My family and I recently came to Disney for Christmas and my daughter's 10th birthday. This is the 3rd Disney hotel we have stayed at, and this was my favorite so far. I did the online check-in, so when we arrived before 11am, our room was ready. (That was great, because we had to get up at 3:30 to get to the airport!) The woman that checked us in seemed like a bit of a grump, but we saw her the next morning walking around, and that must just be her persona. We stayed in a royal room in the Parterre Place building. We were on the end, and I honestly didn't hear a peep the entire time of our stay. These rooms are beautiful! If you have a little princess, I highly recommend spending the extra money on one of these rooms. I honestly think we watched the fireworks on the headboard more than the fireworks at the parks!
I will warn you, this resort is huge! If you're young and able, it's not terrible, but I imagine an older person or slightly impaired individual will have a lot of issues staying here. The grounds of this resort are gorgeous. The morning we arrived they were re-sodding a section of grass on our route, and I was a little upset because I didn't want to have to watch this our entire stay. Much to my surprise, by the time we got back later in the day, they were done! There were rose gardens on the way to our room, and a beautiful fountain. It was truly a dream come true.
Housekeeping was great, we had no issues at all. On Christmas morning, she left a cute little handmade basket that looked like it was made out of a washcloth. It made my daughter's day even better.
I have to admit, I'm not too fond of the food court here, but we only ate there for one meal (besides grabbing a quick breakfast). We each got a free travel mug, so we refilled that several times throughout every day. I don't like the food court, but I love the restaurant here - Boatwright's Dining Hall. And if you ever stay here, I recommend you check out Yehaa Bob at the River Roost bar. He was one of the highlights of our trip! He sings and makes jokes, and gets the entire audience involved! I don't know how, but he also remembers the name of everyone. My daughter loved the show so much, on our last night there she wanted to see him again instead of going back to the parks for any fireworks! I can't say I was disappointed, the parks were crazy busy!
We had no problems at all with the bus service. You just have to be prepared to wait when you're at Disney World. You need to plan ahead, and don't leave just enough time to get somewhere - you will be late! We would leave at least an hour and a half before any dinner reservations and had no problems. And I don't remember waiting more than 10 minutes for any bus the entire time we were there. One small problem we had was with the boat that takes you to Downtown Disney wasn't running a couple of times when we wanted to take a little ride. We were sick of riding buses, and wanted a little change of pace.
Overall, if you don't mind walking and love taking in beautiful scenery, this is the place for you. This will be our place from now on!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a place where simple pleasures flourish and Southern hospitality abounds. From the stately white-column mansions of Magnolia Bend to the quaint backwoods cottages of Alligator Bayou, delight in this picturesque Resort hotel that evokes the romance and tranquility of the rural Louisiana Bayou. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Disney Resort
- Orlando Port Orleans Resort
- Riverside Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Hotel Disney
- Port Orleans Resort Riverside
- Port Orleans Resort Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort Riverside