This hotel was great. We stayed here for our honeymoon and although it wasn't a very romantic hotel it was wonderful as we stayed in the parks most of time. We booked a standard two bed room, and at check in we asked for an upgrade to a king bed, but they weren't able to do it because they didn't have any available. The hostess seemed very willing to do it, but couldn't because there just weren't any available. Also, if you're on your honeymoon, mention it at check in and they will give you "just married" pins to wear during your stay. We got so much free stuff with those pins, not to mention a ton of staff members congratulated us.
The room was nothing special, but the double sinks were nice and the room was spacious and clean. We didn't get any towel animals even though we tipped everyday, but that could be because we didn't have any kids with us. The grounds were beautiful. We stayed in the Magnolia Bend part and all the buildings were very beautiful. The pools were also nice. The main pool had a waterslide and looked like a lot of fun, but was pretty crowded during the day, We used the quiet pool right by our room only once because it was a little too cold for us. We used it after it was technically closed, but we were quiet and it wasn't an issue.
The food at the hotel was okay. We ate at Boatwrights one night and the service was good and the food was okay. The cafeteria wasn't anything to brag about. I had the build your own pasta and it was burned. Also we found that the breakfasts were actually cheaper in the parks.
The shuttle to and from the parks was very convenient. Our room was right next to the East depot, but by the time the bust got to us it was pretty full and we usually had to stand. We quickly realized that if we walked the short distance to the South depot right near the gift shop and hotel restaurant the bus was nice and empty.
The gift shop was very adequate with lots of souvenirs and clothes. Also, I recommend using the feature where you link your credit card to your room key to pay for things in the park. It was so convenient to have one card for everything (room key, park tickets, and credit card). I didn't think it would be so convenient, but I'm glad we did it because it was one less thing to worry/think about while on vacation.
We used the shuttle service (Magical Express) to and from the airport and it was great. It's wonderful that it's included in the room price. We didn't have to wait long either to or from the airport and it was very comfortable. We didn't use the feature where they pick up your bags from baggage claim because we booked our trip too late to get the luggage tags, so I can't comment on that.
A word to the wise: If it rains a lot during your trip some of the walkways around the hotel will probably flood. We didn't mind because it just made it more of an adventure. Also, I think most (if not all) of the gift shops, including the hotel gift shop, sell ponchos, but they hide them behind the counter so you have to ask for them.
This hotel was great if you aren't looking for something too fancy. It was definately a step up from the economy resorts like Pop Century. Even though we didn't have any kids with us, I think I would be good with kids, too. The shuttle to and from the parks alone is probably worth the difference in cost of staying in an "off campus" hotel and a bona fide Disney hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a place where simple pleasures flourish and Southern hospitality abounds. From the stately white-column mansions of Magnolia Bend to the quaint backwoods cottages of Alligator Bayou, delight in this picturesque Resort hotel that evokes the romance and tranquility of the rural Louisiana Bayou. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Disney Resort
- Orlando Port Orleans Resort
- Riverside Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Hotel Disney
- Port Orleans Resort Riverside
- Port Orleans Resort Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort Riverside