Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$199
$148
$111
$212
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$166
$394
$303
Orbitz.com
9,200 results
All reviewsalligator bayoufrench quarterroyal roommagnolia bendfood courtmain pooloak manordowntown disneytrundle bedthe busmagnolia terracesouth depotacadian housemain buildingquiet pooldixie landingsdisney world
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've stayed at about half of the Disney properties and would rank Port Orleans Riverside as my favorite moderate category hotel so far. I loved how quiet the facility was considering how large. The payoff is that you get to do a lot of walking! Grounds and buildings are very spread out. Lovely scenery and walks, but bring a stroller always if you have any kids under 6 or 7 and all of your belongings when you head out (don't have to go back to room to head out for day for instance after breakfast). This part, or if we forgot something, got very tiring. The grounds are just beautiful and serene. So peaceful in the evening. Pool area is wonderful and fun to be able to get to PO-FQ easily. The latter might be slightly more friendly for small children with its pool theming and size. We may stay there next time due to this. The cafeteria at POR was good, busy but not as bad as some other Disney hotels- both Deluxe and Value resorts.

We stayed in a Royal bedroom and we loved it. It would be worth the slight upcharge if your kids enjoy that theming. For the small rooms found across Disney hotels we found the room very functional, very clean and comfortable. And for our family, most importantly, QUIET! It was low season and we requested a remote room so this helped, but the whole facility seemed very peaceful. Beds and pillows and great AC unit made the room very comfortable for sleeping.

We had a car and parking was very convenient. If we had not been driving I would have worried somewhat about the bus system which as others have mentioned, is shared. That can always be a headache. Road system into Disney is complicated, I got lost getting in and out as usual; the headache of the car rental!

The boat service was somewhat disappointing; we waited nearly 30 minutes for a boat and the stops made it slow. I would not do a return trip to Downtown Disney; it was painfully crowded (even in low season) at night. This is a downside to POR as this is the only connection other than by bus if you do not have a car. I think the Boardwalk area is better for kids. We really enjoyed the outdoor movie, although as a pregnant mom traveling with an elderly parent, sitting on the ground for a whole movie got pretty uncomfortable and they would not let you bring your room pillows.

We would certainly consider staying here again sometime, but more likely try French Quarter since we have one (and soon two) young children, for ease of getting around the site.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank plattsburgher
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have stayed at other Disney resorts, but wanted to try something new in the moderate price range. I was pleasantly surprised at all The Port Orleans Riverside had to offer. When checking in, children can sit in small chairs and watch cartoons in the lobby. I requested a room that would be near the bus stop and that was accommodated. The room was near one of the leisure pools and near the larger pool with a waterslide. Our room, although small, was fine for three adults and a child. There were two sinks which made the morning dash to get ready for the parks much quicker! The queen sized beds were comfortable. It was fairly quiet with no noise other than an occasional toilet flushing from another room. The only negative was the heat/a.c system. It didn't maintain a constant temperature so we would alternately be cold or hot. The grounds along the river were attractive. A huge plus was the food court where many options were available including turkey, pasta, burgers, pizza, bakery items and sandwiches. Frequently, there would be a little "Riverside parade" where children would be given tambourines and walk with cast members around the restaurant singing the resort theme song. It was very cute. Each child received a Mickey curly straw for participating! For adults, there is a lounge which hosted a singer/comic who played the piano. It was very entertaining. There is also a sit-down restaurant which we didn't try. A delightful man, named Birdie, was near the front door in the morning handing out Mickey stickers to children and adults. He was so friendly and fun! There were so many happy, smiling faces indicating contentment with this resort! We didn't have time to take the boat to Downtown Disney, but that is on the list for our next trip.

