“Very good business-boutique hotel in a great location”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #46 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good business-boutique hotel in a great location”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

PROS: location, ambience, service, room size, rooftop swimming pool, chic lounge.

CONS: so-so restaurant, Wi-Fi isn’t complimentary.

I stayed four nights while in town for business. I don’t know Orlando well but this hotel seemed to be in the center of the best of downtown. I did not rent a car, yet I was able to walk to my conference, stroll through beautiful Eola Lake Park, and avail myself to more restaurants and bars than I knew what to do with.

Grand Bohemian is a higher-end business hotel with a boutique finish, great amenities, and an attentive staff. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and the bathrooms are private. By private I mean there are no glass walls or panels separating the bathroom from the bedroom, a most unfortunate hotel design trend of late.

I swam laps in the pool before work and yes, it’s definitely large enough to provide a good workout and a fantastic option in addition to the standard fitness center that most hotels provide. It’s also set up for pool-side bar and food service during busier times. Best of all the pool is heated, so even though the weather was unseasonably cold during my stay I was able to take advantage of the pool.

My only complaints were with the hotel restaurant, The Boheme, and the WiFi policy. For dinner I was dissatisfied by the Lamb T bone ($28), which contained considerably more bone and fat than meat. My breakfast the next morning, a turkey and brie benedict ($13) was much better, but eggs are pretty easy after all. Prices were reasonable for this category, but I wasn’t sold on the quality.

As for the à la carte Wi-Fi ($10/day), don’t pay for it. It was so sluggish as not be worth it at any price. My coworker and I marvel over the irony that budget hotels tend to provide Wi-Fi for free, while luxury hotels tend to charge extra for it. However, they do stock the rooms with a single-serving coffee brewer and Starbucks coffee, so hats off to that.

Their Bösendorfer Lounge, which provides live entertainment some nights, is a sexily styled place to enjoy drinks and conversation with friends, but points off for the flat screen TVs tuned to ESPN. It’s a very short path from sexy lounge to sports bar, and there is probably more value in being regarded as the former.

Room Tip: The pool is on the 6th floor. Ask for a room a few floor higher than that but facing the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your experience! I apologize for the sluggish internet, we are often able to troubleshoot these problems if you let us know. Thank you for your patronage and we hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very fancy and upper class. Service was A1. Restaurant had great food and very prices were very reasonably. Starbucks in the lobby. Best coffee in the room I ever had. Will return when in town. My stay was Feb. 10 to 15 2013

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Amy D, DIrector of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We are so glad your enjoyed your time at the Grand Bohemian Hotel – Orlando and our fabulous restaurant, The Boheme. Yes, Starbucks is a delight attached to our Hotel!! Please return again soon!
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Staying for one night and enjoying the luxury of the hotel was the goal but we were in a small car accident the day prior to arrival and needed the spa / massage services to try to ease the neck pain of being rear ended (2 days after our wedding, mind you). We booked a couples massage and VOILA! That did the trick and totally made our slight neck & shoulder pains disappear. So, our lastingimpression is that the location of the hotel is top notch, the services & staff were even better!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
WOW, what a testament to our wonderful Poseidon Spa, thank you for that recommendation. We are happy you enjoyed our time with us. We hope you will return soon.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a Great hotel, with amazingly friendly staff, a wonderful location and the food is superb!

Their rooftop event space is to die for!

And the Best part is they have a starbucks on sight for that early morning pick- me up.

Great job to the staff, and especially the chef. Every meal we had exceeded our expectations!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your review and we are very happy you enjoyed your time with us. Our rooftop pool and gardens is a quite relaxing place for our discerning guests. We look forward to your return!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Orlando is not known for its interesting hotels, however, this hotel breaks that stereotype. I felt like we were in Madrid or Istanbul. The entrance is very classy - an elegant way to greet guests. The whole hotel is decorated in a very non-traditional way: deep, intense colors and lots of interesting non-hotel-looking and unique art. If you like a calming oasis - this is not the hotel for you. If you like something out of the ordinary and something interesting to look at at every turn, then this is your hotel. Room was the same - interesting, funky, stylish. This is now my favorite hotel in Orando. I also like the non-Disneyesque downtown location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We are so glad you found the Grand Bohemian Hotel –Orlando. We are “an experience in art and music”. Our Bohemian-style is definitely different from other Hotels in our area. We also offer a wonderful tour of our art work. You may contact our Gallery for times that would fit your schedule when you stay with us in the future!
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I recently stayed here for a business trip. The rooms are very generously sized and styled with luxe modern decor. The hotel is likely the nicest hotel in downtown Orlando. They have tastefully curated the hotel with good art. The hotel restaurant/bar are very nice. The staff was helpful and accommodating. If I am in Orlando again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cjc04
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your accommodations, staff and restaurant experiences. We would like to welcome you back soon when your travels bring you to Central Florida.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is a Marriott property, but was previously a Westin. The decor is a bit dark and intense -- lots of reds and blacks. The room I had was a good size and overlooked the pool. (I didn't use the pool, which looked a bit small (not ideal for doing laps), but the pool area itself was nice.) The mattress was firm and comfortable. The closet needed more hangers. The bathroom was fine, but not what anyone would call luxurious. The hotel is walking distance to the Amway Center, and there's a new performing arts center being built across the street. There's a Starbucks in the hotel. Overall, I would recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank DoraemonArlingtonVA
Thank you for your review. Our theme is “art and music” and we are definitely “Bohemian” in décor and style. We have a great restaurant, “The Boheme”, which I would recommend also when you return. Thank you for being our guest!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Aloft Orlando Downtown
#110 of 339 in Orlando
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!