This was my family's first stay in Disney Port Orleans - Riverside and overall we had a wonderful experience.
We did a lot of research for our first visit to Disney World resort including reserving a room for a family of five (two adults and three tweens). We wanted to stay on property for our first visit because of the convenience of the buses that would take us to and from the hotel to the parks.
We decided on the Port Orleans Riverside based on price and reviews. It is a mid-level resort, but still very reasonably priced compared to other resorts on property. Although we initially wanted to book at the value resorts, it was difficult to find a room that would accommodate five people. In the end, we were actually glad that we stayed in a moderate-level resort.
The room was clean, comfortable, spacious and functional.
The room was big enough to fit five people. We also had a fair amount of luggage as we came as tourists planning to stay for 15 days in Orlando before heading back home. However even with our luggage the room had enough space for all of us to move comfortably. Perhaps it is also because we are tourists from Asia, and in comparison to Asian hotel rooms which are much much smaller, we were more than satisfied with the size of our room at Port Orleans.
Our room was located in Alligator Bayou building 38, and although it was a bit of a hike to get there dragging our luggage the kids and i enjoyed the scenery (a southern plantation landscape and architecture theme) as we passed through Ol' man island to get to our bldg.
The room had rustic wood carved beds, lanterns, a ceiling fan, a wooden trunk that serves as a fold down "murphy" bed, which is probably why the room had a more dimmer and a cabin like look and feel to it.
Our room had two queen size bed and a fold down "murphy " bed which was a thrill for the kids who all wanted to sleep on that bed.
Room service consistently comes every day to refresh the towels and make the beds.
We were very pleased with the efficiency and helpfulness of every cast member we encountered.
We arrived a few hours before the supposed check in time, and i was already expecting that we would leave our bags at the counter and head directly to the park, when we were informed that our room was already available and that we could go straight in!
For my kids, even the checking in was an experience, as the staff hooked them up with stickers and buttons and had conversations with them asking them where they were from and giving them tips on which exciting rides they should try.
We didn't notice any inefficiency with the checking in nor with the checking out, in fact it was the complete opposite. However we did visit during off-peak season so the hotel clearly was not operating at full capacity.
The water taxi to down town Disney was awesome, it became part of the attraction that my kids would look forward to everyday.
The buses were efficient, there were specific times when it was a bit full but we didn't mind standing up at all as the kids were just too giddy to get off the bus and run straight to the parks.
Overall we loved this resort and we would definitely stay here again on our next trip. We would recommend this for families especially for tourists who need to rely on the disney buses to move around the parks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a place where simple pleasures flourish and Southern hospitality abounds. From the stately white-column mansions of Magnolia Bend to the quaint backwoods cottages of Alligator Bayou, delight in this picturesque Resort hotel that evokes the romance and tranquility of the rural Louisiana Bayou. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Disney Resort
- Orlando Port Orleans Resort
- Riverside Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Hotel Disney
- Port Orleans Resort Riverside
- Port Orleans Resort Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort Riverside