Room Tip: Request a room near the lobby. Some rooms are quite a hike from that area.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank nanci_h_b
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We have only stayed at Disney's Deluxe Resorts, primarily for the convenience of the monorail to the MK and Epcot, and as much as we enjoy them, I always question the real value we get. This year we decided to stay one night at Port Orleans Riverside as it was a ridiculous price for that night at the Deluxe we were staying at the remainder of the week (January 1- Holiday rates in effect for that one day). We had visited the POR area on our previous trip and found it really appealed to us. We couldn't have been happier. The check in process was smooth. There were plenty of people staffing the desk, and it was moving at a comfortable pace. I used their online check in service to check in on our drive down, and all my paperwork and keys were ready to go. We had also been given a surprise upgrade. Since we were placed in Magnolia Bend section , and I wanted Alligator Bayou, I asked to switch and was easily accommodated. We found our room after a bit of back and forth walking as the buildings are in a wooded setting, and there are only two paths that actually connect to each building. The signage is good, and once you are there a day or two, I am sure it gets easier. We arrived at dusk, and found daylight to be imminently easier to navigate! The rooms are about 315 sq feet with doors that open to the outer wraparound porch. They still felt comfortable for our family of four. We loved the renovated rooms, the Princes and the Frog isthe theme here with alligators on the pillows, Murphy bed "wall", etc. I found the Murphy bed to be a bit small for my 5'4" 12 year old, but not bad. The beds have all been upgraded from Doubles to Queens. The tub and toilet are in a separate room with a door, the double sinks are in a spacious area with a hanging curtain to afford dressing privacy. The room was spotless, the amenities were Disney themed and smelled great.

There is a boat to take you to Downtown Disney that I highly recommend! It is an enjoyable ride of about 20 minutes that takes you along the banks of a couple of other resorts. Even with our on vehicle, I would take this boat to DTD without question. We enjoyed the food at the Quick Service restaurant here- Riverside Mill Food Court. It is a huge place with a much greater selection of food than the Deluxe resorts. Everything we had was good. The make your own salad, pasta, oatmeal, parfait were all great features with plenty of add-in choices. (You don't actually put it together, but you do tell the server what to add.) The grounds were beautiful, Old Man River Pool was really neat, but the running water features shut off too early to enjoy for long. We plan to stay here for the entire length of our next stay, even though it will mean driving to get to all the parks (we drive to FL). Disney transportation is convenient and easy to access here though. Really have no complaints at all. Gorgeous, plenty of fun things to see and do. Great value if you wish to stay at Disney IMHO.

Room Tip: You must request them, and they cost a bit more (about $25/night), but a preferred room gets you closer to the lobby (registration, shopping, dining, etc.) and the boat. I feel it is worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Luvamoose67
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is my favorite Disney property having stayed there 4 times. I was there I January to celebrate my Birthday. It was as lovely as ever, the grounds are so nice and actually relaxing for such a large hotel. There is separation and space, unlike some of the other hotels. I did feel like some of the magic was missing though....I was disappointed to see that no animals were created and left in the rooms by house keeping the entire stay. I know it am seem like a small thing, but it was always a great surprise to come back from the park to see what was left in your room...this time it was nothing. Also the quick service restaurant at the hotel, which last time I stayed we enjoyed, I thought was horrible. We were on the meal plan, so we ate breakfast there each day and we grabbed one dinner there...that dinner was almost uneatable. I do not think I would do the meal plan again on my next stay.
I do still love the property...being able to take the boat to downtown Disney is a real plus...

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shamoson
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I turned 40 on 12/12/12 and my husband surprised me with a trip to Orlando and a stay at POR. I have been to Orlando & WDW a few times, but never stayed on WDW property. I really liked this resort. The room prices are reasonable and I loved the little extra touches like towels folded into Mickey Mouse ears and the cute shampoo & conditioner bottles. We stayed in Acadian House and it was just the right size for the 2 of us. We are not physically impaired, but we had a room that was equipped for the disabled/elderly. If you have physical impairments, definitely try to get one of these rooms. I didn't feel the walk to the main lobby/restaurants/gift shop was far. The scenery would make it worth it anyways. We took the boat to Downtown Disney one night and it does move a bit slowly. We were vacationing sans kids, so we didn't mind the more leisurely pace. The food in the quick service dining area was just okay and a bit pricey. I wish we had a microwave in our room, but then again, that would cut down on the money to be made at the POR restaurants. If you are a vegetarian, you won't find many food choices here. We only ate breakfasts and 1 dinner at POR. Also, the dining areas get crazy crowded at breakfast time, so get there early, or prepare to be frustrated as you make your way back to the condiment section when you forget the syrup for your pancakes or sugar for your tea. Overall, my experience was good. A great way to celebrate a milestone birthday.

Room Tip: Don't count on using the whirlpool spa because it was always full of people at all times of the day.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple