Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #44 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I stayed here recently for business in Orlando. I was ready to give the hotel a perfect score, but then I had an incident with my bill that upset me very greatly and was ready to downgrade the score. After letting a little time pass, I got over the extreme anger and was able to objectively give the hotel very high marks.

First, I will go over the many good points. The hotel is located right downtown and is in walking distance to a number of bars and restaurants. The lobby is wonderfully appointed. The hotel has a tremendous "art" theme on every single floor and even has its own gallery. The art work was great throughout the whole hotel including the rooms. The front desk staff was friendly and knowledgeable. I had a king bed room and it was plenty large with a pretty large bathroom as well. The bathroom had dual shower-heads. The room had a large flat screen TV and a CD of cool music playing when I walked in. The bed was very comfortable. There was a large, extended sitting chair. The concierge lounge was very nicely appointed and the snacks/breakfast were just fine. The outdoor pool area was very nice on the 6th floor of the hotel and the fitness room was nice as well with ellipticals, treadmills, nautilus and free weights. The valet brought cars quickly.

Now for the very few "bad" things. A relatively minor issue was that the air conditioning temperature control was one of those old style controls with no digital display and you just put in on cool with hi or low fan. Even with it on cool and "hi", it was not cool enough in the room for my taste. Such a nice hotel should have a more modern temperature control. The real "bad" thing was looking at my bill in the morning. I was extremely surprised to see charge after charge after charge after charge for perhaps 15 items from the mini-bar. I did not consume a single item from the mini-bar. The only thing I had done was take out two waters from the minibar and put in two small diet coke bottles for the night. I replaced the waters in the morning. After I got the bill, I went back and noticed for the first time a small sticker on the door of the minibar indicating that items would be charged automatically when removed. As indicated, all I removed were the water bottles. In the process, I had knocked over some beer bottles inside the minibar and simply straightened them out right away. They never left the cooler. Yet, they were all still on this bill. This "automatic" billing minibar has to be one of the worst pieces of hotel technology I have ever seen. It clearly did not work right. I have to believe the hotel has received many, many complaints about it. Their "stated" purpose of not having items removed to store other items is understandable, but the technology just doesn't work right and caused me much grief and anger. I called the front desk. They did quickly agree to remove the items, but I have not seen my adjusted bill yet to verify it was done. I didn't need that hassle.

So, with the exception of those few things, the hotel was great!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank FTLAW
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time spent in Orlando on business. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review. We do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in using the refrigerator. Please let us know if your bill still needs to be adjusted and we will be more than happy to make the corrections. We look forward to welcoming you back to Central Florida in the future.

There are newer reviews for Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection

Reviewed July 12, 2011

I have to say as a seasoned world traveler how disappointing and expensive my 1 night stay was at the "Grand" Bohemian. If grand means expensive its right on the money. If grand means special it certain the was not, tap hanging off the lounge sink lights not working properly, so much so that I could not see to iron in my $380 a night suite. A quick phone call however made not the slightest difference man came did nothing. I moved to a small country type Courtyard at lake lucern a couple of blocks away 75 bucks a nigh incl breakfast and head and shoulders above the Bohemian who didn''t even ask how my stay was. You do the sums!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank RobAiers
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2011

Please accept my sincere apology for your recent experience at The Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando. We are disappointed your stay fell short of our standards and expectations. We hope you enjoyed the remainder of your time in the United States.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Stayed here one night in June for business. I found the staff from the time I walked in till I checked out to be very helpful. The hotel is very nicely decorated with lots of art everywhere (part of their theme) my room was a very roomy (king bed) with a very of the pool.

It was my first visit to downtown Orlando (have stayed in the Disney and convention center areas previously). Downtown Orlando was a pleasant surprise with plenty of nice bars and restaurants and the Grand Bohemian made it a great visit!.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

We are excited to hear the Grand Bohemian was able to make your first visit to downtown Orlando a great one. Thank you for sharing a review. We will look forward to a return visit- business or pleasure!

