“Magical Wedding”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #49 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Grand Bohemian hosted our wedding reception on July 7th, 2012 and lived up to our expectations. Working in the hospitality industry, I was looking for something different and trying to stay away from a hotel for our wedding reception. During our search for venues, we came across the Grand Bohemian Hotel and decided just to go look at it for the fun of it since we had passed by it numerous times. Right away, I knew this was the place! My mom and I scouted the place first and then I went with my then fiancé to show him the hotel on the inside. The colorful art work and interior design took our breath away and we signed the contract within a few weeks. We started the planning process with Sandra Thornton back in September 2010 and she was a true delight to work with! She answered all of my annoying questions right away and ensured us we would be in good hands even though the wedding was still far away. Our original wedding date was supposed to be September 3, 2011 but we had to move the date to this year and the hotel was more than accommodating. In February of this year, Sandra moved to corporate and we started working with the new Director of Catering, Eric, who tried to put our minds at ease with the change. Naturally, we had a few hiccups since our wedding contact had changed but we were able to get everything worked out. In the last few weeks leading up to the wedding, Rebecca became a second person of contact for our wedding. During the last week, we talked almost at least once a day so I thank her for her patience and willingness to work with us (we had a few cancellations). She made sure we still met our minimum and offered alternatives to what we could do to enhance the wedding. On the wedding day, the ladies arrived at the hotel at 6am to get ready and before leaving to go to the church, Rebecca stopped by to make sure everything was in place. When our guests arrived for the cocktail hour, they were all impressed with the service and food the hotel provided. Although, it was a simple wedding, everyone I spoke to commented how beautiful everything was and how delicious the food was. Needless to say, the food was a huge hit! The best thing was the mango panna cotta desert, EVERYONE cleaned the glass. The banquet staff was outstanding in getting the food out on time and although I knew they were around, I hardly saw them (they were ninjas!).

Our only remark from the guests was that they wished the banquet staff would have asked them if they were done with the champagne from the toast before taking it away. Since it was an early reception (12-4) most people were slowly sipping on the champagne and most of them weren't able to finish it since they were cleared right away. My area of recommendation for the catering managers would be to ask the couple if there are any extra perishable favors what should be done with them. We didn't get asked this question and we had popcorn favors and later found out by my maid of honor that she was told to take the ones on the table because the rest were just going to be thrown out. I didn't get to keep any as souvenirs since I thought we would get the extras back in our suite.

We did get to stay the evening in one of the suites and it was fabulous! The suite had a shower and Jacuzzi. Since the hotel is centrally located, we walked to Urban Flats for dinner and Ember at night to meet up with friends.

Overall, we had a great experience with the Grand Bohemian hotel and their staff and sincerely thank them for making our wedding day stress-free and magically memorable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Congratulations on your wedding! Our hotel is a wonderful place to begin your new lives together! Our Exceptional Events Staff is a wonderful example of our attention to detail and I’m so happy you enjoyed working with Rebecca and Eric. We hope to see you on your first Anniversary! We love creating magical memories for a lifetime of enjoyment!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Was treated for a drink in this very comfy, upscale lounge. Didn't stay at the hotel so cannot comment about that but, the waitstaff was terrific, attentive and the space is lovely. It was a wonderful place to go unwind after a day of Disney characters!

Room Tip: If you are in the Orlando area (as I was), and in need of a respite from "Disney", this is...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for this review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time in our lovely Bosendorfer Lounge. We would like to welcome you as a future guest for an enjoyable “staycation”. We have lovely Jacuzzi tub suites and a beautiful roof top pool. Our Hotel is the perfect local getaway. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I am a Marriott Gold Elite member and, have been for quite some time. Never have I felt more appreciated than at this hotel!!
My wife and I cashed in rewards points for a one night stay for our 9th wedding anniversary. After a night at Corona's cigar bar (about a block away) we returned to the hotel bar for a night cap. I ordered a drink for my wife and I, gave them my room number and asked the bartender what time the bar closed. She said for you Mr.B we will stay as long as you like!! After a while at the bar and some wonderful conversation with the bartender we retired to the Jacuzzie in our room. About 15 minutes later the phone rang in our room. I hoped out of the tub to find a cart just inside of our door with a bottle of champaign and chocolate dipped strawberries along with a Happy Anniversary card from the bartender and the bar manager!!! Absolutely first class service all the way!!! My wife and I will be making this our new anniversary stop from this point on!!!

