“Good hotel and excelent staff at front desk!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Universal Studios Orlando
Ranked #153 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Good hotel and excelent staff at front desk!”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

very well located, front desk Dores very very gentle and friendly, clean hotel, breakfast very good!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
jmmiller123456, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Universal Studios Orlando, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
I will pass your comments to Doris - thanks for sharing!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Powell OH USA
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Front desk check in very nice and quick. Tickets for park available in lobby. Rooms are big for our family of five. Two doubles and sofa bed. Comfy beds but small. Clean. Close to park but still need to drive.

• Stayed January 2012
Thank you for the quick review. Our lobby desk is operated by Universal Studios and you can also purchase tickets to Sea World, Aquatica and Wet 'n Wild.
Watertown, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 2, 2012

It was clean and pretty quiet which is always good. If your going to Universal it is only a few min. down the street from it and they have a shuttle bus that does have scheduled times but if you miss the return bus it is only 6.00 for the cab ride back which is still cheaper than parking in Universal and less of a pain in the butt. Nice breakfast with a good variety of food for the whole family which is a plus.

4 Thank 654sandras
Thank you for the review. Glad to hear you were able to take advantage of the free shuttle to Universal and that the whole family enjoyed the breakfast!
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed December 30, 2011

let me start with the amenities, they were fine, clean, comfortable, nice view, fridge in the room,
very nice. Everytime I called the front desk for something I was treated rudely and like an idiot!
There was a very sarcastic, rude woman I kept getting. I think her name was Leah. When I was on the wrong shuttle coming back from the parks, exhausted with 2 kids, I called the hotel for help because the guy was taking us right back to where we got on, the front desk lady said, "What do you want from me, Universal provides the shuttle!", When I called the next morning for a luggage cart, I told her I would need it within the next hour, She said"call when you need it",
I hung up, then called right back to say OK, I need it, the phone rang at least 100 times, when she picked it up, I told here I needed the cart, she said "come down and get it"
I'll never stay there again, I may never even go to Universal again, they kind of ruined the whole thing for me.

Room Tip: I would not stay there again, even if they gave me a free room!
1 Thank Valerie V
This is not the guest service we strive to deliver. I apologize that you were treated in this manner. I would be very intersted in getting a little more information from you so I can address this issue with the correct agent. Please feel free to give me a call at 407 363 1333.
Again I do apologize and I look forward to speaking with you.
Beijing, China
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for four days to visit our daughter who lives in Orlando. We have stayed at many HI Express properties and this is not one of our favorites.

The property is convenient to Universal and not far from Disney, but our sheets were old, the sink and bathroom were very small, and many rooms lack microwaves and refrigerators. An exercise room is available next door at the Comfort Suites (which actually seems like a nicer building).

Breakfast is the typical HIE set of offerings, but the crowd (granted, it was between Christmas and New Years, an extremely busy period), made it impossible to enjoy the meal.

Staff was friendly.

All in all...good location, fair price, nothing inspiring.

1 Thank garagestudio
Runaway Bay, Australia
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed for 3 days had fabulous time, room was unbelievable, the resturant attached to the hotel was fab, the breakfast was good but the evening meals were great.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a suite, truelly worth it if you are staying for an extended period
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Houlton, Maine
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Stayed 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Dec. Location was good as we didn't go to Disney. The rooms were clean, but didn't have a tub, only a shower. The only issue was our TV didn't work when we got there. Tried plugging it into a couple different outlets before it would work. It was an old TV, but they were replacing it when we checked out with a new flat screen. Breakfast was large. The pancakes are a good feature, but stay away from the premade omelets...not good. But there were plenty of other offerings to make up for it. Pool and pool area is very small.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple