“Love this Orlando hotel!”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #49 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, Illinois, USA
“Love this Orlando hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Bohemian in Orlando a few times and it's always spectacular. I recently stayed there after a concert at the Amway Center so the location was perfect! The staff is so nice from the valet guys to the front desk check in. I love that it's a Marriott property and can use/earn points. Love love this place!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate your kind words and hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

I always feel the best way to judge hotel is how they treat you when something goes wrong. I had the very great pleasure of staying at the Grand Bohemian on October 31. When I checked in, I mentioned to the front desk clerk, Edwin (I hope I have remembered his name correctly), that I had a negative experience in January when I was a speaker at an event held at the hotel (there was a miscommunication as to the date of my reservation, and I had to be moved to another hotel). Edwin took the initiative to make sure I had a terrific experience on this visit by upgrading me to a suite. I had an outstanding visit as a result and have heartily recommendeded the hotel to others since.

I am a very frequent traveler (both Marriott Gold and Hilton Diamond level at the same time), and I really appreciate a hotel that not only treats me like a guest not a customer, but also understands the difference.

Beyond the terrific staff, the rooms are beautiful, and the hallways are elegant with unusually nice (and interesting) original art. As a business traveler, the quality of room service and access to a good exercise facility are of paramount importance. The room service dinner was excellent, chosen from a menu that was varied and interesting. The exercise room had top notch equipment, and although I did not use the outdoor pool, it was exceptionally pretty. The concierge room, another important feature for me, was very nice, well above the typical space at this level hotel.

All in all, a great stay at a great hotel. I look forward to future visits.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at the Grand Bohemian Hotel – Orlando. We are glad Edwin took great care of you. Our staff is always “at your service”. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Enjoyed this hotel for so many reasons. It really stands out above the rest as eccentric and fun. It is not only in the perfect location downtown but also just staying there was an experience within the walls. The Art is awesome all over the hotel and I found myself just wandering around the halls in the morning with my Starbucks coffee *(attached location) gawking! Had a private art tour which was fun too. Walked out buying some Thomas Arvid Wine art and love my entire experience. Try it out and have a great night out!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
We are so happy you enjoyed your experience in “ART and MUSIC”. Our Grand Bohemian Gallery is a wonderful place to indulge your senses in many art forms. We are so happy you made a purchase for your memory to “last a lifetime”. Hope to see you again in the near future and please remember to contact the Gallery to be added to their mailing list for all the Artist’s Receptions during the year.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent a long weekend here for his birthday, staff was extremely friendly and helped me put together some last minute birthday surprises. The room was very spacious, had great views, and the beds were so comfy it made getting out of them almost painuful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your taking the time to share your great review! We do special occasions beautifully. We are so happy you were pleased. We hope you return again to celebrate another life event.
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have been staying at the Grand Bohemian for business trips in Orlando for the past few years. I had great experiences until the last six months where I have seen a steady decline in upkeep and service. They charge a lot of money considering it is Orlando (my good and generous corporate rate is $199 a night, but with taxes and mandatory valet it ends up closer to $250 a night.). During my stay this summer, I found a moldy, blackened, half-eaten banana underneath the sofa in my room (why wouldn't they vacuum and check under the sofa after check-outs?) and lots of dust on the desk/sidetables. I didn't think twice, just thinking housekeeping must have had a bad week. I also had internet problems, but I chalked it up to bad weather in Florida during the rainy time. Oops I made excuses for them and should not have. During my December stay, my room was on the high floor. The bathroom had hair on the tile floor from the previous guest and the caulking @ the bathtub was old and not up to par at a so-called "luxury" hotel. There were water or cleaning product spray stains on the outside of the bathroom door. The internet service is spotty in the rooms in some parts of the hotel. Even the guest relations and front desk staff admit this. Again, if they weren't trying to be a business/luxury hotel, I wouldn't care. That said, they do try to help you when the internet doesn't work by re-setting the routers near individual rooms,just annoying that in the year 2013 we have to call and play @ with it. GOGO in-flight at 10-thousand feet is easier. What annoyed me the most is the sloppiness: for example, housekeeping removed a dish from my room and left it on the floor outside my room door around 1pm. I came in and out of my room during the day to find the plate still in front of my door at 6pm. I called to have it removed and they said they would. By 10pm after leaving and returning again...alas, the plate was still there. If a celebrity were staying in my room, as celebrities/big name athletes often stay here, would they actually leave the dirty dish out front of the room??? No. Oh and I cant forget the tv and the coffee maker. I called because the tv wasn't working. They told me someone would be up in 15 minutes to a half-hour. Nobody even called, nor showed up. I overlooked that, not wanting to be a complainer and finally got the tv to work by turning it on and off a bunch of times. The coffee maker in the bathroom didnt work either. That wasn't the first time that happened. Oh and note to guests staying overlooking the pool---the music is very loud some days, and they can start playing music by the pool in the am. You have to call the front desk to have it turned down. Again, just little annoyances that make it not as good as a Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, or Intercontinental. Having guest services call my room at 11pm to ask me about my complaints that I had voiced- is exactly what's gone wrong with this hotel. A note and a complimentary glass of wine would have been better....or even a phonecall the next day. #richwhitepeopleproblems##, YES....but just make sure that if you are spending your hard-earned $$ that you get what you pay for---and these little disturbances drop it down a notch.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank M E
We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered while you were our guest. We would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly and offer recovery to you as our loyal guest. Certainly it is our goal to provide extraordinary service, each and every guest, every day. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. We appreciate your taking the time to provide this information to us so we can go from “good to great”.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I spent 4 days at this hotel on vacation with my family (wife and 2 teenage kids). We had 2 queen beds on the concierge floor. I was very happy with the stay overall. The staff, from the valets to the bell desk to the waitresses in the restaurant lounge and concierge lounge were very polite and helpful. The room was big enough for the 4 of us ... not very large but roomy enough for us to hang out in for short periods of time. The bathroom was older but clean and everything worked well. The beds were very comfortable. The internet in the hotel was kind of slow but was okay for us since I was not working. The TV was kind of small for the room but adequate. Overall, a very good stay and I would definitely go back if I'm in Orlando again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We are so happy you enjoyed your experience in “art and music”, with us. We hope we will be your first choice when you are in the Central Florida area.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Fantastic hotel in the heart of downtown Orlando. Walking distance to Amway Center and Church Street Station. Staff exceeds all expectations! The lounge is warm and cozy and the Sunday brunch is probably the best I've ever seen in my life. Stay for brunch and come hungry! Live jazz music while you eat; food is amazing! The hotel is home to 100's of pieces of original artwork - all for sale. There's something for every art lover. The beds are plush and linens perfect to slide into. Rooms are very quiet at night and great for sleeping. Had the opportunity to meet the general manager and I've never felt so welcome in any hotel - very accommodating and friendly. The reception desk is staffed with friendly, happy people who were eager to help me throughout the weekend. I have no idea where my car was valeted but it appeared in only minutes of asking for it! Fantastic, extremely comfortable hotel stay. The only place I'll stay in Orlando.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
We appreciate your lovely review of our hotel, brunch and staff. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to always be “at your service” when you are in the Central Florida area.