• Stayed: August 2012

We are thrilled your time with us was enjoyed!! Anniversaries are important to celebrate and we are so glad to be a part of your memorable experience. Hope to see you again next year for your 10th!!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed one night here and it was awesome! Conveniently located in downtown Orlando, you can walk to anything in the downtown area effortlessly! Everything was perfect from the outstanding art gallery to the pool to the spotless rooms. Do not pass up the opportunity to stay at this Boutique Hotel!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor overlooking the pool! Very nice!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We are so happy you enjoyed your “experience in Art and Music”! If you would like a tour of our Art next time, please contact the Grand Bohemian Gallery, Director. We would welcome the chance to show you more of our beautiful collections.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The Grand Bohemian Downtown Orlando is something not to be missed. In all of Orlando, this is in my top 5 hotels hands down. There are so many unique aspects to the Bohemian that it really places itself into a category like no other.

My wife and I were both raised in Orlando, Florida and know the area and all the hotels extremely well. Since we often have business and family visits, if we are anywhere even remotely close to downtown then the Grand Bohemian is always our first choice. In fact, outside of staying on or near a Disney property / Universal Studios for theme park based trips...this is almost always where we stay.

From the time you drive into the valet (there is no self parking, but this is a nice hotel and it's well worth the cost alone, add in the nightmare of parking downtown and it's a no brainer) to the time you walk into the lobby, you're treated as more than a welcome guest, but more like a returning friend to the hotel. In the over 10+ stays at this hotel, I can't think of one single time that I wasn't greeted with a smile and welcome hello. The staff is beyond accommodating and literally does anything they can to ensure that you have the best visit possible.

There was a wedding taking place at the hotel this past weekend and I'd say they were at a very high occupancy level. Even with this taken into consideration, I asked if our friends checkin in the same day could be placed near, or at least on the same floor as us. It's rare that any hotel can accommodate a request and there is never any guarantee, however they had use slated for another floor, but moved us to another so we could be 3 doors down from each other. We booked concierge level (as usual, well worth the few extra dollars) and we maintained that benefit even with our room change. This is just an example of the level of detail to service that the hotel goes out of it's way to make sure you have the best stay ever.

We were having a birthday party for ME in Downtown and rather than drive, we were safe and booked a room at the Grand Bo. Upon checkin, they asked what brought us to town, I told them it was my birthday. We went to the pool for a quick dip and soak in the hot tub (which is on floor 6...not 7 as I mentioned in a previous review). When we returned, there was a nice note from the concierge along with some incredibly decedent chocolate truffles to say "enjoy your stay and happy birthday!" I can't promise you that every time you check in for your birthday they will do this, however it's just an example of the great attention to details they offer.

We stayed in a Jacuzzi suite. This is probably our favorite suite that we've stayed in at the hotel. There was a very nice amount of room. The parlor allowed for us to have a few friends over and a small cake for my birthday...there was plenty of room (see my pictures). We were able to do this without people tromping in our bedroom / bed, etc. The bathroom was ample in size and featured both a walk-in shower and a very generously sized jacuzzi with louvered doors that opened to the master suite. Very nice touch...you could even see the TV from the tub!

As with all of the rooms at the hotel, they are very posh, modern, yet comforting at the same time. It's not over the top "contemporary" - more like an artsy feel with lush velvets, deep reds and dark furniture. I love the decor, plus there is art EVERYWHERE in the hotel! Hallways, rooms and even a gallery downstairs...if you appreciate art, then there simply is no better place in town to stay for this reason alone. It's really an incredible collection.

The best tip I can tell you is very basic. If you're anywhere near downtown, then don't waste your money on another hotel. The Grand Bohemian is THE hotel to stay at. A great value for what you get...

Room Tip: High level floor, lower level floor if you are a smoker (hotel is smoke free, but you can smoke near...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so very much for this raving review! We are thrilled that you had a wonderful birthday and a memorable experience. We hope to see you next year!!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is our favorite hotel when visiting Orlando, which we often do. This time our stay was different as it was our 17th wedding anniversary. We stayed at jacuzi suite, concierge level. Besides the usual live music, great food, drinks and service. The staff went above and beyond, with many pleasant surprises. If it is a special occasion you are here for, please, let them know, they know how to make you feel special, and experience unforgettable!! Our personal thanks to reception, and concierge staff!!

Room Tip: Concierge upgrade is a superb value, you get amazing breakfast and nice evning apitizers.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Congratulations again on your anniversary. The Concierge Staff enjoys working with each guest to make memorable moments to last a lifetime! We are happy you were pleased with our Hotel and Staff. We hope to celebrate 18 with you!!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. The art is excellent and the music playing throughout the hotel fun and upbeat. The rooms are decorated like an upscale jazz club and the beds extremely comfortable. You can walk to several excellent restaurants and bars in dowtown Orlando. You will soon realize Orlando has more to offer than just the parks.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MotoMoto2364

We are so happy you found the “unexpected Orlando”. If you would like to know more about our art work, our Gallery Director would be happy to provide a tour for you. We look forward to having you return.