“It's so Grand that we keep coming back - Orlando's Finest Boutique Hotels”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #46 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
“It's so Grand that we keep coming back - Orlando's Finest Boutique Hotels”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The Grand Bohemian Downtown Orlando is something not to be missed. In all of Orlando, this is in my top 5 hotels hands down. There are so many unique aspects to the Bohemian that it really places itself into a category like no other.

My wife and I were both raised in Orlando, Florida and know the area and all the hotels extremely well. Since we often have business and family visits, if we are anywhere even remotely close to downtown then the Grand Bohemian is always our first choice. In fact, outside of staying on or near a Disney property / Universal Studios for theme park based trips...this is almost always where we stay.

From the time you drive into the valet (there is no self parking, but this is a nice hotel and it's well worth the cost alone, add in the nightmare of parking downtown and it's a no brainer) to the time you walk into the lobby, you're treated as more than a welcome guest, but more like a returning friend to the hotel. In the over 10+ stays at this hotel, I can't think of one single time that I wasn't greeted with a smile and welcome hello. The staff is beyond accommodating and literally does anything they can to ensure that you have the best visit possible.

There was a wedding taking place at the hotel this past weekend and I'd say they were at a very high occupancy level. Even with this taken into consideration, I asked if our friends checkin in the same day could be placed near, or at least on the same floor as us. It's rare that any hotel can accommodate a request and there is never any guarantee, however they had use slated for another floor, but moved us to another so we could be 3 doors down from each other. We booked concierge level (as usual, well worth the few extra dollars) and we maintained that benefit even with our room change. This is just an example of the level of detail to service that the hotel goes out of it's way to make sure you have the best stay ever.

We were having a birthday party for ME in Downtown and rather than drive, we were safe and booked a room at the Grand Bo. Upon checkin, they asked what brought us to town, I told them it was my birthday. We went to the pool for a quick dip and soak in the hot tub (which is on floor 6...not 7 as I mentioned in a previous review). When we returned, there was a nice note from the concierge along with some incredibly decedent chocolate truffles to say "enjoy your stay and happy birthday!" I can't promise you that every time you check in for your birthday they will do this, however it's just an example of the great attention to details they offer.

We stayed in a Jacuzzi suite. This is probably our favorite suite that we've stayed in at the hotel. There was a very nice amount of room. The parlor allowed for us to have a few friends over and a small cake for my birthday...there was plenty of room (see my pictures). We were able to do this without people tromping in our bedroom / bed, etc. The bathroom was ample in size and featured both a walk-in shower and a very generously sized jacuzzi with louvered doors that opened to the master suite. Very nice touch...you could even see the TV from the tub!

As with all of the rooms at the hotel, they are very posh, modern, yet comforting at the same time. It's not over the top "contemporary" - more like an artsy feel with lush velvets, deep reds and dark furniture. I love the decor, plus there is art EVERYWHERE in the hotel! Hallways, rooms and even a gallery downstairs...if you appreciate art, then there simply is no better place in town to stay for this reason alone. It's really an incredible collection.

The best tip I can tell you is very basic. If you're anywhere near downtown, then don't waste your money on another hotel. The Grand Bohemian is THE hotel to stay at. A great value for what you get...

Room Tip: High level floor, lower level floor if you are a smoker (hotel is smoke free, but you can smoke near...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you so very much for this raving review! We are thrilled that you had a wonderful birthday and a memorable experience. We hope to see you next year!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
New York
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is our favorite hotel when visiting Orlando, which we often do. This time our stay was different as it was our 17th wedding anniversary. We stayed at jacuzi suite, concierge level. Besides the usual live music, great food, drinks and service. The staff went above and beyond, with many pleasant surprises. If it is a special occasion you are here for, please, let them know, they know how to make you feel special, and experience unforgettable!! Our personal thanks to reception, and concierge staff!!

Room Tip: Concierge upgrade is a superb value, you get amazing breakfast and nice evning apitizers.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Congratulations again on your anniversary. The Concierge Staff enjoys working with each guest to make memorable moments to last a lifetime! We are happy you were pleased with our Hotel and Staff. We hope to celebrate 18 with you!!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. The art is excellent and the music playing throughout the hotel fun and upbeat. The rooms are decorated like an upscale jazz club and the beds extremely comfortable. You can walk to several excellent restaurants and bars in dowtown Orlando. You will soon realize Orlando has more to offer than just the parks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MotoMoto2364
We are so happy you found the “unexpected Orlando”. If you would like to know more about our art work, our Gallery Director would be happy to provide a tour for you. We look forward to having you return.
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed one night at this hotel. The rooms are very spacious. Ours had a nice view of the city with a purple velvet chaise lounge and two queen beds. There was a well stocked mini bar with lots of drinks and snacks. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was very attentive from the front desk to the valet to the concierge lounge attendant. Breakfast was good with lots of choices including eggs, sausage, and the usual cereals, fruit, and pastries. The concierge lounge also serves breakfast and snacks on the weekends. Most other hotel lounges that I have been to stop service on Thursday or Friday. When visiting Downtown Orlando, I will be back to the Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
We thank you for your review and hope you will return to us again. We are pleased you enjoyed our amenities and look forward to having you return soon.
Billings, Montana
Reviewed August 20, 2012

When traveling on business, you're typically having long meetings at an unfamiliar location. At the end of the day, you want to come back to your hotel and be able to relax in comfort AND style. You certainly get both of these feelings at the Grand. Rooms were extremely comfortable, with upgraded plush mattresses. This is my biggest "pet peeve" for business hotels. The Grand passes this test for me with flying colors.

Upon check-in you're greeted with respectful pleasantries and shown a one page map of downtown close to the hotel with all of the better restaurants located on it. They made great recommendations for the type of meal I wanted.

I also asked where the gift shop was so I could get some water for the room. The desk attendant reached under the counter and handed me 3 each, ice-cold bottles for the room at no charge.

The art in the building is spectacular. Granted, I'm not a true art connoisseur, but really appreciated the art that decorated the lobby as well as the guest floor corridors. Hotel was quite and comfortable. I'll be back......

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
We hope to always be your “home away from home” choice when you are in the Central Florida area. If you should have any time to enjoy and art tour, our Gallery Director would like to share her knowledge at your convenience.
Key Largo, Florida
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The pool is ok but it is small and very shallow. Great to dip in but not so great for exercise.

The art through the whole hotel is amazing. It is very different.

The rooms are pretty spacy and the sofa is a very lazy comfortable sofa to crawl on between some pillows and veg with a book.

The concierge level has a decent breakfast Continental Style. Fresh fruit, Bakery goods, Eggs and Patties. The aperitifs in the afternoon are very well made and tasting delicious.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed yourself while you were our guest. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Scottsdale
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I was here for work, very convenient to the location that I was working. Right across the street. Valet very courteous front desk quick and easy check in. Liked the concierge lounge and happy hour both there and downstairs. Room was nice, great bed, bathroom amenities. A/C could have been a little cooler, I had it cranked and it was just adequate. Room service was good, the restaurant downstairs was fun and happening. I cant say enough of how great the staff is here! Great job.
I would not however stay here if I was not on business only because of the downtown location. Not much happening. Not far for Universal but I'd rather stay nearer to the parks. I don't think I saw one kid the entire week, which was fine by me.

• Stayed August 2012
We are conveniently located in the “heart of downtown”. We are pleased you found all of our amenities enjoyable. We appreciate your acknowledgement of our Staff. Our desire is to be always “at your service”.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Aloft Orlando Downtown
#110 of 339 in Orlando
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!