“Great hotel”

Ranked #124 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Beverly Hills, Florida, Usa
“Great hotel”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very nice hotel. Close to everything. Very clean.Will gladly recommend to others.
We spent only one night but used most of the facilities available and enjoyed our stay greatly. The hotel management was very friendly and ansewered all our questions in a very professional maner.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

shelleybell1, Director of Sales at Best Western Orlando Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We are pleased to hear about your great stay. Our staff works very hard to make everyone feel welcome and maintain our beautiful hotel. Recommendations are always appreciated. We just hope you can stay for longer next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I booked the hotel about an hour ago - via an reputable online company. I was so happy with the online rate, hotel reviews, pics, etc., etc!

I called the hotel with a simple question about my reservation, and was shocked by the extremely rude staff member who answered the phone. I then asked to speak to a manager. To my dismay and horror, I was told that I was speaking to him!!!! When I asked his last name, he refused to give it to me!!

I started my conversation chipper and almost giddy from just making the vacation plans and reservation. I ended it shocked and disheartened. I hope to heaven no one ever encounters Derek (the manager) like I encountered him!

Needless to say, I quickly canceled our reservation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We are very sorry about your experience with our hotel. As our reviews show, customer service is our top priority and Derek is one of our most valuable employees. He receives positive reviews time after time. According to our records, your call was going in and out due to a bad connection. Derek could not hear much of what you were saying and he asked you to call back to see if that would correct the issue. It is possible due to the connection, you could not hear what he said and thought he hung up on you. We assure you that we do not treat our guests in that manner. We apologize for the misunderstanding and truly hope you will give us another try!
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights before heading down to Fort Lauderdale for a cruise.

Pleasantly surprised.

Hotel is kept in pretty good shape and the rooms are very warm and comfortable.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. Answered all sorts of questions regarding directions and what there is to do in Orlando and how to do it.

They have laundry and vending machines, as well internet station and complimentary Wifi throughout the hotel. The free breakfast was small but decent. There are fresh machine-made pancakes, eggs, sausages and some bagels/bread that can be toasted, along with the normal cereals etc... As others have stated the breakfast area is very small, and will often be overcrowded around 9-9:30am.

After driving about 20 minutes to Magic Kingdom, the next day we were able to walk about 15 minutes to Sea World, which saved on the $14 dollars a day parking there.

There is a small shopping plaza located right next to the hotel with a few shops and restaurants. The Italian Steak house was very good.

The hotel is nothing glamorous, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again as the comfort level is very high.

Room Tip: Not much to choose from in terms of room locations. Just 2 floors with 1 long hallway each. We sta...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! Our management and staff put guest satisfaction at the top of our priority list. We strive to deliver a great product, great location and friendly staff. Should your travels bring you back to Orlando, we hope to see you again!!
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The hotel was very near all the action on International Drive. I was surprised at how reasonable the price was since it was so close to all the festivities. The room was average, but the free breakfast was excellent. The dining area was small and crowded so my husband and I took our breakfast back to the hotel room. I have stayed at hotels that you must pay for breakfast or do not have a breakfast option at all, so the breakfast at this hotel was pleasantly surprising. The staff was ok; a bit unprofessional, but I did not need to interact with then except for checking in and checking out. I got a discount for being a AAA member, which was another bonus. There is a nice little diner next door if you don't want to pay a lot for dinner or wait a long time.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel is just ok in my opinion. location is good (near Sea World and other parks), the rooms are not that spacious, the bathroom is small and the breakfast area is really small with few tables. The breakfast is really weak and all the cutlery is disposable (made of plastic).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We apologize that you did not enjoy all aspects of your stay with us. We work very hard to make sure that every guest leaves happy. Our rooms have been recently completely renovated with high quality furnishings and designed to meet our guests requests. Our complimentary breakfast is quite extensive - including eggs, breakfast meat, fresh pancakes, cereals, fruits, breads, bagels, juices, coffee, tea and milk. Our breakfast area does sometimes get quite busy when the hotel is full, but we do also offer very pleasant covered outdoor seating. As far as the utensils, we are not a full service hotel. It is not normal or customary for properties of our standard to use glass, china or silver. We understand that all guests have different expectations. But we hope that we have made sure to let you know that we value your opinions and always take them into consideration for future.
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've stayed at this property two years in a row, for an event at the Convention Center. I've stayed at other hotels in the area for the same event and none compare. Great Value, clean, nice breakfast and convenient. No charge for parking. There are several restaurants within walking distance and several others close-by on Westwood Blvd. that get you out of the I-Drive hustle.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Oakton, Virginia, Usa
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The room was fine, all amenities including the alarm clock worked to ensure a very early departure. I especially appreciated being given a ground floor location since I had to depart for the Airport @ 4 AM.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business