Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
$111
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$199
$172
$212
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$394
$313
Orbitz.com
9,200 results
All reviewsalligator bayoufrench quarterroyal roommagnolia bendfood courtmain pooloak manordowntown disneytrundle bedthe busmagnolia terracesouth depotacadian housemain buildingquiet pooldixie landingsdisney world
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here the week before and after Easter. Arrived at airport, very simple to find Magical Express Bus. We were first drop off, had done on line check in and we were greeted by a cast member, got our package and then went to find our room, (all was extremely organized and efficient.) Our room was on the 2nd floor in Partere Place, end room, so quiet.
Room was nice, 2 queens, beds were comfy, small table with 2 chairs. Bath and toilet in one room (excellent shower, hot and lots of pressure), double sink behind curtain.
Room had small fridge, very useful. Coffee maker was good. Fireworks on headboard entertained the kids. Aggressive toilet flush and somewhat noisy air conditioning, but who cares, everyone is too tired after a day at Disney to notice.

There is a food court which serves all kinds of fast type foods, you can search out the healthier options, but you may get bored of eating salad everyday, however the salad bar is very good. Even though they had a make your own pasta section I found everything too oily and salty. Breakfast options mainly pancake, egg and bacon type platters. There is a make your own omelette bar, which I thought would be a great and somewhat healthy choice, however the cup of oil poured in the pan to cook said omelette took away from its appeal, The oatmeal/granola section closes at 10.30, the rest of breakfast stays open till 11. At 11 it switches to lunch, it's all pretty heavy going. There is a big cooler with pre packaged cut up veg and fruit so that was helpful. The sit down restaurant opens only for dinner, ate there twice, first time enjoyed it had the catfish, second time tried the Voodoo chicken, didn't really like it, but that's just personal preference.....

Grounds of hotel spectacular, pools nice, main pool appeared to be heated, so very enjoyable, lifeguards at main pool very conscientious.

The hotel bar area is small, could do with being made a bit bigger, so that more could enjoy the nightly entertainment (guy on piano)

There is a gift store which also sells snacks and a mini pharmacy (not prescription drugs)
Rented a boat, lots of fun. Also took the cruiser boat to Downtown Disney, that was fun until we arrived at Downtown Disney and realized that the other 999,999 people at Disney World had decided to go there too....
Park Transportation excellent, never had to wait long for a bus.

All in all a great time at Port Orleans, the reason I didn't give it a 5 was because of the food, just not the best choices available, but I know Disney needs to move people through quickly and I know a lot of people like that type of food, the line ups were always long at the burger bar and short at the salad bar.........

Room Tip: End rooms are good as no one need walk past your door.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank bren018
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very well maintained property. The rooms were clean and nice, even had a ceiling fan in addition to the a/c unit which I liked. Everything is close in this resort (front desk, arcade, food/drink, pool) which is nice. You can rent bikes and boats and they have carriage rides too. My personal favorite thing was the River Roost bar, with piano player/singer Bob Jackson. Very entertaining sing alongs, kid friendly too. He is very nice and intelligent, I was telling him that friends of mine who have seen him a few times said hello. Before I could finish saying where I was from and their names, he was pointing out a picture of them on his board. I wish I could have seen him more than 1 day, but Disney is big and busy. The pool has a small water slide that entertained my 6 year old, there is also a hot tub and kiddie pool to go with a few "quiet pools." I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vincent C
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My family went to Disney world on vacation and stayed in the Port Orleans- Riverside resort. The room was very nice and clean. The theme of the room focused on Princess Tiana and my daughter loved it. Housekeeping cleaned the room thoroughly everyday. The concierge was very helpful and informative when it came to our park tickets. The check in process was easy and the staff was very friendly. We used the hotel service for our airline check in service and the process was easy and they took care of our luggage that we didn't actually see again until we landed back home. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second level of the hotel and we rarely heard any noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Teresa R
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Love the relaxed atmosphere of Alligator Bayou. Helps take away some of the stress of a Disney vaction. The resort is a little spread out, but we were able to request a room near the main building and very close to one of the bus stops.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lagirl33
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our favourite WDW hotel, just a little bit more peaceful and out of the way than others. The "mansion-style" rooms are our favourites. The lounge sell some great beers from ABITA brewery and Bob Jackson is a superb entertainer in his evening show in the same bar. Decent "down south" food in the reastaurant (dinner only)

Room Tip: try to get a "mansion style" room close to the restaurants
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple