“Style and Class”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #57 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Great Rooms, Artwork, Classy Staff. Best hotel in dowtown Orlando. Professional BB Teams stay here when they play the Magic. Downtown Orlando more fun then you may think! Also worth the commute if going to the attrations, for the family that wants a little culture mixed with the "carnival" type atmosphere around the theme parks. Stayed there during marriage at Citrus Club, and went back several times. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vincm98
Write a ReviewReviews (1,407)

Reviewed June 9, 2008

I booked this hotel as part of a Valentine's Day gift to my husband. I purchased tickets to a concert and decided to treat him (and myself) to a nice hotel in downtown Orlando. I received every bit of my money's worth! The hotel was outstanding - very luxurious. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive - even when we ordered room service at 3 AM. If you want a 5-star hotel in downtown Orlando that is close to everything (my husband and I didn't have to go further than a mile away from the hotel for anything), then this is your spot!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NJones28
Reviewed June 7, 2008

We thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. The staff was exceptionally friendly. Everything was spotless. The decor is unique. The food in the restaurant was fantastic. When we stay in downtown Orlando, this is where we will be sure to return.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2008

I reviewed the Grand Bohemian previously on March 28th. I returned to Orlando this week and decided to stay here again.

It is still my favorite Orlando hotel.

Some pluses & minuses:

(+) The room was spotless, well furnished, and nicely sized.

(-) I had some trouble controlling the temperature. It took me three attempts to find a setting that made the room comfortable for me. How about a thermostat with an actual temperature setting?

(-) As others have mentioned, the TV ought to be upgraded.

(+) The valet parking was quick and friendly

(-) I felt like an idiot parking my Ford Focus rental after seeing Audi's, Porshe's, and Mercedes all over the place.

(+) The bar makes a fantastic white chocolate chocolatini. It was slightly entertaining to sit in the corner and watch some couple make out at the bar. It was even more interesting to watch them leave the bar and take their make-out session into the bathroom.

(-) The wireless internet was horrible. I had to call the front desk to get it up and running (a first for me). They had to call their IT department who had to reset the access points. Once connected, the service was spotty and slow.

(+) The ambiance and atmosphere is unique and a joy.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank gcmanke2
Reviewed May 24, 2008

The Grand Bohemian seems to be the hallmark luxury hotel of the downtown Orlando area. Not at all to say it is THE place to stay in the city, but probably the best option for downtown. I like the overall aura/décor and by enlarge the service is what one might expect from a four star establishment. My only issues were with individual employees who struck me as incompetent. I went to smoke a cigarette by the pool one night at around 11 and security bothered me whining about how the pool closed at 11. Another instance was some less than satisfactory services at the Boheme resturant , but I do believe that was.the exception rather than the norm. These inequities were far offset by the many other outstanding staff members. Principally among them I would place the gracious bell captian Jose. From the time I exited the car at arrival he has stopped at no length to ensure my comfort. Overall I'd rank the Grand Bohemian about a 8 or 8.5 our of 10 for a downtown type hotel, and probably the best in Orlando.

Oh yeah and the really need some flatscreens the tvs are from like 1996

• Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank I95RIDA
Reviewed May 22, 2008

What a very very sexy hotel. Lovely sumptuous colours and textures. A little noisy given the roads below but well worth a visit. Expedia offers rooms at $ 150 a night so you cannot complain. Sheer bargin

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2008

Went for a birthday get-away on our way to Tampa. Chose hotel after reading reviews, and liked the idea of the jazz bar. Unfortunately, we have to agree with the review by JAXTRVLR. The room was very ordinary. There was not even a flat-screen TV which does not jibe with the image they are trying to portray. The TV cabinet was deep, and there was not much room between the cabinet and the foot of the bed. The hotel touts their art work, but the pictures in the room were cheap, dated prints. The bathroom was ordinary. No separate shower nor enclosed commode. Only 3 towels were provided. Very basic amenities. The soundproofing was inadequate. Not only could we hear groups of noisy people in the hallway at all hours, we could even hear the ice machine. They advertise they do not rent rooms to people under 21, but we encountered very young people in the elevator in sloppy clothes, carrying on loudly and drinking alcohol. We had a reservation at the dining room for 8 PM, but found it empty except for one couple. Thinking that was not a very promising sign, we decided to go elsewhere. The small pool area was closed for a private function. The function board indicated many more future private events at the pool, depriving the hotel guest of an expected amenity. As JAXTRVLR mentioned, the car entry is very awkward and congested. The hotel does not compare to the Kessler property in Savannah. It is more a typical 2 1/2 or 3* business hotel. At over $200, we did not feel it was worthwhile. Would rather have paid a bit more for Hyatt Grand Cypress or Ritz Carlton. When we told our friends in Tampa where we had stayed, they said, "We don't like that hotel. It is very odd."

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Aloft Orlando Downtown
#113 of 340 in Orlando
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
Marriott Orlando Downtown
#269 of 340 in Orlando
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!