Sorry for the late review ,can't believe how time flies by.
Well let me start off by saying that This was by far the BEST family vacation we have ever had!!!!
We are a family of 5 (3 kids ages 5 -8 -9) and we loved every minute of our stay at Walt Disney worlds Port Orleans Riverside. From the time we pulled up to the main lobby we new this was going to be a time to remember. The lobby was so grand and beautiful ,we were able to check in very quickly and the kids were able to sit and watch some Disney cartoons in a little area designated just for children. We then were escorted to our room for 5. It had 2 double beds and a trundle bed that pulled out from underneath one of the beds. It was ok for a small child but not exactly what I was expecting for disney standards. When we were there we were told that the resort was undergoing a major renovation and that all rooms were getting a face lift. I just wish that we could of had a reno room instead because the rooms were a little old and the bathrooms were just crying out for help. In the main building they had a great General store with everything you can imagine a disney store to have like cothes gifts ,movies ,candies ,drinks and snacks. There was also a great little hotel bar with a great entertainer who played the piano and made people laugh and sing along. The food was equally as good ,the breakfasts had a wonderful variety of food ,anything from pastries to eggs and bacon or pancakes and waffles ,it was perfect. We never had dinner or lunch there as we had the disney dining plan and were always somewhere else for those meals. The pools were very fun too ,they had a little something for all ages! My kids especially enjoyed the water slides and the buckets that dumped water on you. All in all this was a great place to stay!! We will for sure be going back in fall 2013 for another AWESOME stay at this amazing resort. Thank you Disney!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a place where simple pleasures flourish and Southern hospitality abounds. From the stately white-column mansions of Magnolia Bend to the quaint backwoods cottages of Alligator Bayou, delight in this picturesque Resort hotel that evokes the romance and tranquility of the rural Louisiana Bayou. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Disney Resort
- Orlando Port Orleans Resort
- Riverside Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Hotel Disney
- Port Orleans Resort Riverside
- Port Orleans Resort Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort Riverside