“My suggestions ...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #89 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
pa
“My suggestions ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I have stayed at this resort a few times. I like the rooms better than Port Orleans French Quarter.
My suggestion though is a Bayou room. How can you ensure that you get one? Put there is 5 in the room - make the 5th a 2yr old. No extra charge. The only rooms that have that little trundle option for a toddler are bayou rooms. Why Bayou? They were rehabbed last. They have unique character and charm. Love the theming in those rooms.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank lilimadsn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,115)
  • Hebrew first
Tulsa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I will never forget my stay here..after a long trip from out of state I was eager to experience a real Disney resort and this was available and within my price range somewhat....when we arrrrived and were given our room ..we walked what seemed a marathon to get to our alligator bayou room....the layout is very confusing ..I felt like a bewildered Dorothy in a southern land of oZ..next day had an exciting magic kingdom day and got back real late..after walking probably 10 miles ..the last thing we needed was to hike another few miles to our room..to top it we got lost....we got somewhat better at the layout which helped slightly...but I felt so far from the lobby that it felt like a campground..and as much as I spent I found ripped off by Disney......I will say that the staff was very nice..the rooms were very clean and pleasant and very quiet as we were in the boondocks...

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Notaplainjane1
Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and had a garden view room. We arrived around 10:00pm and due to the poorly lit signs and buildings, drove around the property twice before guessing on a building. Not a good start! Make a note - arrive while there is still plenty of sunlight! We found a good parking spot in the parking lot but had to drag our suitcases a long ways just to get to our room. Note two - get a room with parking lot view and save the marathon walking! Our room had two queen beds, a table and two chairs, tv, and coffee maker and small refrigerator. The room was very small! Bed was uncomfortable for two of us trying to sleep. Mattresses should be replaced. If you're planning on spending a lot of time in your room, don't stay here or splurge for the bigger room. The grounds are gorgeous! A huge plus for this resort. The pool area was fantastic. The main buildings are great. I doubt we will ever stay here again but it may be perfect for a family with not more than two small kids.

Room Tip: Get a room close to parking lot!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Doug K
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

This was our first time at a true Disney resort. We visit Disney about 4-6 times per year, but always stayed offsite, so this time we decided to check into a fun, family friendly resort.

Check in went very smooth with excellent service. We loved room 2538, at the back of the resort, about a 3 minute walk from our room to the West Depot bus stop - very convenient. The room was clean and comfortable, overlooking one of the many pools.

The pool at Ol' Man's Island, a 5 minute walk from our room, was a great place to relax while my son played games offered by their children's activities department. He loved the water slide and must have gone on it 50+ times. The service at the bar could have been better, but so many other things made up for it.
Be sure to hang a "Privacy Please" sign on the door of your room if you want to sleep in, as the housekeepers are eager to get their jobs done early in the morning. The room has a little fridge, so be sure to bring things like milk, cereal, snacks and bottled water to save $ for the parks and dining at Disney Downtown.
The food at the food court was good enough for us - you can create your own pasta!
The grounds are immaculate, as only Disney can do.
The fun things about staying at a Disney Resort is that you can take any of the buses to any of their other resorts.
We visited the Animal Kingdom Lodge, as I am from South Africa. Now this place is awesome, and next time we will be staying there.
Thank you for a great vacation, Disney! See you next time!

Room Tip: Room 2538 was very convenient, a short walk to one of the bus stops.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Robert V
São Paulo, Brasil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

This Disney Resort it's really amazing to spend your vacation. I've stayed here with my wife during 4 nights and it was a great experience (May 30th). I've stayed in the Magnolia (Acadian House) near from a private pool (8069 room). In the beginning I've been worried about the noise, cos the 24hours pool, but I didn't listen absolutely nothing. In the end, I believe that this is a good point, cos I can go to pool and back to my room in a few seconds. I strongly recommend this room.

The room
It's big (for me), with 2 confortable queen size bed, LCD TV, Iron, Frigo, Vault and Coffee Maker. The temperature it was fine all the time and air cond. it was really quiet. I believe that Disney could improve the air with a remote control, but this is a little detail.

The lobby
You have a great restaurant, a bar and arcade games.

Other points
Another great feature, this resort it's near from Downtown Disney (you can get a boat in the marina) and also BoardWalk.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Rotherham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

First of all i'll start with the hotel. Me and my family stayed hear in November 2013 for two weeks. it was absolutely amazing. the grounds was just huge.I didn't realise how many rooms there was lol. We stayed in the alligator bayou room, with two twin beds and a shower over bath. we had a safe, mini fridge and coffee making facilities. our mouse keeper (maid) came every day with fresh towels, soaps etc and made our beds. we had a pool just round the corner and also we were right next to the launderette. Every time we stepped out of our room I felt like I was walking through a jungle, it's just full of tropical plants and trees with little lizards,bird's and so many squirrels I lost count lol. We did have to walk a good 5 mins to the hotel lobby and food court though which dosnt sound a long time but when its first thing in a morning or late at night u don't really want to be walking that far just for drink refills, which is the next thing ill talk about. We paid for the Disney dining plan (quick service meal) it's the cheapest meal option(even though it cost's £1,100) and like with other dining and all inclusive plans we thought we would go up to the food courts and be able to pick what we like, but it is far from that. You get a tiny cardboard plate and the meal sizes is only just big enough to fill up a child, you get a Disney cup to fill up your drinks but be awear that you can only fill your cup up at the hotel you are staying in. You can take your cup with you to the parks but you can NOT fill it up there, So if you are there for the whole day then you end up having to buy drinks as your cup obviously wont last all day. but you can use your snack credits to purchase drinks too. One last thing about the food. If your on the quick service dining plan then you do not get to sit down at a table and order your meals off a menu like you would in a restaurant, that is for the next dining plan up(which is about £1,900).I know that sounds like a lot of money but word of advice ,If you don't want to eat burgers, fries and pizzas everyday (which is what is mainly the only thing on offer in every single restaurant in the entire Disney area including all the parks)then I would pay the price. Me and my husband were sick to death of all the junk food. Its ok for a couple of days but not for 14 lol. Apart from the food issue we had an amazing holiday. Going to Disney world is every bit magical as you would expect and we are definitely going again, everyone is so polite and helpful and I just didn't want to come home(my little girl cried all the way to the airport as she didn't want to leave lol) Hope this review has helped anyone and if you go then I hope you have a magical time :) Enjoy xx

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank natalie h
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed at Riverside's Alligator Bayou for two nights in June.
PROS:
-Good for a group of 5 as there is a small murphy bed for a child to sleep on in addition to the 2 double beds. It is adorable with a mural of Louis & Ray from Princess & the Frog. My son loved it.
-The ferry to Downtown Disney is great.
-We did not stay long enough to enjoy them, but wish we had taken part in the campfire and the horse buggy rides.
-The rooms are recently renovated and the décor is very nice.
-The pools are pretty as are the grounds.
-The on site sit down restaurant (the name escapes me) is great for dinner.
-The staff was great.
CONS
-The food court is a disaster in the morning -- crowded, slow lines, very annoying. It would be nice to have the sit down restaurant open in the morning.
-I wish the pool bar sold some snacks to avoid the food court during the day as well.
-The returning busses were very crowded after the park shows/fireworks/parades. Expect to have to stand on the way back if you leave after these events.

Overall, I enjoyed Old Key West WAYYYYYY more and my sister in law like Caribbean Beach better because she thought the pools were more fun/exciting. I probably would choose a different Disney resort next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank IrishTwinMama
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside? Share your experiences!