“What an amazing TEAM.......”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #45 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Cocoa Beach, Florida, USA
“What an amazing TEAM.......”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I have to tell you, I've been in the hotel and restaurant industry for quite some time. I've traveled the globe. My best friend owns the number one restaurant in Cocoa Beach, Fl. We came to the conclusion that every single staff member we encountered was amazing. There are just too many to remember. Management thank you for an amazing team you've built.

Please keep up the great work.

P.S.- extra thank you too the guest service agents that charged my phone all night.

-ADR

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed at the Grand Bo because of a wedding we attended at the hotel. We were able to check in a little early to change for the festivities. The ceremony was conducted poolside on a roof. The reception was in a large ballroom and was beautiful. The room was luxiorious and comfortable, with mini bar, Hdtv and bath robes provided. The bed was terrific and the in room coffee was Starbucks! All in all, a great stay in a Grand hotel. BTW, the Miami Heat basketball team was also staying there when we were there.

Room Tip: Book early.
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The hotel was absolutely fantastic and we enjoyed our stay tremendously. Your staff is by far the most professional, friendly staff I have ever come across! We had such a wonderful time. The rooms are spacious, the decor is upscale, the in-house Starbucks is a bonus. There are great little "golf-cart" cabs that make getting around so simple. Thank you for a great experience!

Annapolis, Maryland, United States
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was my second stay at the Grand Bohemian. The location is excellent re. proximity to Orlando nightlife, highways, etc. It always seems like a happening place (last time I was here, tons of NBA players were here, this time all of the Miami Heat players were here). The hotel is busy, hip and beautiful. The pool area is gorgeous, and so are the skyline views. The beds are extremely comfortable (every bit as good as a 'heavenly bed').

That said, for a property of this caliber, I would expect more from the staff, the room appointments, and the amenities.

When I arrived for this particular stay, our reservation was non-existent... Like "lost." Luckily, I could book another room, as the hotel was not full. The front desk did nothing to try and rectify or sort out the lost reservation... Nothing. (Generally, in my experience, when a high-end hotel makes a mistake, they try very hard to make up for it.)

When we re-booked, they charged us the rack rate, rather than the lower rate we had originally secured. (My friend is going to try and call and rectify this, but in my opinion, this could have and should have been handled on the spot.) To top it off, we were supposed to stay two nights, and (even with this second booking) they messed that up too.

So, the reservation trouble was disappointing, especially considering that I was in town for a close friend's wedding -- and this was the bride's own room! This is the last sort of thing a bride needs the night before her wedding.

The rooms are very dim (great for romance, horrible for doing wedding make up). And the telephones (to call in house to concierge, etc. are outdated and confusing). The bathroom, while spacious, lacks anything special (the shower/tub is typical of any decent hotel). Guests are "nickel and dimed" for basic things (like a bottle of water is $6).

I might stay here again due to the comfortable beds and convenient location, but I will probably explore other downtown opportunities with better price points and (hopefully) better customer service.

Room Tip: There are corner rooms that overlook the pool. These are quite beautiful. The highest floors have ni...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Amy D, Front Office Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the check in procedure being a challenge. We will be using this information to further train our Front Desk Agents. We thank you for giving us the opportunity. We are glad you enjoyed time with your friends and family for this happy occasion. We hope you will return when you are in the area.
Bratislava Region, Slovakia
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

The brunch at the restaurant was simply perfect. Great value for the amount and quality of the food that you get.
Really convenient place if you are at downtown Orlando, and the rooms really comfortable.
For the value of the rooms is crazy that Wifi is not included.

• Stayed January 2014
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel is nice but was shocked about level of poor service in the bar.

I asked a bartender to wipe a table off, that was dirty. She ignored my request twice and then walk away without cleaning table or taking our order. I was further shocked that she joked to another staff member about her walking away and then they both laughed. This behavior really shocked me from this level of hotel. I spend a lot of nights in hotels and cannot remember receiving this level of rudeness while at any hotel. All other staff was good but food and beverage was poor. I never heard back from F and B management after reporting the behavior of bar staff.

I will avoid this hotel after this experience. Too many hotels to have these type of experiences.

3 Thank LLBCDE
First, please allow me apologize for the behavior of our Grand Performer. Certainly, this is not the type of service we are known for in the hospitality community. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further in this regard for more details. Please call me directly at your earliest convenience. I would appreciate the opportunity to “win you back”
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed January 2, 2014

You can walk almost everywhere great to eat, drink and dance in Downtown Orlando. The hotel is beautiful - the artwork adds that special touch. I enjoyed visiting the gallery/boutique. I got a great deal through expedia to stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel. Please know our Art Gallery Director would love to host you for an art tour the next time you visit. We appreciate your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Aloft Orlando Downtown
#96 of 337 in Orlando
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!