“Amway Concert Weekend!”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #40 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Bohemian over the weekend with my daughter. We were in Orlando to see Justin Bieber in Concert at the Amway. I chose the Grand Bohemian because it was in walking distance of the Amway Center. The hotel was easy to locate. Valet helped us unload and took us right to check in. Check is was easy. We had a room on the 8th floor. Room was clean, cool and quiet! I am a Marriott Rewards Member so I was also able to take advantage of the concierge lounge on the 15th floor for snacks before the concert. Walk to Amway Center was easy & safe! Check out was easy on Saturday too! Bellhop arrived in less than 5 minutes. My car was waiting for me when I arrived at Valet. BTW....Justin Bieber stayed at the hotel on Thursday night. He was leaving the hotel on for the concert as we arrived. That was a nice surprise for my daughter!

1  Thank Travel4Fun465
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed the concert and our Hotel! We are a great choice for any downtown events. Thank you for being our guest and we hope you will return soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Hotel is in great location to entertainment district. Safe enough to walk. Found room average. Noise level from street annoying. We were on seventh floor so would ask for room on backside. Would not pay anymore than 200.00 a night there. Was very hectic in the small lobby because of Justin Bieber concert. Restaurant food good.

Room Tip: Ask for room on back side of hotel. Street traffic is noticeable.
2  Thank Dianne F

Thank you for your patronage. We hope you enjoyed being in the heart of downtown. We are definitely a downtown destination hotel for visitors and locals as well!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed here prior to a concert and had a super time. So close to the Amway Center and Church street nightlife. The staff here are super nice and friendly...Jennifer at the front desk did a superb job checking us in and following up on a couple things. The hotel is unique artsy and we were lucky to get a concierge level suite upgrade ... outstanding. Nice concierge lounge on 15, Starbucks in lobby. Comfortable bed, jacuzzi, etc... Also turns out to be the choice of the concert tour, which thrilled my daughter the Justin Beiber super fan.

Room Tip: Concierge on 15. Gym on 6.
1  Thank Brett321

Thank you for being our guest. We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with your daughter and our hotel!! We are definitely the number one choice in downtown when you are enjoying an Amway Center event. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had a great night of fun and drinking in down town orlando, fl. I was in no condition to drive, and decided to find a nice place to stay. They were fast and courteous. Room was great, breakfast in bed, great view. It was on the expensive side, however that did not compare to what it could cost for drinking and driving. I have ate here many times, but never stayed. However, it will be first on my list of excellent hotels to stay at in DT Orlando.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank alankay001
Amy D, General Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for your review on our Hotel. We are so glad we were able to accommodate you at the last minute. We are definitely a “staycation” choice for our locals. We hope to see you again soon. Next time, we hope you can join us for our spectacular Sunday Jazz Brunch.-David Friederich

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My sister held her wedding at the Grand Bohemian, and while there were some kinks, the property itself is quite lovely. The bedrooms are average to large and well appointed. The front desk, concierge, cleaning, and valet staff couldn't have been friendlier.

The main bumps came from the special event coordinator; in the months leading up to the wedding, there were several staff changes in the special events office, and this caused increased chaos for my sister. On the wedding day, the day-of-coordinator--required by the hotel and supplied as part of a hotel package--and the hotel contact both seemed aloof and unhelpful. Thankfully, the wedding itself was beautiful and everyone was overjoyed to be there, together, in celebration.

On other notes, the hotel bar provides great evening atmosphere, and the basketball arena is right around the corner, meaning that if it's game night, you might run into some very tall men in the lobby (or elevator... or next door). The outdoor pool is also a nice bonus!

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the halls are much quieter than those in the center of the building.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rahir

Thank you for honoring us with your kind words about our staff and property. We love hosting weddings and as one of the premiere wedding venues in the Orlando area we take our business very seriously. We're thrilled your family and friends enjoyed their time together but disapointed to hear the planning process was not at smooth as expected. If you are willing, I would lke to speak with you in person about your experience. Please contact me at 407-313-9000- David Friederich

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Bohemian this weekend for a wedding. It is a beautiful hotel, with a classy, busy lobby bar -- friendly bar service, amazing bar burger. Rooms are ample size decorated ornately, but not too over the top. We were on the 15th floor and either the plumbing or AC made an annoying, loud sound through the night, we called at 4am and 6am to complain, but it didn't stop. The food at the wedding was also excellent and service high end. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so glad you enjoyed your experience at the Grand Bohemian Hotel. We apologize for the noise you experienced in the early morning. I can assure you our Engineering Team made this a priority to repair. We hope you will return again soon and since you are local, we hope to see you at the Bosendorfer Lounge in the near future.-David Friederich

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed here because I go to Orlando annually on business and want five star amenities. The hotel delivers. It is removed from most of Orlando's typical attractions and has an "art" collection throughout. My room on the concierge level was spacious and the bed and bedding were excellent. I complained about the slamming door from the breakfast/snack/bar room next door that is used by concierge level guests and nothing was done about the slamming door or my complaint. (The door starts slamming at 6:30 am and it can be heard within room 1515.) I was not happy and woke up each am with the slamming door. There is no reason a hotel of this quality cannot have a quirt close door. Nonetheless, I won't return. But my complaint is based on the slamming door that affected my particular room and this hotel may be great for a business traveler.

The pool is great and the spa was great as well. I had a quality massage in a good environment.

The hotel is well situated in the "city" so you can walk to local restaurants and services without being trapped in a resort. Again, it was good for me as a business traveler. I would not go with children.

The restaurant food in the hotel is good and restaurant service was great.

Room Tip: Do not accept room 1515 unless you are hard of hearing or enjoy slamming doors.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ralph R
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you for your observations. We are centrally located in the heart of Downtown Orlando and close to most businesses, restaurants and night life activities. We apologize for your inconvenience during your stay with us. We are so glad you enjoyed our on- property Poseidon Spa and our restaurant, The Boheme. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Aloft Orlando Downtown
#102 of 340 in Orlando
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!