“10mins to convention centre”

Best Western Orlando Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #116 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Standard accomodation for the best western plus franchise. Rooms and location acceptable. Problems with nearly being overcharged twice as I had booked via travel agent yet that was not registered on arrival and they tried to charge me again. Breakfast again standard for USA best western hotels, best part is the pancake maker.
Good parking and location makes its easy to get to orlando tourist sites. Takes about 10-15mins to walk across to Convention via the back entrance.
House keeping sometimes a bit slacking as had to be reminded on a number of occasions to make up our room.

Room Tip: Get a room by back elevator, easy access to car park and pool. 3rd floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Froggggie

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I'm actually a BW fan: but this one was a little disappointment. Rooms are clean, no complain, but AC stinks like hell, we switched it off the whole stay, water tastes ugly as well, but it seems to be a general Orlando problem ... many times we had to drink this awefully tasting water, even the water or sodas in Seaworld. Location is one plus point: 10mins walk to Seaworld. The breakfast room is waaaaaay to small for the crowd, and the patio area needs some rearrangement, get rid of the strange table around the tree, and also the tree and create a nicer patio. Clean room at reasonable price, but nothing more and special and PLUS justifying. Would maybe try something different next time.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I read many comments by prior guests and they were right in somethings and i didn't find somethings bad as they described. The breakfast area is small and cramped. The food quality is not as good as in other Best Western Iv'e stayed at. I didn't find it noisy like others before me. Over all it was a pleasant stay and if I am going to Aquatica or Sea World it is the place I would stay. SeaWorld is a short 10 minutes walk away and when leaving the park at night I walked back faster then some other guests that drove back from the park. I like the 40" HD flat screen with Showtime and HBO. It is cenrally located and went to City Walk and Downtown Disney from the hotel. A pleasant say.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family and I spent one night at this hotel. This location have clean rooms and are updated. Neat hotel for the area. There was free breakfast with many hot and cold options. There is indoor and outdoor seating areas. Although, the inside seating area can be a bit cramped if crowded. The free parking at this hotel is definitely a plus and luxury in Orlando!:-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Overall a great value. Price was reasonable and staff were great. Check-in clerk made accommodations for me to park my motorcycle close to the front door out of the rain and weather. Only negative was a musty smell - likely from the frequent rains and the a/c units working overtime in the hot, humid weather.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I felt safe and secure. Hotel staff was friendly. Lobby of hotel was spotless and had a very elegant scent. This was my second stay and this stay was for a week. I was very impressed and I am looking forward to returning in the near future. Not to forget the breakfast was awesome.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This stay was the worst in my entire life! We (Myself, my wife and female friend of my wife) arrived around 12:30 pm on July 19, to attend a conference, before normal check-in time but we were accommodated to be assigned a room and take luggage to room. We went to the room and dropped off our luggage with two double beds, then attended the nearby conference the rest of the day. When we went to the room a humidifier was running and we were told was to remove musty odor. We noticed an odor, but believed the hotel staff, and expected the odor to be gone by the time we returned that night. When we returned about 10:30 that night, we discovered the dehumidifer was removed and the room smelled terrible! We then notified management and was told by night manager (who had just come on duty), he didn't know why dehumidifier was removed. We could not tolerate sleeping in that room. The night manager offered the "handicapped" room, which only had a double bed, with no room for a rollaway bed. By the way, another couple nearby, also described their room as odorous. That meant one of us had to sleep on the floor. We had driven 950 miles to attend the 3 day conference and needed to be awake for the conference the next day. Our female friend ended up sleeping on the floor on a folded over mattress pad and a few blankets. She did not sleep well and her conference attendance was totally wasted in the next afternoon, as she had not slept well. In fact she missed the entire conference from about 3:30 on. What should have happened? A. The room should never have been made available until the odor was permanently removed. B. The night manager could have recommended a few places that we could try for lodging and just cancelled the night stay. Note: The next night we found a room in the next door Hawthorn suites, for almost the same price. Those rooms were beautiful, clean, and great service. I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone (unless maybe all available rooms can be shown to be odor free).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business