We took our sons between the ages of 8 and 11 to Disney in April. The hotel has a number of activities and facilities that cater for the children and the kids loved the swimming pools dotted around the resort. The rooms are spacious and catered for all of us in one room with 2 double beds and a single bed. There was still sufficient space not to get into each others' way.
The food was adequate but we found it a little expensive. It would be wise to go on a meal plan and purchase a free refill mug that you can use around the resort. What I did like, was the fruit and raw vegies the kids received with every kids meal. They made good snacks to take along on daily excursions.
We did enjoy the river taxi that travelled between the resort and Downtown Disney. It was a very scenic route and makes a pleasant change from the buses. The resort has a pre-checking facility and I suggest you use it and it can be a little slow to check in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a place where simple pleasures flourish and Southern hospitality abounds. From the stately white-column mansions of Magnolia Bend to the quaint backwoods cottages of Alligator Bayou, delight in this picturesque Resort hotel that evokes the romance and tranquility of the rural Louisiana Bayou. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Disney Resort
- Orlando Port Orleans Resort
- Riverside Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Hotel Disney
- Port Orleans Resort Riverside
- Port Orleans Resort Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort Riverside