting in bathroom was not bright enough for me. Other than this one small minus........love love love this hotel, can not wait to return, and I will !!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

We are so happy you enjoyed your "experience in Art and Music". We warmly welcome you back and hope you will enjoy our live Jazz brunch on Sundays, in The Boheme.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

The style of this hotel is certainly eclectic - it hits you from the time you enter the lobby which is styled in red and is only an introduction to the hotel which has interesting artwork all throughout.

The check in experience was not great - got there at 2pm and was told that the room was not ready. After demanding to speak to the manager miraculously a room was available and then onwards the check in was smooth.

Room size is good, king size bed, a desk on the side and a full size couch as well. Bathroom size is ok. Products in the bathroom were average and there was no shower cap.

The restaurant was very good and would recommend this - especially the chilean sea bass. Wine selection was decent and service in the restaurant was good.

The conference facilities were spacious and technology worked.

The artwork and styling of this hotel is certainly interesting and differentiated, otherwise average.

Room Tip: top floor which has breakfast included
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for this review. We're happy you recognized the uniqueness of our property and are thrilled that the staff was able to accomodate you with a room two hours prior to check in time. Our goal is to provide excellent guest service. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Previous reviews have read that this was a fun, hip place “W” -esque - The somewhat bordello velvety interior looked interesting in others photos.

Reality the hotel is located in the business district, but was chosen for proximity to the venue where we needed to be that night.

The entry is awkward, only through the porte-cochere, perhaps not the safest if you’re on foot as we were. No real lobby its a very small space, almost European.

The neighborhood changes significantly after 7PM went from nicely dressed folks before to beggars and other oddities less than a block from the hotel.

I think the hotels awareness of the area is why the elevators are locked down and require room key access to operate.

The art in the hotel is interesting, gives the place a distinctly non corporate feel, while its not all my taste I did appreciate all the effort that goes into the collection.

The standard room itself was spacious, I was taken aback by just how television bordello like the velvet headboard and sofa were - (weird black light and “Dateline” imagery playing in my head)

Functionally the room was poor - hidden outlets near the bed, so I had to move furniture and move plugs just to charge the damn cell phone. Super important too since there wasn't a clock on either side of the bed.

There was an in room, Bose Soundwave CD Player with a remote - it had a clock too - but was located in a different zip code so useless. While on that subject… perhaps a cable that would allow guests to use their own devices with the Bose? I travel with a double ended headphone jack that works in planes, trains and automobiles, but the Bose requires an RCA jack.

Was pleased by all the available counter space in the bathroom. Not so happy with the weak pressure from the shower head.

What the heck is up with hotels putting a single robe in a room?

The housekeeping staff is to be commended, everything was amazingly clean - perfectly straight. No room service trays left laying about hallways.

As others have mentioned the noise from the pool area in the evening can be troublesome, there was an event poolside on a Monday night, and while we clearly heard voices and music on the 10th floor - they were gone by the time we returned at 11PM.

While I have noted that the hotel is in the business district, it seems town rolls up at midnight, thinking we wanted a drink we went down to the lobby bar and was told they were closed - but I could order what I wanted from room service - So we went off into the night to find adult beverages a lost cause in the area.

So back to the hotel for the mini bar. I’m an adult (50) I realise that the mini bar is a profit center so I was ok with a $7 mini of Vodka that costs $3 at retail and likely $1.25 at wholesale .

What I wasn't ok with was the “restocking fee” . Price it at what you need to for the profit you want. Don’t hide things like “restocking” fees. Backing out the stated price from the net price looks like 20%

Would I stay again? Likely not. Too many idiosyncrasies for this property. a lot of “STYLE” over substance.

Room Tip: Avoid pool views if you sleep early
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Amy D, Front Office Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for your observations. We are indeed a boutique hotel located in the heart of downtown Orlando certainly an "experience in art and music". We offer a unique style for Orlando and boast a live Jazz offering on the weekends in the Bosendorfer Lounge. We hope you will return when your travels bring you to Orlando and also enjoy our famous Sunday Jazz Brunch and wonferful offerings in The Boheme.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Aloft Orlando Downtown
#105 of 340 in Orlando
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!