Guest Services Specialist

Reviewed June 20, 2011

My friend and I had a get away girl weekend and wanted to stay in the downtown Orlando area for a change of pace from our usual Disney hotels. We found great clubs and restaurants in the nearby area of Orange St. And Church Streets. The nightlife was awesome with plenty of options for every taste. We felt entirely safe walking around as the area was full of people.

The hotel itself was such a pleasure from the moment we drove up and handed our keys to the valet. From the valet to the bellman to the front desk they could not have been nicer,
more professional and helpful. We were upgraded to the concierge floor (15th floor). We had access to the concierge room which provided the most delicious breakfast of quiche, fresh fruits and a variety of yogurts ans Starbucks coffee. A very nice and comfortable room with views.

Our room itself was very well appointed and comfortable. Great beds and big plush white comforters. I loved all the art all over the hotel hallways on the way to our room. Plush materials of velvet on the chaise lounge and metalic-colored headboards gave the room a sexy appeal. My friend required a small fridge for some special snacks brought along and the bellman was happy to call for one to be brought to our room. The room was quiet and had everything we needed.

The downstairs lobby was really chic and eclectic. I've had my share of hip hotels, but this hotel really has it's own cool style. I would say ver chic urban. The lounge was beautiful with a piano rotunda area seperate from the regular lounge area. They serve The Belgium trappist beer Chimay which is crafted by trappist monks in the lounge. Delicious and a great choice and rare to find in any hotel lounge. Kudos to them for their excellent choice!

Don't forget to visit the art gallery downstairs and the most exquisite pool area on the 6th floor. A little bit small, but still super chic.

Needless to say, we really loved our stay, the friendly staff and the location with nearby clubs and restaurants. A very good choice indeed!

Room Tip: Get upgraded if possible and be nice to the staff.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank MrsJeffcott
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

Thank you so much for posting such a lovely review of your stay. We could not be more thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time spent at The Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando for your get away girls weekend. Thank you for taking the time to share. We will certainly look forward to welcoming you for a return visit soon!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

This was my first visit, I tried to get a room at the last minute a few weeks prior too….but no luck. This time we had reservations, the journey from the lobby to the room was a pleasant one! Fine art awaits you in a very chic atmosphere. I ordered room service which was wonderful and then enjoyed a Triple Venti Mocha at their Starbucks the following morning. I am looking forward to my return, from Atlanta!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2011

We are so excited your first visit to The Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando was “awe-inspiring”! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed the fine art showcased throughout the hotel. On your next visit, be sure to walk through our Grand Bohemian Gallery located on the first floor next to Starbucks!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I visited Grand Bohemian for a business conference on site. Rooms were very comfortable and well appointed. The staff was friendly and helpful. The conference areas were well equipped, comfortable with good acoustics. All in all an excellent experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to hear our hotel was able to provide a well equipped and comfortable environment, making your business trip enjoyable. We will look forward to welcoming you back, business or pleasure!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

The Grand Bohemian in downtown Orlando is gorgeous. It has a rooftop pool which is amazing and being only a few city blocks from all the action downtown can't be beat. The room was really clean and the bed was very comfortable, and my son slept well in the crib that was brought to the room. The front desk staff was also very helpful and nice. The only thing I didn't like and this is very minor is that the mini fridge in the room was full of the items that would be charged to the room. It would be nice to at least leave half the fridge available for use, we had nowhere to keep my son's milk cold during our stay, which was a pretty big inconvenience having to keep it on ice the whole time.

Room Tip: buy close to stay and pay in full at reservation
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

It is great to hear you enjoyed your time spent at The Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and suggestion for improvement in regards to the refrigerator. We are so happy we could be a part of your trip to Central Florida and look forward to a return visit in the future!

Guest Experiences Specialist

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Aloft Orlando Downtown
#108 of 340 in Orlando
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!