“Skip the Spa, Stay for Brunch”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #46 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“Skip the Spa, Stay for Brunch”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Spent a Sunday afternoon at the Grand Bohemian to celebrate a friend's birthday and was delighted by brunch and completely dissatisfied with the spa. 3 of us spent the morning sitting at the bar enjoying brunch and being waited on by Rikke - she was absolutely wonderful! We had a great meal, enjoyed the music and were looking forward to our spa treatments. I'm sorry to say, I wish I would have skipped the spa and spent the day in the bar instead. 2 of us booked mani/pedi appointments, 1 booked a massage about a week in advance. The birthday girl decided she would like a facial instead, but was informed that she couldn't make any changes to her appointment (she called the day before). At the time of our appointments we headed upstairs ready to be pampered, unfortunately that didn't happen. We all needed to use the restroom before our treatments and unfortunately is started out bad from there. The floor was soaking wet, there were dirty towels on the floor and used glasses on the bathroom counter. When the 2 of us were brought into the treatment room for our mani/pedi I was instantly disappointed. The chairs were something you would have in your living room and no soaking tub was available for pedicures. The birthday girl's pedicure water was already filled and left to sit in the room while her manicure was completed. Her feet were placed into the basin into cold water when it came time for the pedicure, I at least was offered warm water. This was of course after my left arm had practically gone numb from crossing it over my body while my nails were being painted. The birthday girl's technician applied an additional treatment (extra cost) without even asking if she was interested in having it. Her nails looked like they could have been painted by her 12 year old, even after she requested the tech to fix them several times. Both of our feet still had wet polish when we were kicked out of the uncomfortable chairs so other clients could be brought in. The birthday girl was offered a refund for her manicure, but she still had to remove the polish herself when she got home - it was that bad! My nails have chipped already and I still have rough feet (even after the callous treatment). Needless to say I won't be returning to this spa ever again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for allowing us this opportunity to address your observations with our Spa. I can assure you we take your comments very seriously and will be re-educating and training the Staff. If you will please contact the Spa Manager, we certainly want to welcome you back to have the amazing, relaxing and professional services we offer. I’m so glad you enjoyed the brunch and we hope to see you again as our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here one night, and that was enough... I couldn't shower without gagging due to the amount of mold in the shower.

I've stayed in cleaner less expensive hotels and we will never stay here again. We decided to try this hotel and get out of the "rut" of always staying at the Orlando World Marriott-- but next time we will go back to the old and familiar.

I will say that the staff was very courteous and very helpful. Except for the cleaning staff and mini bar staff who totally disregarded the do not disturb on the door and woke us up not once, not twice, but three times before check out.

The bedding was clean and comfortable. We didn't stay for any meals as we moved hotels after the first night so I can't really give reviews of that, other then to note that the hotel lobby bar did a pretty good business judging by the noise and number of guests that were in it when we arrived.

The drunk (and I mean DRUNK!) guests at the counter at check in was scary but the staff handled them with ease and were very patient and professional and they made a difficult situation diffuse with kindness and respect.

• Stayed September 2012
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
First, allow us to apologize for your observations regarding your recent experience. Rest assured that this is not an example of our usual standard and we immediately took care of the issue. We do have an excellent product and always strive to offer our guests not only the best guest service, but also a comfortable and enjoyable guest room. We are very proud of our Grand Performers , thank you for your positive comments on their behalf. We hope to welcome you back in the future!
dublin
Reviewed September 24, 2012

thoroughly enjoyed my stay in this hotel. It houses so much art that you would need more than one night to appreciate it all. the staff were courteous and helpful. the valet parking is quite easy to miss so be vigilant as you approach the hotel if driving. food in the bar is good and well presented and you have lovely live piano music to accompany it. Beds are sooooo comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for this lovely review. We are so happy you enjoyed the Art and Music! Our Gallery Manager would gladly give you a private art tour anytime you are our guest.
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The front desk staff and bell staff are excellent. Sometimes the wait for valet was very long. The service in the lounge is horrible! There seems to be no sense of urgency to get customers drinks, at all!! Whether the lounge is crowded or you are the only person there, you will wait for a bartender or server. You just have to go with it. The hotel is in a great location, relative to downtown restaurants and clubs. Everything is in walking distance, and at night you can grab one of those cool bike cabs, if you need to. They are everywhere. The rooms are nice. Housekeeping didn't refill my coffee service or replace cups, and never dumped and cleaned my coffee pot, but when I caught the gal in the hallway, she apologized and graciously gave me everything I needed and a little extra creamer, as well. The beds were soooo comfortable! I slept wonderfully! Overall, a beautiful hotel, but for the price, could fine tune a few small things. I got an excellent rate to begin with, so it was magnificent. If I had paid the normal rate, I may have been somewhat disappointed. Not anything that would keep me from going back, if the price is right.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank martar1160
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us your observations; we are continually training our staff to be extraordinary Grand Performers. We welcome you back when you are in the area and if there is anything we can do to assist you with any aspect of your experience, please let us know.,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've been staying at the Grand Bohemian several times a month for the last 2 years. I love this hotel!! The Bohemian is in a terrific location. Walking distance to the Amyway Center in Downtown Orlando. First Class Service. The front desk staff is always helpful and welcoming. The hotel is beautifully decorated and the rooms are spacious and clean. The food at the restaurant is quite good and there are always friendly patrons hanging out in the bar. I would highly recommend staying at the Grand Bohemian!!! I just love this hotel and would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your review and are happy that you can call this your “home away from home”! Thank you for choosing our Hotel when you visit Central Florida.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I hadn't been to the Bohemian, my Orlando favorite, for several years. Too often, hotels get worse before they get better. Well, I stayed there last night and I'm pleased to say that The Bohemian is still a wonderfully charming hotel/art gallery with well appointed rooms and the finest hotel staff anywhere. The Bohemian is proof that an urban hotel does not need to be cookie cutter and boring. Anyone who has to come to Orlando for business, stay at the Bohemian and you will not be disappointed.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Welcome back! We are happy you found us to be the same wonderful Hotel you remembered. If you ever think of anything we can do to enhance your experience here please mention it to one of our Grand Performers. We appreciate your patronage and thank you for sharing your observations
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have been staying at the Grand Bohemian Hotel in Downtown Orlando every week for the last 6 months (4 nights per weeks). I am extremely and pleasantly surprised by the comfort of each of my stays. I have the pleasure to check into one of the many artistic and beautifully designed rooms the hotel has to offer. The colors, expensive furniture, and cleanliness of each room make my experiences fun and more joyful each week. Every single staff person is 110% professional and courteous. I strongly recommend this hotel as #1 in downtown Orlando. Food at Grand Bo restaurant is 5 Stars.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We are honored to have you as our repeat guest. Thank you for your patronage and we always want to know if there is ever anything we can do to make your experience more enjoyable. We are all “at your service”.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Aloft Orlando Downtown
#110 of 339 in Orlando
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!