“wedding weekend accommodations at The Grand Bohemian”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #50 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“wedding weekend accommodations at The Grand Bohemian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed at The Grand Bohemian the night before and the night of my wedding, in a one-bedroom suite on their Club level. Their staff was truly wonderful, from the front desk service to the valets and porters and everyone in between. The hotel was gorgeous and very classy and modern. One of their bellmen even helped hang up my wedding dress when we arrived to the room and loaded and unloaded countless amounts of bags and wedding supplies to and from the suite. My only complaint is how thin their walls are. That really is an issue for them throughout the hotel, as guests can hear each other talking normally in the next room over on multiple levels throughout the hotel, even resulting in us receiving a noise violation the night before my wedding, for calm conversation between my girlfriends and I. For such an amazing hotel and one of the most upscale venues in the Orlando area, I hope they invest to add additional noise insulation, for the benefit of all of their guests. Other than that, I would highly recommend this hotel for any and all occasions in the Orlando area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy D, Front Office Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Congratulations on your recent wedding! We are very happy you chose us to spend your wedding night and that we were able to be part of your special ocassion. We have taken into consideration your comment and thank you for taking the time to share. We hope you come back to celebrate your anniversaries!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel certainly has some flair. Wild art and bizarre center pieces plaster every square inch. But while appearances may be out of the ordinary, the service and quality remains run of the mill for this high end hotels.

The location is less than idea if you're going to Orlando for vacation, the city core is pretty dead.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your taking the time to review your stay at our property! We are the premier hotel for the business traveler in Downtown Orlando. We are certainly not in the theme park tourist area, but downtown Orlando has a lot to offer to visitors. We hope you stay with us again.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel stay would have been fine the location is great the view is nice. But much to my surprise I received a phone call about 4 hrs after I checked out being informed that I was going to be charged a $250 fee for smoking. Based only on the fact that they smelled it on the furniture which is mostly wood. I pleaded my case with all facts and was basically called a liar because I still got charged. Just want to say BEWARE if a housekeepers nose smells smoke on wood (not possible) you WILL be charged

• Stayed April 2013
7 Thank Iyanah2000
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
All of our guest rooms are non smoking. Unfortunately, with our velvet drapes and couch along with our luxurious bedding, cigarette smoke is damaging to these materials. We must completely deodorize and sanitize rooms which have cigarette odor. We want all of our guests to enjoy a pleasant experience at our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please call me directly at 407-581-4916. Thank you
ft.lauderdale, florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Great location and overall hotel. Eceptional staff, different than most local hotels. Great bar and lounge, make sure you go to HH and listen to jazz band play rare piano in lounge.
Dinner was ok, service was not up tp par with other aspects of restaurant. Bit overpriced but easy if staying onsite. Nice to look at all the art

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your great review. We are so glad when our guests enjoy our “experience in Art and Music”. Please come back soon and try our Sunday Jazz Brunch.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed one night this week for a business meeting. The room was comfortable, spacious and well appointed. I had a view of the pool area which can be noisy at certain time, although I was not bothered at all by noise. The room was quite humid, I kept cranking up the A/C and did get comfortable. The meeting spaces on the fifth floor are second to none. We were given a Walkie talkie with which to summon help if needed. I have not seen this before and we all thought it quite effective.

Room Tip: Ask for view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We are so glad you had a nice experience for your meeting. We are also a great location for a “local getaway”. We hope you will return soon as a leisure traveler.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

First, let me say that I travel constantly for work so I am very tough when it comes to reviewing my hotel stays.

With that being said, I just don't understand the negative reviews for this hotel. The hotel was well above average, convenient to downtown and the decor was a nice change from the standard chain hotels.

Check-in was very quick, although valet parking was not as efficient as it could have been. Perhaps if they opened two valet lanes to serve incoming traffic instead of using the other lanes to park the "nice" cars, it could have been faster.

I was given a standard room on the 8th floor (street side) and I did not hear any traffic noise that other reviewers complained about. The room was also very large for a "standard" room and nicely appointed. Although the hotel is not new, it was still very clean and in nice shape.

I ate at the bar the first night and the escargot was excellent. The service was very fast and the bartender, Chelsea, was very pleasant.

The pool is only 3 1/2 feet deep, but it is heated with a hot tub. I would be nice if you could get a drink by the pool. The gym was also well equipped.

I ate lunch at the restaurant the next day and the food was just average. Yes, the food and the drinks are expensive at the Grand Bohemian but it is an upscale hotel in downtown Orlando! You don't go there expecting it to be budget friendly.

My only real complaints are the valet fee ($24) and that there was no free water in the room. $5.95 for bottled water is insulting. Wifi was $9.95 for 24 hours.

All in all, the GB is a nice choice for a business traveler and there are really only nit-picky things to complain about.

I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your review! We are the premier hotel for the business traveler in Downtown Orlando. Thank you for being our guest and we hope you will return soon
Seminole, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I can begin by saying that the hotel is upscale in its decoration theme. They have a lot of pluses. The number one is that you can bring your small pet for a hefty $150.00 sanitiation fee. The other is that they have starbucks coffee in the room complimentary. They upgraded us to a jacuzzi suite which was fabulous. Its kind of weird though that there are doors that open into the bedroom from the tub/bathroom and your significant other can hear everything that you are doing in the bathroom. The pool area is nice but small. The biggest issue was the concierge lounge. There was a taylor swift concert on our Friday arrival. The parents let all of their kids go into the concierge lounge and play games and eat and touch all the food. It was a nightmare. Kids galore. I left mine at home knowing I was going to be at a four star hotel. The hotel was not prepared and it was downright awful. We complained at the bar when we left the lounge and the bartender was wonderful she even agreed to comp us appetizers. The two ladies that tend bar at this hotel are great. The next morning instead of checking out and going home the parents decided to let the kids swim at the pool. They were everywhere splashing and carrying on. Reality is that it was a four star plus hotel that seemed more like a holiday inn. The pool area is very small to begin with. There were only 2 chairs left and it was 10 am. Let alone, again the concierge lounge for breakfast was so busy not a chair was open. Very disappointed in our stay. While at the pool, I happened to see a lady checking on things. Upon my approach to her she was very understanding, relayed that the executive staff had been informed of the situation. Apparently, we weren't the only ones who had complained. We were there for a wedding on Saturday night and just wanted to enjoy our time there. When we returned to our room she had sent a bottle of champagne as a result of our inconvenience. That was a very nice gesture and still showed the hotel staff wanted to apologize. That was very high class. The wedding was at the pool and it was beautiful. They were outstanding with coordination. Overall, the hotel front desk staff and valet were of the highest caliber. Maid service seemed to be struggling on the sold out night and day after. There were maid carts in the halls until the afternoon. If I am in Florida again, I may or may not stay here - if I were seeing a concert I probably would. It is right in the heart of downtown Orlando and there isn't much around. There is a starbucks in the hotel. The drinks at the bar and pool are expensive and dinner was 70.00 - we had a bottle of wine included in that price. They really need to fix the concierge lounge it is supposed to cater to their elite members but feels more like an extended stay hotel free breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the road side. There was a car show on Sunday morning and we heard all of the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We apologize for our guests being loud and intrusive during your stay with us. We hope you will return to us soon and allow us to provide the extraordinary service which we are known for in the industry. We are happy you enjoyed the wedding and our champagne as a token of our apology.