“Even better than before”

Best Western Orlando Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #120 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Pittsburgh
“Even better than before”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We've been using this hotel while attending scuba trade shows at the convention center for several years. It was fine when it was the Sleep Inn, now it's even better as the Best Western. Our room was updated and surprisingly quiet, and has a good-sized refrigerator, high speed internet (bring a connecting cord) or wifi, and a flat TV. The included breakfast has been expanded, including a pancake machine, cereal, orange & apple juice, coffee, tea, oranges, pastries, toast, bagels, English muffins, sausage or bacon on different days, and some strange looking scrambled eggs. I didn't have the eggs, but my husband made an "Egg McMuffin" type sandwich every day and said it wasn't bad. There is a microwave available. There was a computer in the lobby, two in the business center (one was working), with a printer, and two on the second floor in the alcove that looks down on the lobby. About a mile to the convention center. There are several nearby restaurants, and a convenience/grocery story near the convention center to buy a limited amount of groceries. We'll be staying there again next time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I just took my 2 nieces to Discovery Cove and SeaWorld for 2 days and was looking for a clean nice hotel that was not super expensive, like the ones on the Disney Properties, etc. but also nearby for inexpensive cab fairs.

I found this place which was going through a name change to Best Western, and also some restoration. I was a little concerned. The folks at the hotel assured me that we would be well taken care of. Well, I was more than pleased at how clean and neat the place was, from the grounds, the lobby, and most of all the rooms. They had just put in new furniture, 42 inch flat screen TVs, and the beds were very comfortable. They provided free continental breakfast, which was just fine to get us started for the day. The manager was very courteous and allowed us an extended stay, due to our flight not leaving till 2pm. The only thing I would suggest is not using the transportation service that they called for your cab rides. They used the U.S.A Transportation & Tours, which were significantly more expensive than a regular cab, especially to the airport. Other than that, it was great, there were plenty of good places nearby to walk to and eat and buy food and drink, beer and wine, whatever you need. For the room costs, no where around can beat this place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2011

The rooms, location and staff at this winning hotel are first rate. Recently renovated means the rooms are fabulous. New, clean walk in shower rooms, huge flat screen tv, full size fridge and safe. Beds are very comfortable. My only minor misgiving was the breakfast. The room is small and the quality of the cooked items soso but the muffins fruit and coffee are great and hey it's included so I feel bad even mentioning it. All the staff were so friendly without being pushy and the manager Derek is First rate. Nothing is too much trouble and any issues were resolved immediately. Ours was a wifi one that he dealt with fast. The location too is brilliant. 10 minutes walk from Seaworld saves you $15 parking fee and access to I-trolley and Lynx bus to get to all the other parks. Unlike lots of other hotels it is not right on top of a 6 lane motorway either!. I agonised over which hotel to choose before I went but this was so good I want to return right now. Thanks for a great stay to all at what was called the Windsor Inn and is now Best Wetern Plus. Don't hesitate book now before this gets too popular.

Room Tip: I go for higher floors. A room at the back overlooks the overflow car park which is very quiet. Th...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank RLevene
Reviewed October 28, 2011

My friend and I stayed at the best western plus for 2 nights and it was the best expirience. Derek, front desk was amazing, friendly informative and welcoming. Rooms clean and newly renovated. Free shuttle to theme parks, and the I-trolley stops outside hotel (stop 29) swell as the Lynks 42 and 111. The best part free HOT breakfast and free business centre with free use of Internet and free wi-fi. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank T-TRAM
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This hotel has recently been renamed the Best Western Plus. When telling taxi drivers where you are staying, you may have to refer to it as the Windsor Inn or Sleep Inn. The confusion in names made it difficult for the airline to return a piece of lost baggage, since they didn't have the new name in their computer system. We booked our room on www.hotels.ca and got a room with 2 double beds for $49/night.

I stayed here on October 18-21 to visit Universal Studios and do some shopping prior to a conference at the Orange County Convention Centre. As two female travelers, we felt safe and enjoyed the many perks of staying at this hotel.

LOCATION: This hotel has a fantastic location! It's located right off I-Drive, and there is an I-Trolley stop right across the street. You can easily reach both outlet malls on the I-Trolley. There is a shuttle that takes guests to Universal Studios, SeaWorld and Disneyworld. They drop-off in the morning, and return for pick-up twice in the evening. This means that you have to stay at the park for a decent amount of time. The shuttle is quick and pain-free.

BREAKFAST: The breakfasts are fantastic. It is hectic around 8:30 AM when everybody is getting ready to visit the theme-parks. This makes breakfast a rather rushed affair since there are limited tables, and it is not always desirable to sit outside because of the weather. The buffet consisted of: pancakes, bacon/sausage, eggs, pastries, oranges, and juice. Of course, all of the jam included corn syrup, as did the pancake syrup. There are whole-wheat English muffins.

THEME PARK TICKETS: There is a person who sells tickets to the theme parks at a 'discount.' After talking to him, I determined that purchasing from his is not that different from purchasing online. He sells Universal Studios 2-day park-to-park passes for $130 cash, or $135 with a credit card. He also had Disneyworld tickets for $30 off, however, this only applied with a group of three or more, and this was with a special 'employee voucher,' for which you had to notify him one day in advance, and go with him to the park to purchase the tickets. From my observations of his interactions with other guests, he didn't seem particularly keen to garner business, so I would probably look around for better deals.

AMENITIES: The rooms were simple, but great. They hotel is newly renovated, and each has a safe. Although the bathroom had a funky odour, I think this is more likely attributed to the smell in Orlando's tap water, rather than hotel cleanliness.

STAFF: I cannot describe how wonderful the staff were. We were greeted by Derek, who directed us to our room, and provided suggestions on where to eat. We also met another staff member named Derek, who was most courteous and helpful. There was no problem stowing our luggage with the desk since we went to a theme park after checking out... however, I was rather shocked that they did not ask for any ID to make sure that we were the owners when picking up our luggage afterwards.

OVERALL: A wonderful hotel, and a great way to save money, particularly with a family. There's a pool and gym, and this provides a simple and affordable, yet comfortable place to relax while in Orlando.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in which there is no more construction. When we walked in our room, we found a wor...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lizardo23
Scotland
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We've been to Florida many times, but this was our first hotel stay. From our experience being in the Windsor Inn (now Best Western Plus - Orlando Convention Center Hotel) I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The staff - from the front desk, kitchen staff, housemaids and service staff are all friendly, warm, welcoming and helpful for local information They really do the extra little bit and couldn't be faulted. The ensuite room, in the middle of 2nd floor had 2 double beds, 42 inch lcd tv with sports and Disney info channel, a full size fridge, air con, plenty of storage with iron and board. A mini safe, wifi and free local calls are all available in the room. Rooms are cleaned daily to a high standard.
A fitness room with excellent equipment is available to use. Breakfast is included with a limited but adequate buffet, the only slight negative is the breakfast area is on the small side, but we learned that timing our breakfast to avoid early risers and later families was best option. A suggestion for management would be to extend into the rear to complete the transformation and get 5/5. A decent size pool and pool deck with tables, chairs, parasols and sun loungers, all of which were regularly cleaned, are also available and shielded, with hedging, from general view. Laundry facilities at $4 wash and dry is situated at the end of the 2nd floor. The additional hotel charge at $2.50 daily for wifi, room safe and parking, is one of the best around. The location is central to all theme parks with a free shuttle bus available, Seaworld is a short 5 min walk, across the road and down the side of the Doubletree Hotel. There are plenty of restaurants within a pleasant 1 - 1.5 mile walk up International Drive, the very reasonable I-ride buses are also availabe. Thanks to all for an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on 2nd floor at the front, away from lifts and stairs, following previous advice. Ther...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank G_L17B
Bristol
Reviewed October 19, 2011

This hotel has blown me away. Location is minutes from Seaworld (walking) with Lynx bus access to all parks. The room I had beats Disney pop century and gets close to the highest standards. Huge flat screen tv, full size fridge and safe, coffee machine etc. You name it you got it. Shower is a luxury walk in and big enough for 2. I think you can ignore any adverse review below as the refurb has transformed a good hotel into something much better. My bed wasnt hard but very comfortable. I haven't checked out yet but so far I am absolutely amazed at the value this offers. I am not easily pleased (see my review of the Village In) next door. Don't hesitate to book this as the rates must start to get higher. I can't believe the rate I got thru Expedia. And the staff are absolutely great. Not gushing but willing and able to do everything they can. My IPad didn't connect to the wi fi in the room. Within a day the company that installed the system had been contacted and I am now writing this on my iPad in the hotel. The is no reason to go anywhere else. This hotel is fantastic.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Rich-Bouche
shelleybell1, Director of Sales at Best Western Orlando Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Wow - thank you for your review! It is great to hear that you had such a pleasant stay. While we have always strived to provide high service levels, we have worked very hard to upgrade and improve our hotel to improve the overall guest experience. We have been re-named the Best Western Plus Orlando Convention Center Hotel and are excited to now show our new property to guests. Please remember us the next time you are in Orlando. We would love to host you again.